Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2

Discussion Topic: 2015 Ohio State Recruiting
Dan Ransick added to this discussion on April 14, 2014

I knew in terms of Ohio seniors next year it was way down compared to past years where there was at least some top heavy talent.

I could see a few being a walk-on type material but any elite level guys are coming out of state next year.

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Michael Rodriguez added to this discussion on April 14, 2014

Quote from Mark Niemann's post:

"The institution which lands Matthew Kolodzik will be a better institution the moment he steps on their campus. That kid is AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Assuming he wants to go Ivy like big bro, Cornell makes sense.

Jason Russell added to this discussion on April 19, 2014

tosu needs to get the Valencia brothers...bad!

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on April 19, 2014

Quote from Jason Russell's post:

"tosu needs to get the Valencia brothers...bad!"

The Valencia bros are spectacular. Just watched older bro win over I.Martinez on criteria. What a stud!

John Herren added to this discussion on April 30, 2014

I would like to see the Bucks get Cameron Kelly of Bellbrook. If he wins this year he will be a 2 time winner and 4 time finalist. He got 2nd as soph with a torn ACL. He could fit into 133.

He lost to Tutolo (Lake Catholic) who was ranked #10 in the nation at 126 this year in a match that was oddly officated IMO.

Matt Nutter added to this discussion on April 30, 2014

I like that Myles Martin referrence a lot. His athleticism is through the roof!Reminds me of a James Green type athlete with a bigger frame. He wrestles the toughest competition in the country throughout the year too which I like to see for a B1G recruit. What about a Jose Rodrigues from Mass. Perry for an in state option. Looks to project to be a 133.

Bob Preusse added to this discussion on April 30, 2014

certainly Ohio guys Jose Rod and Cameron Kelly could be on ohio states list, after all the buckeyes showed alot of willingness last year to sign a handful of good ohio kids.

however thinking really BIG fish, heres an update:

...170 Myles Martin from Md. probably to OTC for his sr year. ohio st likes him alot, he likes them too.

... for 141 Kolodzik probably out, word is he favors Lehigh, University of Pennsylvania, Harvard, Columbia, and Stanford.

...ohio st likes Fredie Stroker from iowa AND he likes them but alot of questions: he maybe too big for 141? has ohio st EVER got anyone from iowa? and he may go to OTC his sr year.

...at 133 ohio st (& everyone else) likes Piccininni from NY.

...Valencia bros may not be in play still, wts may not fit ohio st needs. And i hear Valencia's leaning to Stanford, Cornell, Arizona State, Penn State, and Illinois.

Matt Nutter added to this discussion on April 30, 2014

I would have to imagine with Zeke going to ASU we will see a lot more Cali kids go that direction. I would also be willing to bet he creates a solid Regional Training Center there which will attract some of the kids going to the OTC to finish out high school. The ORTC is such a big recruiting tool, I hope the ORTC continues to have success and continues to help recruiting the likes of Kyle Snyder etc. We certainly don't have the weather going in our favor compared to some of these schools out West!!

Bob Preusse added to this discussion on June 28, 2014

Kolodzik out of the running for ohio st.

KeShawn Hayes from Missouri, 120, not out of the running, very much IN the running-- but he just lost at Jr Free Duals in Oklahoma City to Tommy Thorne from Minnesota.

July 1 it all begins, first day of in-home visits for next years seniors.

Nicholas Sestito added to this discussion on June 28, 2014

No word on Piccininni or Martin?

Bob Preusse added to this discussion on June 28, 2014

Quote from Nicholas Sestito's post:

"No word on Piccininni or Martin?"

plenty of word, ohio st will be in-home visiting them either on July 1 or 2, along with Hayes and a couple others.

Dan Ransick added to this discussion on July 27, 2014

I would love to see the Buckeyes get Martin. Especially after what he did out in Fargo. I don't know where the Buckeyes stand on his list but he would be a great fit in at 184.

If they could get Martin and Stroker plus some of the upper level Ohio kids this year the class would be able to provide the depth plus the blue chippers they need.

Bob Preusse added to this discussion on July 27, 2014

right now i think the top ohio st "wants" might be: Myles Martin (184)--- Piccinnini (133) or Assad (133)-- KeShawn Hayes (141) or Kolodzik (141) apparently still in play too despite my earlier thought

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2