Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Discussion Topic: tOSU Buckeyes 2014/2015
Christian Pyles added to this discussion on March 27, 2014

Quote from Jamie Teel's post:

"Minnesota worries more than Iowa in regards to being an obsticle for TOSU. Schiller, Storley and Ness plus the Dradanes, Brancle and Pfarr and Kroells. Pfarr is fairly proven in my eyes as he had some nice wins filling in for Steinhouse. Then you throw in their redshirts and thats a lot of firepower."

Who are their redshirts?

Between Kroells, Pfarr and Brancale I'm not sure you got more than 1 AA. The first two are solid, but I'm not ready to put them on the podium. No title winning upside for Minny.

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Mark Niemann added to this discussion on March 27, 2014

One can what if all day, but if the Dardanes bros win a match apiece more up top, the NCAAs finish a bit differently.

Are they the PSU version of the Alton bros??? (That a bit harsh, but both sets of bros were HIGHLY touted on the way out if HS.)

Dan Ransick added to this discussion on March 27, 2014

Dardanes have actually lived up to the billing a lot more than the Alton's. The Alton's were all everything coming into Penn State and between injuries and other issues have just fizzled out.

Jamie Teel added to this discussion on March 27, 2014

Quote from Christian Pyles's post:

"

Quote from Jamie Teel's post:

"Minnesota worries more than Iowa in regards to being an obsticle for TOSU. Schiller, Storley and Ness plus the Dradanes, Brancle and Pfarr and Kroells. Pfarr is fairly proven in my eyes as he had some nice wins filling in for Steinhouse. Then you throw in their redshirts and thats a lot of firepower."

Who are their redshirts?

Between Kroells, Pfarr and Brancale I'm not sure you got more than 1 AA. The first two are solid, but I'm not ready to put them on the podium. No title winning upside for Minny."

Im not well-versed on Minnesota wrestling but Im pretty sure they have Jake Short and a kingsley who where both touted recruits. I guess thinking about it neither may be able to crack the lineup next year unless they grow to 165. And C.P., I totally agree that there may only be 1 aa out of the three. I just look at it from a points view.... Storley, Schiller and Ness are good for 60ish. If the Dardanes wrestle well that could be aother 20-30. let's just say that puts them at 90ish with 5 guys to add on. Tosu in my mind should get 90ish from Stieber's, Bojo, Nate and Snyder. I like our remaing 5 vs. Minnesotas remaing 5 a bit more. Thats just how I simplify it (even though everyone knows even the best laid plans can go to **** in a hurry)

I see 6 AA's for the Buckeyes next year I don't think that is a stretch either.

125 - Tomasello
141 - Stieber
149 - Stieber
157 - Demas
165 - BoJo
197 - Snyder

Those are the guys that I would see most likely doing it. Courts is right there and so is DiJulius. They are pretty well stockpiled and on paper a great dual team like Minny has been too. 2014-2015 get here soon.

Pat Altvater added to this discussion on March 27, 2014

Quote from Dan Ransick's post:

"I see 6 AA's for the Buckeyes next year I don't think that is a stretch either.

125 - Tomasello
141 - Stieber
149 - Stieber
157 - Demas
165 - BoJo
197 - Snyder

Those are the guys that I would see most likely doing it. Courts is right there and so is DiJulius. They are pretty well stockpiled and on paper a great dual team like Minny has been too. 2014-2015 get here soon."

Dan: The two guys that you didn't mention here is Nick Tavenello and Mark Martin. Those two guys are pretty good for being considered the 9th and 10th spots on your team.

Nick T. had over 20 wins in a tough 285 class, ended up a round of 12 guy, beat the #12 and #13 seeded wrestlers at the NCAA's, and he beat the formerly ranked #1 Adam Coon at the Big Ten tounament. I think that Nick has a big upside going into next year. Still a bit of of an underdog, but I expect him to work hard and break the top 20 of the rankings at the beginning of next season.

I personnally think that Mark Martin had a very good season. I know that the knee had to have slowed him down at the end of the season, but he was ranked in the 12-16 range most of the season, in a tough class, and I expect a much improved 'healthy' Mark next year.

There is no question that the 2 guys I didn't mention are in a great position to succeed. Martin was banged up all year. Tavanello came on strong at the end and with a lot of seniors departing he's in a great position to AA.

This team coming up is going to be a great dual team as well. I think that get's lost as well. On paper you will have a hard time finding a team that matches up against them.

John Robert Dula added to this discussion on March 27, 2014

My guess is no team will come close to the bonus points TOSU will earn with their wrestlers. It will be like having a couple extra place finishers. Two points for each pin and a point and a half for each tech should be quite a bit with their lineup.

My guess is no team will come close to the bonus points TOSU will earn with their wrestlers. It will be like having a couple extra place finishers. Two points for each pin and a point and a half for each tech should be quite a bit with their lineup.

Last edited by John Robert Dula on March 27, 2014; edited 2 times in total

You in your cave again?

Sorry Mark...Parkinson's

Well then. To steal a line from "A Few Good Men"...

"Don't I feel like the @$$hole." - Colonel Jessup

Mark.....No problem

Returning points...

http://news.theopenmat.com/2014/03/division-i-returning-points/

► Add to the Discussion