Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Discussion Topic: Meder Could Play In NFL
Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on May 4, 2014

Several years ago, Valley Forge high school had a 285 come out of nowhere to win some major event (Brecksville?). Then he sort of disappeared. Well, here he is. Jerry des Forges can probably provide details.

http://www.cleveland.com/osu/index.ssf/2014/05/an_underdog_and_dancing_bear_m.html#incart_river_default

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Bob Preusse added to this discussion on May 4, 2014

Meder was a good wrestler which adds to his skillset. He lost 3-1 SV to a top hs hvwt at the time Garrett Goebell of Montini Illinois in the 2007 Ironman finals. Guys like this make NFL teams all the time, best of luck.

Pat Costilow added to this discussion on May 4, 2014

Meder has pulled big time accolades his whole college career, so we have seen this coming. Best of luck to him.

Jim Behrens added to this discussion on May 4, 2014

I had his finals match at Mentor his senior year and all I remember is that he was HUGE up close.

Pat Costilow added to this discussion on May 5, 2014

I saw him a couple of times that year and yeah, he was huge and lean/mature for a high schooler. And he could move. It doesn't surprise me that he is getting NFL looks; he had the body and athleticism.

Jerry Des Forges added to this discussion on May 6, 2014

Great young man. I coached James from 8th grade through summer of his junior year. I did not get the teaching position in the district and had to leave (hardest decision I have made in my coaching career)- which I feel to this day cost him a state title. I actually got to speak on his behalf today in front of the Valley Forge football team. He was happy Jeremy Johnson had such a good college career- makes the loss more bearable for him.

I had the opportunity to watch him grow as an athlete and young man. He stayed at Ashland even though he probably could have transferred to a larger university to be near his long time girlfriend that battled cancer. He also stayed because this was the one school that took a chance with him despite his previous academic struggles. He is graduating this Saturday with a degree from Ashland. I think the effort and way he has carried himself the past 5 years says a lot about him, if an NFL career does not work out- he has his degree now and a solid group of people around him.

The match vs. Goebel was a great match. He was a low seed coming into the tournament (was SQ as Sophomore with 16-9 record). During the rest of his junior year he dominated just about everyone until he got high ankle sprain in sectional finals. He placed sixth. His senior year lacked in quality work out partners and I think led to him gassing out in finals vs. Johnson.

John Ice added to this discussion on May 7, 2014

http://fox8.com/2014/05/06/student-gives-up-shot-at-nfl-to-nurse-girlfriend-with-cancer/

Jerry Des Forges added to this discussion on May 10, 2014

Meder going to Baltimore

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on May 11, 2014

Quote from Jerry Des Forges's post:

"Meder going to Baltimore"

+1

► Add to the Discussion