Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Discussion Topic: Tosu @ World Team Trials Camp
Jamie Teel added to this discussion on June 28, 2014

It was excellent to see several Buckeyes at the camp. One thing totally caught my eye and I feel inclined to share. I have never been a very big fan of the Brands' brothers. I don't know if it is their over the top intensity or the Iowa thing or the perceived "push the rules to the limit" that has always rubbed me wrong. This is why it caught my eye watching Tom Brands working with Nate Tommasello at the camp. Doesn't he know Nate is the sworn enemy? Obviously he does!
This is just another example of what makes wrestling so great. It is such a close knit group of athletes. No matter how competitive they are at the end of the day there is so much respect because they all know how hard they work. I'm certain Brands is aware a Thom/Gillman result could ultimately decide some significant events in the near future. However, on this day at Arizona St. Coach Brands was simply teaching wrestling to a young man who is striving to improve. I just thought it was a pretty cool moment.

Last edited by Jamie Teel on June 28, 2014; edited 1 time in total

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Jamie Teel added to this discussion on June 28, 2014

On another note...it was nice to see BOJO and Snyder there as well. Obviously, Snyder's accomplishments speak for themselves, but I'm very excited with the leadership he has shown. In every video I've seen from the Junior teams travel he is very much the ring leader and seems to be the one guy still working when practice is over. Those are intangibles that are often overlooked in my opinion. That work ethic itself could be a small deciding factor in recruitment wars, especially when the younger guys see it firsthand.

Jack Muni added to this discussion on June 28, 2014

And Logan just did some camps out in Iowa, and probably got a few haters to think a little differently about tOSU program, I hope.

► Add to the Discussion