Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Discussion Topic: Less than 4 months till the season to remember starts! Predictions?
Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on August 8, 2014

Quote from Brian Nicola's post:

"I think you'll like what Tavenello brings to the table this year. I would be stunned if he wasn't the starter at 285."

Haines has the size (and pedigree) that the Bucks have long coveted in a 285 prospect. But Tav brings a huge heart and a history of winning. Tav reminded me last season of Kirk Nail in how he used what he had to go on a nice run at NCAA's. Haines will have to improve and show he has the fortitude for NCAA D1 comp at the highest level. Right now, I'm with Brian.

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Discussion Topic: Less than 4 months till the season to remember starts! Predictions?
Patrick Campbell added to this discussion on August 8, 2014

I don't think it's a issue of being "high on Tav", it's an issue of being a realist. It's not a put down to Haines. Haines is a huge ball of potential, but he's not Adam Coon. And Tav is a legit D1 AA contender. Most of us would be shocked if Haines is good enough to displace Tav as a true freshman. Hey, if Haines is a freshman title contender I'm all for him being in the line-up. Not likely that will be the case.

Kevin Mount added to this discussion on August 8, 2014

I expect Tavanello to start and do well this year.

But, mark me down as one of the people that would not be shocked if Haines ended up being the best heavyweight on the Buckeyes this year.

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4