Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Discussion Topic: Kyle Snyder?
Brian Morrow added to this discussion on October 2, 2014

He is not even ranked according to flow! Did I miss something? Why would he not even be ranked?

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Mark Niemann added to this discussion on October 2, 2014

Because he hasn't wrestled a college match??? (He he he...)

Actually, that's partly true. Since they are rankings, they are based on previous results. Flo pulls them results from college matches. No true freshmen are ranked.

However, C-Py mentioned in the "Preachin'" sessions that he'll be ranked soon enough.

http://www.flowrestling.org/coverage/251632-Preachin-With-C.P./video/751621-Preachin-Breaking-News-and-197-Rankings-Talk#.VC3zvGd0zIU

7 minute mark.

Mark Niemann added to this discussion on October 2, 2014

Did DECEMBER 14th, 2014 just get more interesting???

Brian Morrow added to this discussion on October 2, 2014

Yea I don't think it will take long. Bo Jordan ranked 17th? I think tOSU is not getting much respect. Well guess rankings are earned on the match.

Ethan Moore added to this discussion on October 2, 2014

Flo's rankings completed by Christian Pyle, a OWN poster. Dude knows his stuff and addressed both Jordan and Snyder with full transparency in his "preaching" segment.

Great stuff to watch on Flo, should be consumed by wrestling fans eager for the season.

Don Bork added to this discussion on October 3, 2014

If you listen to Pyles preachin segment for 165 he says that Bo will be there and could win it, but will have to work his way up the chart. I don't expect that to take too long.

Pat Altvater added to this discussion on October 3, 2014

Quote from Brian Morrow's post:

"Yea I don't think it will take long. Bo Jordan ranked 17th? I think tOSU is not getting much respect. Well guess rankings are earned on the match."

The Cliff Keen Las Vegas Tournament is scheduled for December 5th and 6th.

By my estimation, 11 of the top ranked 13 wrestlers in Division 1 at 165 (by WIN's Pre-season rankings) will be present at that meet. If Bo is healthy, we will know by the end of the tournament how he stacks up to the national competition.

Also at that meet, Kyle Snyder will be one of 11 of the top 16 ranked wrestlers at 189, (by WIN). And, at 125, Nathan Tomasello will be one of 16 of the top 20 wrestlers nationally (by WIN).

The reason it doesn't seem like OSU has the respect is because these rating services do not recognize this young talent until they have a sound record on the national NCAA competitive scene (No recognition for True Freshman and very skeptical about Red-shirt freshmen). The CKLV is a 'diving board' to gain that national respectability. - Hopefully they will all 'EARN' the national recognition at that tournament.

GO BUCKS!!!

Pat Costilow added to this discussion on October 4, 2014

1) Let's go easy on C.P.. He had all of the Buckeyes' wrestlers from 125-157 in the top 8.

2) I fully support Pat Altaver's decision to use whatever weight classes he wants. #155 #189

Alex Creech added to this discussion on October 4, 2014

Quote from Pat Costilow's post:

"

2) I fully support Pat Altaver's decision to use whatever weight classes he wants. #155 #189"

hahaha, that cracks me up. I love reading pat a's posts, but he does throw out some different weight classes. It's funny.

Pat Altvater added to this discussion on October 4, 2014

Quote from Alex Creech's post:

"

"

2) I fully support Pat Altaver's decision to use whatever weight classes he wants. #155 #189"

hahaha, that cracks me up. I love reading pat a's posts, but he does throw out some different weight classes. It's funny."

My reference to weight classes go back to high school wrestling back in 1976. I don't know if they still do it, but the weight classes all changed about 3 pounds from the beginning of the season to the end of the season. For example, it was 155 in October at the beginning of the season, and by March it was 157. - So if I am within 3 poinds of a weight class, up or down, that's what I was aiming for!!

Roe Fox added to this discussion on October 5, 2014

Quote from Pat Altvater's post:

"

Quote from Alex Creech's post:

"

"

hahaha, that cracks me up. I love reading pat a's posts, but he does throw out some different weight classes. It's funny."

My reference to weight classes go back to high school wrestling back in 1976. I don't know if they still do it, but the weight classes all changed about 3 pounds from the beginning of the season to the end of the season. For example, it was 155 in October at the beginning of the season, and by March it was 157. - So if I am within 3 poinds of a weight class, up or down, that's what I was aiming for!!"

Actually wasn't it up to 159? 2 pounds after Christmas, I after January and February?

Justin Hayes added to this discussion on October 6, 2014

Quote from Pat Altvater's post:

"

Quote from Brian Morrow's post:

"Yea I don't think it will take long. Bo Jordan ranked 17th? I think tOSU is not getting much respect. Well guess rankings are earned on the match."

The Cliff Keen Las Vegas Tournament is scheduled for December 5th and 6th.

By my estimation, 11 of the top ranked 13 wrestlers in Division 1 at 165 (by WIN's Pre-season rankings) will be present at that meet. If Bo is healthy, we will know by the end of the tournament how he stacks up to the national competition.

Also at that meet, Kyle Snyder will be one of 11 of the top 16 ranked wrestlers at 189, (by WIN). And, at 125, Nathan Tomasello will be one of 16 of the top 20 wrestlers nationally (by WIN).

The reason it doesn't seem like OSU has the respect is because these rating services do not recognize this young talent until they have a sound record on the national NCAA competitive scene (No recognition for True Freshman and very skeptical about Red-shirt freshmen). The CKLV is a 'diving board' to gain that national respectability. - Hopefully they will all 'EARN' the national recognition at that tournament.

GO BUCKS!!!"

Good info, I look forward to this one.

► Add to the Discussion