Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2

Discussion Topic: World Championships - 2015
Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on September 12, 2014

Very nice news Mike. Thanks for the updates. I feel better about Greco with Matt Lindland in charge.

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Mike Hojnacki added to this discussion on September 12, 2014

Bisek wins bronze with a tech. Is this our first greco medal since... 2009?

Mark Niemann added to this discussion on September 12, 2014

Has it been THAT long!?!?!?!

Dan Ransick added to this discussion on September 12, 2014

I'd like to think Linland coming in had something to do with it. Nice to see a medal in Greco. Looks like the women are having a great tournament this year.

Mike Taylor added to this discussion on September 12, 2014

The interesting part about our women's team is they could have brought home 2 more bronze medals w/ just a little bit of luck. I forget the girls name who wrestled on the 1st day but I believe she lost her bronze medal match in the last few seconds. Alli Regan lost a heart breaker by criteria in a match where a fall could have rightfully been called at the end of the match. Nonetheless, they performed admirably and are right on the verge of making the podium. Our women's team really is impressive right now (finished 3rd in the final standings)

Mike Hojnacki added to this discussion on September 12, 2014

Bisek is a guy that everybody has been sleeping on. He travels OVERSEAS to compete frequently while still being a father and a husband. He even works a second job to make ends meet. He was our highest ranked greco guy going into this tournament and he earned it. I'm sure Lindland had something to do with his preparation, but the reality is that he has been paying dues for a long time and finally broke through.

I think Harry and Robbie will both wrestle for medals. i want to say Mango too, but his bracket turned absolutely brutal when they combined 55kg and 60kg.

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on September 13, 2014

Mike: Hope you're right about Harry and Robbie. Harry has had a lot of hard luck with his size relevant to his weight class.

Mango dominates in the USA but has been unable to break through at Int'l level. He seems a bit small. He's certainly paid dues and I wish him well.

Thanks for the background on Bisek. These guys give so much of themselves to train in obscurity and deserve a few accolades.

Mike Hojnacki added to this discussion on September 14, 2014

Caylor Williams finishes 0-1.

Harry lost a wild one in the rd. of 16 and finished 1-1 when the AZE wrestler lost in the quarters. Really bummed for him as he was scoring a lots of points so far.

BUT, Mango navigating a very tough 59kg bracket and got a tech to reach the semis. He will wrestle for a medal!

Here is Harry's 1st round match... http://www.flowrestling.org/coverage/251791-2014-World-Championships/video/751228-71kg-Round-1-Justin-Lester-USA-vs-Mindia-Tursumia-GEO#.VBVrrjnrjlc

And rd. 2. This was crazy... http://www.flowrestling.org/coverage/251791-2014-World-Championships/video/751222-71kg-Round-2-Justin-Lester-USA-vs-Rasul-Chunayev-AZE

Ahhhh... Mango drops the bronze bout 1-0. So frustrating.

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2