Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Discussion Topic: D-I NCAA Coaching changes
Bob Preusse added to this discussion on March 29, 2014

Quote from Mark Niemann's post:

" And who makes that decision? The AD! And here we are at full circle as to why a strong commitment to a wrestling program, starting from the top (the AD) and working it's way down."

u r right, Mark-- i propose the WVa AD receive an $18,000 bonus for whatever decision he makes!

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Dan Strope added to this discussion on March 29, 2014

Quote from Bob Preusse's post:

"yes he has, Ben, however many coaches yearn to be the guy who runs the show. Depends on how much WVa wants to restore the program, how sweet the offer.

but i would think 3X NCAA champ, alumni and asst coach Jones tough to move aside if he wants it."

Jones has been there 8 years. If he was the answer we wouldn't be asking this question. I would think he more than had his opportunities to right the ship. In fact, his arrival came as a result of the Zeke Jones departure. Slide in performance since then a mere coincidence?

Josh Lowe added to this discussion on March 29, 2014

Given that Turnbull was non-renewed, I'd have a hard time seeing his primary assistant coach getting the job. That said, who knows.

In terms of the Sparty thing, it was during a stretch of five dual meets (the Ohio State dual was in that stretch) where they only won four matches across the series of meets. There is absolutely no reason for them to be that bad. Don't know why Minkel keeps his job.

I'd say Indiana is next to Michigan State in terms of being irrelevant in the Big Ten. Purdue is at least trying and improving.

Jeff Reid added to this discussion on March 30, 2014

MSU just had 12 members of its wrestling team named Academic All-Americans. Maybe that is the reason he is still around.

Bill Splete added to this discussion on March 30, 2014

Jeff,

Simple and on point(St.Joe Graduate!)

That is why these young men are in college, and even in the big ten that should be a priority! I would have much rather graduated from the Kelly School of Business than been an NCAA champ... Ok that isn't true, but that's why I didn't do either, academics, I would like to hear Roger chandler's take on what they deem as success.

Mark Niemann added to this discussion on March 30, 2014

Bill, if you'd like to read Roger's take on this subject, let's get him registered on the #DotNet!!!!!!!!!!!

Mark Niemann added to this discussion on April 2, 2014

Charles out at ASU.

Given the recent history of that program, with the dropping and then reinstating, gotta wonder what the future holds for the program.

Ben Golden added to this discussion on April 2, 2014

Well the release did say they were going to begin a national search immediately, and the fact that they fired an underperforming coach makes it seem like they care about improving. Who knows, though.

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on April 2, 2014

Charles resigned although I doubt willingly. Nikko Villareal is a stud and one of their commits. Their other stud recruit was recent--Hayden Lee. What happens to these guys?

Mark Niemann added to this discussion on April 8, 2014

Hearing rumblins about ASU. Could send major dominos falling.

Pat Costilow added to this discussion on April 8, 2014

I wonder if Zeke Jones (the rumor) would be willing to give up a successful run as the head freestyle coach to take on ASU. ASU has a lot of funding and is near California's fertile recruiting grounds.

Mark Niemann added to this discussion on April 8, 2014

If Jones goes to ASU, who runs OTC... Slay???

I received a text today asking if Sweet Lou would be enticed to go... If not for the fact that he is a #DotNet-er, I might have been tempted to hunt him down and make him take it back!

Pat Costilow added to this discussion on April 8, 2014

I would assume it would be Slay, he has been there a while and done a great job. If it would be anybody else, I would guess they would try to grab either a former head coach of one of the Olympic teams or the head of one of the RTC's.

Christian Pyles added to this discussion on April 9, 2014

If USAW isn't going with someone within their program, Rosselli almost has to be the first guy you call, right?

Patrick Campbell added to this discussion on April 9, 2014

Quote from Christian Pyles's post:

"If USAW isn't going with someone within their program, Rosselli almost has to be the first guy you call, right?"

That was my thought as well.

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next