Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Discussion Topic: Kyle Snyder Interview on InterMat
Jason Fair added to this discussion on April 2, 2014

http://intermatwrestle.com/articles/13126

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Michael Rodriguez added to this discussion on April 2, 2014

It's an excellent article. If I was an Ohio State fan I would be stoked about this kid coming to campus. He says all the right things to go along with impressive wrestling resume. I particularly like how he commented on all of his future teammates performances at Nationals. He knew everyone, was paying attention to their bouts and knew what they were capable of. Good stuff.

Pat Altvater added to this discussion on April 2, 2014

I loved this article from Kyle.

My favorite part was his response to 'Why is OSU the best fit for you!'

1) First of all, I love the coaches, Ryan, Rosselli, and Thatcher.
2) One of the biggest reasons was the Ohio RTC.
3) ORTC has 5 of 7 World Team Members right now.
4) At 285, he gets to work freestyle with the three heaviest weight classes at ORTC, which are all National Team Member right now (Gavin, Bergman, and Dlagnev).
5) Quote from Kyle: 'With the guys OSU has right now, I think we are going to win it (NCAA Team Championship) next year.'

I love this guy! - This response sounds like a recruiting video for OSU wrestling!

What more can a young stud be looking for, great OTC workout freestyle partners, great coaches, and the potential to be on a national championship team.

Tom and all of the coaches have done a great job in developing the program here in Columbus to new levels. - Time to prove it on the mat in the next year!!!

Freddy Carr added to this discussion on April 2, 2014

Very nice interview and yeah, as an OSU fan I'm stoked.

My biggest concern is the weight thing.

Is it really that easy for a guy that walks around at 220 to wrestle at 197? (honest question, being a little guy I really have no clue)

Bob Preusse added to this discussion on April 2, 2014

some ow.netters love it all- all the time- i don't but even i'm excited by at least 5 maybe 7 additions to next seasons team??

new additions next season that could allow ohio st to challenge for all the marbles-- Tomasello, Bo, Snyder, Micah, Hunter, and perhaps Haines too. U don't win 4 PA class AAA titles by accident.

And if Demas ready to go thats a big plus. Adds up to possibly 7 new contributors, wow.

SNYDER has to be special-- HAS TO BE --won Jr World freestyle at age 17 competing with guys up to and including 20 years old. This is no Cadet Word title like Retherford won, we are talking JUNIOR Worlds, competing against men. ...s/BobP

► Add to the Discussion