Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Discussion Topic: Logan Stieber post match interview .. must watch!
Tommy Ellis added to this discussion on March 23, 2014

I got tired of seeing the NCAA replaying Logans matches and saying controversial finishes . Logan touches on this briefly and was glad to hear him do so ..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQorw3vL1pw&list=UUXmtjT8iO5BaMDvKOxcvgWw
And Wow 3x national Champion !

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Rick Wasmer added to this discussion on March 23, 2014

Great interview! Great job Logan!!

Jack Muni added to this discussion on March 23, 2014

They need to let the last two years go already. I was annoyed by the announcers, during the finals, rehashing Logan's other two wins, putting a negative spin on them. And also the whole Carter-Virginia Tech thing to the point of ignoring the action taking place and just babbling on and on. Logan got his third TD, a beautiful leg attack, and they are still talking about the VT program and what Carter means to it, not even mentioning the TD. AHHHH!!!!!

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on March 23, 2014

I was also annoyed. Logan is one of the best wrestlers in NCAA history and was riding brilliantly. I love watching him on top because his technique is amazing and the adjustments he made between Big Tens and Nationals were spot on. Notice he wasn't looking to turn Retherford or Carter as much as he was concerned with keeping them down and flat. His strategy was obvious...win on the feet then keep them down and accumulate riding time. Rinse and repeat.

I was glad to see Port/Retherford match, Port took down and got out, not quickly, but he got out. Still would like to see Carter/Retherford & Port/Carter matches. Actually was sorry Henderson upset Port.

David Brown added to this discussion on March 23, 2014

I was a little uncomfortable with the announcer continuing to refer to Ed Ruth's long arms. At one point stating he "doesn't have to bend over to put on his ankle bands." People less forgiving than myself could read a lot into those comments.

Brady Hiatt added to this discussion on March 23, 2014

You don't need to see possible racism in every statement either. That never entered my head until I just read your post.

I made the exact comment to a former wrestler of mine about Ruth ... and Taylor. We were discussing the body type of the "perfect" wrestler.

Mark Niemann added to this discussion on March 23, 2014

Logan is such an amazing young man. More than anything I love hearing people associated with the program talk about his behind-the-curtain demeanor. The word "focused" comes up quite often.

I also love to hear the respect he has for all competitors. The way he says it, it almost sounds as if even he believes it! (Or he actually does believe it!!!)

Well Mark, the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. I was at Edinboro Open and watched Hunter beat James English with a last minute TD. English, of course, was disappointed. Then I see Jeff Stieber go over and console English for about five minutes. He could have just walked away, but that's the kind of people they are. Walking out of the gym Jeff was talking about what a good kid English is, and all the injuries he's had to overcome. He always thanks me for supporting his boys, but it should be me thanking him for all the sacrifices he & his family have gone through to get to this point.

Tommy Ellis added to this discussion on March 23, 2014

I just loved that Logan said " what they don't talk about was my first takedown and if the rules reflected that now the outcome wouldn't have changed " just glad he put his point on it.

► Add to the Discussion