Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Discussion Topic: University of Akron Club Wrestling
Jeff Streu added to this discussion on August 19, 2014

I am excited to announce that the University of Akron will have their first season as an NCWA (National Collegiate Wrestling Association) club team this year. After many years of not having a wrestling team on campus, students wishing to attend college locally will have the opportunity to wrestle at the collegiate level. We will welcome wrestlers of all experience levels, but for those looking to compete, the team will wrestle in the Great Lakes Conference, with the chance to qualify for the NCWA National Tournament in Allen, TX.

Any enrolled students that are interested should contact myself, Coach Jeff Streu, at jas125133@gmail.com, or Captain Frank Shaffer at fjs18@zips.uakron.edu.

As an undergrad at Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute in Troy, NY, I competed in the NCWA and qualified for the national tournament in 2009 and 2010. I know first-hand how this league works, and I personally know the NCWA Director and several coaches, so I will bring this experience to the table to make Akron's team successful. But most of all, I want to give the students the same opportunity that I had in college. In my opinion, there was absolutely no reason why the University of Akron shouldn't have had a wrestling team.

Any coaches or parents who have wrestlers that would like to attend Akron upon graduating high school, please keep us in mind as they select their college.

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Discussion Topic: University of Akron Club Wrestling
Rick Wasmer added to this discussion on August 20, 2014

This is great!

Add to the discussion and quote this      

► Add to the Discussion