Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Page 1, 2, 3  Next

Discussion Topic: Mark Hall v Bo Jordan
Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on October 20, 2014

Is it silly for me to think this would be a great matchup?

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Mark Niemann added to this discussion on October 20, 2014

Yes. Mark Hall via first period fall.

Chris Thomas added to this discussion on October 20, 2014

Quote from Hank Kornblut's post:

"Is it silly for me to think this would be a great matchup?"

yes indeed!

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on October 24, 2014

Quote from Chris Thomas's post:

"

Quote from Hank Kornblut's post:

"Is it silly for me to think this would be a great matchup?"

yes indeed!"

Yes indeed, it's silly? Or yes indeed it would be a great matchup?

Brady Hiatt added to this discussion on October 24, 2014

It would be a competitive match.

Michael Rodriguez added to this discussion on October 24, 2014

Mark Hall is spectacular. Any school, including Ohio State would be foolish not to pursue him. It's truly amazing how good these kids are getting at such young ages. Guys like Stieber, Snyder, Pico and Hall are coming out of high school every year now. Next in line, Spencer Lee.

As far as Hall and Jordan, I have no idea. I haven't seen enough of Bo Jordan to really know where he is. I still have his bout from this summer against Ian Miller in my head. I'm sure that was not an accurate barometer of his skills.

Patrick Campbell added to this discussion on October 24, 2014

Quote from Michael Rodriguez's post:

"I still have his bout from this summer against Ian Miller in my head. I'm sure that was not an accurate barometer of his skills."

It happened and it should cause pause to question....mostly for Bo Jordan. It was our 1st chance to see him against a true collegiate national contender and it went poorly. A valid point!

Jim Kessen added to this discussion on October 24, 2014

Quote from Patrick Campbell's post:

"

Quote from Michael Rodriguez's post:

"I still have his bout from this summer against Ian Miller in my head. I'm sure that was not an accurate barometer of his skills."

It happened and it should cause pause to question....mostly for Bo Jordan. It was our 1st chance to see him against a true collegiate national contender and it went poorly. A valid point!"

It was freestyle guys. Did you watch the match? If it was folkstyle Bo still would have lost but it would have been closer.

Hall vs. Bo reminds me of people talking about the best college team vs, the worst NFL team.

I watched the match. I'm fully aware it was freestyle. I'm fully aware of and have experienced the differences. And I've even won matches in FS that I did not win in folkstyle. It should still raise some level of concern. No one said he should quit wrestling ;-)

I totally get that it was freestyle, but those takedowns were clean. Obviously folk is Bo Jordan's forte, but still with what is being expected of him, to take a loss like that to the 4th-place finisher a weight down is a little surprising...not so much to me, but I assume to many who've said he might have made the finals last season. It's worth mentioning that Ian Miller was on an incredible run that ended with his complete domination of Tyler Caldwell in the final.

Now, one could argue that Jordan did better against Miller than Caldwell did. He certainly lasted longer (even though Caldwell had two matches). Here's a question...How good is Ian Miller? Does anyone think Ness or even Green could've done that to Caldwell? Has he made one of those jumps wrestlers sometimes do or was it a freestyle thing or maybe just a hot weekend?

Mark Niemann added to this discussion on October 24, 2014

Michael: you asked the right question with "How good is Ian Miller?" I thought he defended Ness high, and Ness went low and got the takedown. That was the difference in that match.

My issue with the Miller/BoJo freestyle match was the fact that BoJo did not touch Miller's leg. Not once. That'll have to change if BoJo is to make a run at a national title. #JustSaying

I agree, the concern is with Bo's lack of offense against Ian. And to Michael's point, it will be interesting to see how Miller's season plays out. Though I certainly took that tournament to be Ian's way of saying, "It won't be over for me when I graduate from KSU!" I like how Ian's style translates to FS and look forward to seeing him continue to compete at the next level.

Maybe the upcoming All Star rematch with Green will help answer the "how good is Ian Miller" question? Do Dotnetters think Green proves that last year's cons-finals was no fluke, or are the Ohio faithful backing their guy?

I consider myself pretty unbiased...and I honestly have no idea. At the end of last year, obviously I would've said Green, but with the summer Miller had, who knows?

Ethan Moore added to this discussion on October 24, 2014

What I believe re: Miller: His ceiling is higher than anyone else's at 157, even Green's who is excellent.

Coach Andrassy mentioned in the interview they didn't prepare him correctly for that match against Ness. I felt Ian was in control for the first two periods, so this seems to be sound logic.

Jim Kessen added to this discussion on October 24, 2014

Quote from Patrick Campbell's post:

"I watched the match. I'm fully aware it was freestyle. I'm fully aware of and have experienced the differences. And I've even won matches in FS that I did not win in folkstyle. It should still raise some level of concern. No one said he should quit wrestling ;-)"

Patrick are you sure you are aware it was Freestyle?

► Add to the Discussion

Page 1, 2, 3  Next