Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2

Discussion Topic: 2014 Finals
Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on March 23, 2014

James English was PSU's hero.

Had Plans Last Night (yes, I'm an idiot so I watched finals on tape delay) Here are my thoughts:

125: Never bet against Delgado. He is the ultimate tactical wrestler.

133: Almost happy for Ramos. He blocks a lot but does a better job appearing to be aggressive. Only guy that was able to score on him was Logan.

141: I felt sorry for Carter. It was obvious by the end of the first period that he knew his magical run was over and that he had no chance. Logan was brilliant and made his third championship look easy over a guy that had just won huge in the semis.

149: I love Tsirtsis. Wrestles with panache and put together a great effort every round. He could be the next 4 timer although there are no guarantees. He and Hunter will be a great rivalry next season.

157: Dieringer is a beast and was unintimidated by the Dylan Ness show. Miller needs to watch the tape and learn the same tactics for next year.

165: D.T. is the best pure technician I've ever seen. Just brilliant and a great champion. Best wrestler in the tourney besides Logan Stieber.

174: Perry shocked the world and eliminated all doubt that he deserved to be champion. Was that a fireman's he hit? Wow! Third best wrestler in the nation IMO.

184: Ruth won it in the semis...same as Logan.

197: Deep sigh.

285: Very interesting match. Score is tied but Nelson has riding time locked up and is on bottom. Suddenly he gets hurt and Gwiz gets the chance to change positions. They go neutral and Gwiz scores. WE NEED MORE OF THIS TYPE OF CHANGE IN POSITIONS TO INCREASE SCORING. That's the rule change that has to happen to make our sport more exciting.

Add to the discussion and quote this      

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2