Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2

Discussion Topic: Guess Who's Going To State?
Doug Brandt added to this discussion on April 15, 2014

Hank, that is awesome. I love those kind of competitions for kids. The ability to write well is a skill that will be useful her entire life.

One of my nephews made States in the Geography Bee Competition a year ago. The competition was at Grandview High School- about two miles from where I live. I've never been so nervous- or enjoyed a competition as much as I did there last April.

By the way, I noticed that your daughter has a palindromic name, and I'm typing this on a palindromic date: 4/15/14. The palindromic dates run from 4/13/14 to 4/19/14.

For those who fear palindromes, they are suffering from aibohphobia. (Yeah, I love palindromes.)

Congratuations to your daughter, and good luck at States!

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Mark Niemann added to this discussion on April 15, 2014

Quote from Doug Brandt's post:

"Hank, that is awesome. I love those kind of competitions for kids. The ability to write well is a skill that will be useful her entire life.

One of my nephews made States in the Geography Bee Competition a year ago. The competition was at Grandview High School- about two miles from where I live. I've never been so nervous- or enjoyed a competition as much as I did there last April.

By the way, I noticed that your daughter has a palindromic name, and I'm typing this on a palindromic date: 4/15/14. The palindromic dates run from 4/13/14 to 4/19/14.

For those who fear palindromes, they are suffering from aibohphobia. (Yeah, I love palindromes.)

Congratuations to your daughter, and good luck at States!"

wow

Pat Costilow added to this discussion on April 16, 2014

Hank, another great academic competition for kids her age is National History Day. My grade school required it in middle school. Shaker High requires it for its AP History students. I loved it and learned a lot. If I recall correctly, your daughter goes to a private school, is Shaker in her future? You might run into History Day. I feel like we talked about this over some chicken wings and an oat soda a few years ago.

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on April 16, 2014

Quote from Pat Costilow's post:

"Hank, another great academic competition for kids her age is National History Day. My grade school required it in middle school. Shaker High requires it for its AP History students. I loved it and learned a lot. If I recall correctly, your daughter goes to a private school, is Shaker in her future? You might run into History Day. I feel like we talked about this over some chicken wings and an oat soda a few years ago."

My daughter attends Shaker Middle School. My children stopped going private once we moved to Shaker. It's been a while since we enjoyed some wings and beer. Need to make that happen again. Was Cosimi there?

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2