Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Discussion Topic: Flow rankings comments.
Jeremy Park added to this discussion on November 4, 2014

In the comments of the 141lb rankings a poster says that PSU announced Retherford was redshirting. Don't know if this is legit or had been posted before but was news to me.

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Patrick Campbell added to this discussion on November 4, 2014

Right on PSU's website, Sanderson is quoted as saying Megaludis and Retherford both are redshirting.

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on November 4, 2014

Quote from Patrick Campbell's post:

"Right on PSU's website, Sanderson is quoted as saying Megaludis and Retherford both are redshirting."

Cael is a great strategist. While PSU has the firepower to be in the mix for a title, he's going to stash away his talent to get ready for another huge run. However, this will benefit Ohio State as it makes Logan's path more clear (it's Port and no one else right now) and move NaTo up a notch.

Patrick Campbell added to this discussion on November 5, 2014

Great move for Retherford. I'm a Megaludis fan, but this is not as great of a move for him. NaTo will only get better, and he has the physicality to stand toe to toe with Megs now. 125 is going to be stacked for a while
I wonder if Megaludis is going to transition to 133?

Quote from Hank Kornblut's post:

"

"Right on PSU's website, Sanderson is quoted as saying Megaludis and Retherford both are redshirting."

Cael is a great strategist. While PSU has the firepower to be in the mix for a title, he's going to stash away his talent to get ready for another huge run. However, this will benefit Ohio State as it makes Logan's path more clear (it's Port and no one else right now) and move NaTo up a notch."

J.P. Barner added to this discussion on November 5, 2014

"Great move for Retherford. I'm a Megaludis fan, but this is not as great of a move for him. NaTo will only get better, and he has the physicality to stand toe to toe with Megs now. 125 is going to be stacked for a while
I wonder if Megaludis is going to transition to 133?

Quote from Hank Kornblut's post:

"

Cael is a great strategist. While PSU has the firepower to be in the mix for a title, he's going to stash away his talent to get ready for another huge run. However, this will benefit Ohio State as it makes Logan's path more clear (it's Port and no one else right now) and move NaTo up a notch."

"

That means Gulibon would have to move to 41 and he wasn't strong enough for 33 last year.

Patrick Campbell added to this discussion on November 5, 2014

I understand. I'm wondering if Gulibon is going down or if they have another thought for 125? I figured Gulibon would be a 125, but cannot beat Megaludis. Wasn't he at 112 as a senior in HS? Well anyway, it will be interesting to see what they do in the future. The B1G is so stacked with talent!

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on November 5, 2014

PSU's 125 is Jordan Conaway. Conaway was a round of 12 as a true frosh and beat Tyler Graff in a dual. Very tough kid.

► Add to the Discussion