Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Discussion Topic: Prospective
Chris Thomas added to this discussion on November 3, 2014

The Buckeyes starters had a relatively successful opening weekend at the MSU Open. The only concern is the health of Martin and the head scratcher by Tavanello . Nate had a dominate performance at 125 over Micic who was the number one hs 125 pounder last year. At 157 Demas experience helped him to beat 2 NQ this past weekend after missing the whole season last year due to injury. Jordan showed the ability to be very dominate from the top position. He beat Massa who has beaten All-Americans in his career 4-1. Mark Martin beat Sebastian in the semi's before injury. The biggest stride was made by Snyder who beat Wellington after being down early. This is the same Wellington who beat Cox last year. Overall the Bucks looked solid and it should be an interesting season.

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Discussion Topic: Prospective
Don Bork added to this discussion on November 3, 2014

Hopefully Martin is OK. Had he faced Walters, We'd have a better grasp of where he is at this point. Im also not as concerned for Tavenello as he came back strong with four strong wins. I think he showed us he is a scrapper and will learn from his loss. I've never questioned Tavs heart and desire. My biggest concern going forward is one we did not see. I'd like to know if his fitness has improved markedly as Coach Ryan suggested. Does he have the fire in his belly and the fitness to compete hard for 7 minutes against high level competitors in order to reach AA status. Six starters at the open with five in the finals. Not a bad start to the season.

Add to the discussion and quote this      

► Add to the Discussion