Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Discussion Topic: D-I NCAA Coaching changes
Mike Hojnacki added to this discussion on April 19, 2014

Quote from Mark Niemann's post:

"When Silent H talks about what he's done as evidence that he has the training methods that can train world and Olympic champions, what is he referencing?"

Hrovat spent almost a whole year living in Russia when he was making a push in 2011. His performance at the World Team Trials clearly wasn't what he wanted, but he retained a lot of info regarding training, coaching, and a solid system. He is quickly building up his coaching resume with the success of the Cliff Keen Wrestling Club.

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Rex Holman added to this discussion on April 19, 2014

Coaching Russell and Kennedy to the finals of the Open is pretty impressive. I think Hrovat would be a great National team coach. The guy is super passionate and understands the development side of wrestling. Those guys are great athletes/wrestlers but are getting the advantage that comes with smart preparation.

John Ice added to this discussion on April 19, 2014

Bob Preusse added to this discussion on April 10, 2014

i sense perhaps a Zadick coming to Columbus (not quite a bookemdano, but a legit possibility)

Saw a picture with Tom Ryan, NateT, Kyle Snyder and Zadick at the open.

Matt Nutter added to this discussion on April 25, 2014

Kolat to Campbell University. This moves makes me very happy as a kid Cody Ryba wrestles there from my alma mater. I wonder if WVU made a move to get him? He obviously was open to being a head coach. If they didnt that is exactly why they are in the shape they are in!

Ethan Moore added to this discussion on April 25, 2014

Matt - i echo your mindset. When I see a school like Campbell hiring a coach like Kolat, my immediate thought is that they're serious about building a wrestling program. Great to see.

Mark Niemann added to this discussion on April 25, 2014

Found out about the Kolat move last night. Couldn't post until now.

If Kolat is available, and you are WVU, WHAT THE HECK!?!?!?! - that was my first thought.

To continue, perhaps this is a stepping-stone type of job??? Campbell seems an odd choice for Kolat from where I sit. But, who knows!?

Another I had was why Campbell!?!?!?! What is their/it's lure??? I mean, to pull someone from UNC - can you say b-e-a-utiful!!!

And what happened to Boardwine!?!?!?!?!

Some many questions; so few answers. We'll need Joe and Cary to come on here and shore things up. I'm off to recruit them. Wish me luck.

Bob Preusse added to this discussion on April 25, 2014

meanwhile whats Cleveland St doing ????????????

Ethan Moore added to this discussion on April 25, 2014

Mark - only 60ish D1 jobs. Each is attractive, in my opinion. Plus at a small school you can do something special.

Mike Hojnacki added to this discussion on April 25, 2014

http://www.flowrestling.org/article/26330-Cary-Kolat-To-Campbell-U#.U1rN3jl91G4

The Flo article says that Campbell will serve a 1 yr post season suspension for a low academic performance. I have never heard of a program being in this spot before. Can anyone shed some light?

Bob Preusse added to this discussion on April 25, 2014

Quote from Mike Hojnacki's post:

" The Flo article says that Campbell will serve a 1 yr post season suspension for a low academic performance. I have never heard of a program being in this spot before. Can anyone shed some light?"

in basketball, this years NCAA champ UCONN was not allowed to compete in the NCAA tourn last year due to low academic performance. -- the NCAA has the APR system now and tracks APR scores.

Steve Lester added to this discussion on April 25, 2014

Isn't loss of some scholarships also a possible sanction for poor APR, or am I thinking of a different performance measuring stick?

Nicholas Sestito added to this discussion on April 25, 2014

Quote from Steve Lester's post:

"Isn't loss of some scholarships also a possible sanction for poor APR, or am I thinking of a different performance measuring stick?"

I'm pretty sure that happened with Ohio State's basketball team several years ago after a number of one and done freshmen players, which dropped the APR.

Christian Pyles added to this discussion on April 26, 2014

Quote from Mark Niemann's post:

"Found out about the Kolat move last night. Couldn't post until now.

If Kolat is available, and you are WVU, WHAT THE HECK!?!?!?! - that was my first thought.

To continue, perhaps this is a stepping-stone type of job??? Campbell seems an odd choice for Kolat from where I sit. But, who knows!?

Another I had was why Campbell!?!?!?! What is their/it's lure??? I mean, to pull someone from UNC - can you say b-e-a-utiful!!!

And what happened to Boardwine!?!?!?!?!

Some many questions; so few answers. We'll need Joe and Cary to come on here and shore things up. I'm off to recruit them. Wish me luck."

A few things. Just my opinion. First. Things aren't exactly going great at UNC if you look carefully. Disappointment throughout the lineup. He's been there 4 years, no real improvement. So it is questionable how good he is as a coach. He could be amazing and is held back by Mock, he could be subpar.

WVU has their eye on that short guy that coaches Freestyle in Cbus anyways. Who'd pass on him for Kolat? Not me.

Mark Niemann added to this discussion on April 26, 2014

Zip it with that kind of talk, C-Py!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Brady Hiatt added to this discussion on April 26, 2014

Quote from Christian Pyles's post:

"WVU has their eye on that short guy that coaches Freestyle in Cbus anyways?"

Brian Nicola?

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next