Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 12, 13, 14  Next

Discussion Topic: Vegas!
Jack Muni added to this discussion on November 17, 2014

Va. & Va. Tech have nice teams and we sure could use Hunter & Bo in those upcoming duals. But with the bigger picture in mind, I don't want them out on the mats until they are 100% (or close to that).

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Jim Kessen added to this discussion on November 17, 2014

I agree but damn it would be nice to see Bo vs. sulzer and Hunter against Carter

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on November 18, 2014

Carter is dropping back down to 141. It's Logan or bust for him.

Brandon Sommers added to this discussion on November 18, 2014

Quote from Hank Kornblut's post:

"Carter is dropping back down to 141. It's Logan or bust for him."

Word on the street was that Carter would not be eligible for 141 by the date of the match.

Mark Niemann added to this discussion on November 18, 2014

Quote from Hank Kornblut's post:

"Carter is dropping back down to 141. It's Logan or bust for him."

When will this happen? It is my understanding that they can only cut so much per week.

A few things with this move. I think 141, 149, 157 is a stronger line-up if it's Carter, Mastriani, Brascetta than if it is Chishko (or any other of their 141 pounders), Caster, and Mastriani.

It would be nice if Carter and Mastriani were on the same drop schedule, and both coincided with the return of Brascetta. And it would be really nice (for the Hokies) if that happened before next week!

Is this dual taking place in the Arts hall? Has anyone seen that set-up???

Bruce Andrews added to this discussion on November 18, 2014

I noticed the Virginia Tech dual will be shown on ESPN3 (which unfortunately I do not have access to) but it appeared that virtually anyone who has a "cable" TV provider will be able to watch it. It doesn't appear that it will be shown on the big Ten network.

Jason L. Jackson added to this discussion on November 18, 2014

The website http://www.landgrantholyland.com/ stated in an article recapping the past weekend's duals that they would be broadcasting the Virginia dual. I assume free of charge.

Jim Kessen added to this discussion on December 1, 2014

Air Force
American University
Army
Arizona State University
Boise State University
Brown University
Bucknell
Cal Poly
Cal State Bakersfield
California Baptist University
Citadel
Colorado State University Pueblo
Columbia
Cornell University #4
Grand Canyon University
Harvard University
Hofstra
Indiana
Iowa State
University of Michigan
Minnesota #1
Navy
NC State
Nebraska
Nebraska-Kearney
Northern Colorado
Northern Iowa #25
North Dakota State
North Idaho College
Ohio State University #3
Oklahoma
Oregon State
Purdue
Rutgers University #20
San Francisco State University
Utah Valley University
Virginia #17
Virginia Tech #10
Western State Colorado University
West Virginia
Western Wyoming
Wyoming

125 #2 Garrett #5 Dance #6 Peters #7 Martinez #8 Teraro #9 Tomosello #10 Cox #12 Rodriquez #13 Lambert #15 Petrov #18 Brancale #19 Moisey

133 #Dardanes #3 Brewer #8 Johnni #9 Bruno #10 DiCamillo #14 Hall #17 Norstrem

141 #1 Logan #3 Dardanes #4 Dutton #9 Grey #10 Preston #11 Spisak #14 Abidin #16 Ashnault #17 Hudson #20 Bengston

149 #2 Carter #7 Villanlonga #10 Sako #15 Ruggirello #18 Theobold

157 #1 Ness #2 Green #4 Realbuto #5 Perrotti #7 Demas #11 Murphy #DeAngelis #14 Schieidel #20 Staudenmayer

165 #2 Sulzer # 3 Moreno #4 Palacio #7 Walsh #11 Massa #12 Moore #15 Wanzek #16 Stafford #17 Wilson #19 Friesth

174 #1 Storley #2 Kokesh #6 Weatherman #8 Hammond #10 Butler #11 Epperly #12 Martin #14 Julson #18 Mahomes #20 Jackson

184 #1 Dean #6 Courts #7 Stauffer #8 Meeks #11 Abounader #12 Bertnstien #14 Zillmer #15 Pfarr #16 Stroh #17 Dudley #18 Weatherman

197 #1 Schiller #3 Gadson #7 Snyder #8 Atwood #13 Huntley #15 Bennett #16 Nye #17 Woods #20 Sheridan

285. #4 Coon #8 Smith #9 Walz #10 Knuston #11 Tavanello #13 Fager #14 Jensen #15 Cabell #20 Stofli

Mark Niemann added to this discussion on December 1, 2014

That is one heck of a field for a December tournament.

Doug Brandt added to this discussion on December 1, 2014

http://www.cklvwrestle.com/

Friday, Dec 5 thru Saturday, Dec 6, 2014.

Jason L. Jackson added to this discussion on December 1, 2014

125 - If the seedings match the rankings, and Tomasello is the 6 seed, I could see a finals appearance. He would draw Peters in the quarters and a rematch with Dance in the semis. I would like this draw and hopefully a matchup with Garrett. The more experience the better.

133 - I could see Johnni D being bumped a spot based on winning this tourney last year, but, either way, I like him as the 2 or 3 seed here. He has wins over Brewer in the past, as well as Hall. On a good day he is a finalist. On a bad day he could be as low as 7th.

141 - Bonus points in every match.

149 - Languis will be a guy who will place at this tourney and could upset a guy or two that is seeded. His draw will be important for team placement purposes.

157 - Demas, ranked 7th in the country, could be the 5th seed in Vegas. Wow. I could see him making the semis, as I think a win over Perotti is doable, and, quite frankly, I expect him to win that match. I would rather face Ness than Green, but I think Demas’ ceiling is 3rd here.

165 - Any points from Kresevic will be a plus in the team standings.

174 - Martin NEEDS a good weekend. He’s looking at being seeded in the 7-9 range. He has to make the quarters, have a good couple of rounds in the consis, and place. Anything less will just add to the questions for this season.

184 - Courts should be the 2 seed with a head to head over Stauffer already. Zillmer or Pfarr in the quarters will not be easy, and a rematch with Stauffer or AA Bernstein awaits in the semis. A finals appearance from Courts would be awesome, and would cement his probable AA status.

197 - Snyder should be seeded 3rd or 4th, as he does have the win over Huntley. I think he’s in the semis fairly easily, which puts him against Schiller or Gadsen. Winning this tourney makes him a finals favorite. Anything less than 3rd is a bit of a disappointment.

285 - Tav is looking at a 4/5 seed, but I believe Jensen owns a head to head, so who knows. He, like Martin, needs a good tourney to re-establish Ohio State as a national title contender. He had Walz beat, so I think he can do it.

Overall, I think the Bucks, even without Hunter and BoJo, finish top 3. I think they get at least 3 in the finals with at least 7 placers, and possibly 9. Can’t wait to see how they do.

Alex Creech added to this discussion on December 1, 2014

I hope to see all the healthy buckeye wrestlers there, but I'm fully supportive if any decide they are mentally\emotionally not ready.

Mike Stann added to this discussion on December 2, 2014

Quote from Alex Creech's post:

"I hope to see all the healthy buckeye wrestlers there, but I'm fully supportive if any decide they are mentally\emotionally not ready."

I couldn't agree more. There is no telling how this week is going to affect these young men. Especially Josh (I believe he was Kosta's roommate). It's times like now that one realizes that there is more to life than winning championships. Might be the biggest lesson some of these young men learn in their college careers. My thoughts and prayers are with them all.

Mark Niemann added to this discussion on December 2, 2014

"I hope to see all the healthy buckeye wrestlers there, but I'm fully supportive if any decide they are mentally\emotionally not ready."

One the hand, they could try to use this tragedy as a source of motivation. Unfortunately, on the other hand, sometimes we are effected more than we care to admit or even realize.

Alex Creech added to this discussion on December 2, 2014

Quote from Mark Niemann's post:

"

One the hand, they could try to use this tragedy as a source of motivation. Unfortunately, on the other hand, sometimes we are effected more than we care to admit or even realize."

I agree, some or all may do this. If they do, each will handle it differently. My concern would be having the extra pressure of now wanting to succeed for someone else. If you fail to meet the expectations you've set for yourself, you may now have the adding feeling of letting someone else down. It really depends on the individual.

No question, regardless of how each individual handles it, it's going to be tough.

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 12, 13, 14  Next