Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Discussion Topic: tOSU Buckeyes 2014/2015
Jamie Teel added to this discussion on March 27, 2014

I didn't see JLJ's breakdown on the previous page before I commented, but I think he is spot on in his opinions!

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Pat Altvater added to this discussion on March 27, 2014

Quote from Mark Niemann's post:

"Returning points...

http://news.theopenmat.com/2014/03/division-i-returning-points/"

Looking at this list, I made an observation.

Now some may call this rationalization, but if you were allowed to add Hunter's points from the AA year before his red-shirt into this table. OSU would be #1 on this list.

Looking at this list another point stuck out to me, with the 6 points that Nick T. scored, he outscored a lot of great wrestlers in this tournament. There is great value in the NCAA tourney to hanging in there, winning a few consi matahes, and picking up a couple of pins.

Jason L. Jackson added to this discussion on March 27, 2014

Looking at the scores, Ness, as a runner up, was more valuable to his team than Ramos, a champ. Logan was more valuable than Ramos and Burak combined, meaning that he was basically two AAs. Bonus points are huge, and I think the Bucks are in good position next year to have 5 AAs (Nate, Logan, Hunter, Bo and Kyle) score like 7 or 8.

Dan Ransick added to this discussion on March 28, 2014

Logan scored an extra 6.5 points from bonus. Next year I think he could get about 8 extra points from bonus. That's a low level AA right there.

The other wrestler I see a lot of bonus points from is Bo Jordan. Looking at how his style projects to the collegiate level I see lots of points being scored.

I expect to see great things from the team next year.

BTW - Already booked the hotel for St. Louis next year.

Pat Altvater added to this discussion on March 28, 2014

Quote from Dan Ransick's post:

"Logan scored an extra 6.5 points from bonus. Next year I think he could get about 8 extra points from bonus. That's a low level AA right there.

The other wrestler I see a lot of bonus points from is Bo Jordan. Looking at how his style projects to the collegiate level I see lots of points being scored.

I expect to see great things from the team next year.

BTW - Already booked the hotel for St. Louis next year."

I would expect some bonus for Hunter and Tomesello in the early round at least, also.

Has anyone seen much tape on Kyle Snyder. Is he a guy that we expect a lot of pins and higher scoring matches from (like a Dustin Kilgore) or does he have a more controlled style like Nick Heflin?

Ben Golden added to this discussion on March 28, 2014

Quote from Pat Altvater's post:

"
I would expect some bonus for Hunter and Tomesello in the early round at least, also.

Has anyone seen much tape on Kyle Snyder. Is he a guy that we expect a lot of pins and higher scoring matches from (like a Dustin Kilgore) or does he have a more controlled style like Nick Heflin?"

Snyder has put up big points against the competition he has faced. He teched his opponent in the Junior World Finals (which is a good bit easier than teching someone in folkstyle, to be fair).

That's high school and freestyle competition, though. Whether or not he will score many bonus points as a true frosh is TBD. Very few true frosh put up a ton of bonus points, even if they win a lot of matches.

Jason L. Jackson added to this discussion on March 28, 2014

I think Kyle will be similar to Hunter last year. Lots of take 'em down, let 'em up matches. If he can get develop any type of top game I could see lots of majors.

I would think that Nate and Kyle could be good for 2-3 bonus points, Logan 6-8, Hunter 3-4, Bo 4-5 and the rest of the team 4-8. All together, that is 19-28 additional points. That's like having 2-4 extra All Americans.

Jamie Teel added to this discussion on March 28, 2014

I love the optimism of Mr. Jackson, and I share much of it as I have stated that TOSU's big 5 should score around 90 pts. However, we should all be causious. Saying we expect 19-28 bonus points is alot considering Peen ST had 17.5 bonus pts this year and they had 2 of the 3 most dominant wrestlers on the team. Also, my mind is going to keep expecting great things, but the Ncaas can be very humbling. Ask coach Smith how many points he expected out of his 1st 3 weights, I bet it was more than 7.5.

Also, on a Kyle Snyder note, as stated before he was much more a take em down kick em out type of HS wrestler. I believe he won the Ironman Finals 26-11 and the Beast 22-6. Awfully dominant in 2 of the nations premier tournaments.

Mark Niemann added to this discussion on March 29, 2014

And we all remember the "Sponseller to 4x AA, 1, maybe 2x NC" talk, right!?!?!

Jason L. Jackson added to this discussion on March 29, 2014

Quote from Mark Niemann's post:

"And we all remember the "Sponseller to 4x AA, 1, maybe 2x NC" talk, right!?!?!"

No one likes you, Debbie Downer.

:)

He he he...

Bob Preusse added to this discussion on March 29, 2014

those who make terrible homer predictions should be forever tied to them, can u name names, Mark??

Quote from Bob Preusse's post:

"those who make terrible homer predictions should be forever tied to them, can u name names, Mark??"

The only name in the conversations I remember was Michael Rodriguez. Not because he called Spons to accomplish those things, but rather because he was nearly sentenced to death by dismemberment for urging #DotNet-ers to be careful with their predictions. College wrestling is a tough grind.

I do believe it was Colt's freshman year that brought out the imfamous "What If" post!

Bob Preusse added to this discussion on March 29, 2014

u know who the culprits were Mark, u r being kind. u have the memory of an elephant.

Here's a good start, Bob: http://ohiowrestling.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=439

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next