Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Page 1, 2  Next

Discussion Topic: Josh Demas
Pat Altvater added to this discussion on November 13, 2014

The OSU wrestling site has an excellent article on Josh and his journey at OSU. It explains his battle with injury and rehab, and how that loss of time and efficiency has fueled his desire to succeed in his senior year.

http://www.ohiostatebuckeyes.com/sports/m-wrestl/spec-rel/111014aab.html

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Alex Creech added to this discussion on November 13, 2014

there's also a Q&A article with Kenny Courts. I found it really funny the answer to the question "Who tweets too much on the team?"

http://www.ohiostatebuckeyes.com/sports/m-wrestl/spec-rel/111214aad.html

Patrick Campbell added to this discussion on November 13, 2014

I would like to see Josh make a statement that he is a title contender against a guy that most certainly is a title contender. We'll see. I suspect Josh is still in that tier just behind the title contenders in this class. That and it's tough to want to pick a winner here. It's a match where I'm rooting for both guys. Gut feeling (based on nothing but my gut)....Miller 10-4.

Mark Niemann added to this discussion on November 13, 2014

There just HAS to be a joke here concerning your gut. I'm just not sharp enough toknow what that joke is.

Not really a joke. Just that I like to make predictions on performance evidence, but we have not seen a body of work from Josh in over a year. So, I can only go with a gut feeling with minimal observational input in recent months. We don't know how much Josh has improved. Who he was 2 season ago is not good enough to beat whom Miller is now. That is all. Carry on :-)

Tommy Ellis added to this discussion on November 13, 2014

I would be shocked if that was the score..Im picking josh in an upset 6-5 ot.. And also looking forward to Marsh and Courts ..

Like I said, "We'll see..." I don't think Josh is prepared this early in his return to competition to push Ian Miller that hard. If it were February, I would be more willing to agree. That being said, in the hopes of a Buckeyes National Team Title, nothing would please me more than for Josh to make a statement tonight that his is fully in the mix for an individual title.

Chris Thomas added to this discussion on November 13, 2014

Quote from Patrick Campbell's post:

"Like I said, "We'll see..." I don't think Josh is prepared this early in his return to competition to push Ian Miller that hard. If it were February, I would be more willing to agree. That being said, in the hopes of a Buckeyes National Team Title, nothing would please me more than for Josh to make a statement tonight that his is fully in the mix for an individual title."

Patrick, I agree with your gut. It's kind of difficult to grasp Demas potenial performance tonight when he hasn't been healthy in almost two years. We all see Ian Miller's capabilities via pinning Caldwell twice over the summer. I don't think it will be close, however I could be wrong.

Quote from Chris Thomas's post:

"

Patrick, I agree with your gut. It's kind of difficult to grasp Demas potenial performance tonight when he hasn't been healthy in almost two years. We all see Ian Miller's capabilities via pinning Caldwell twice over the summer. I don't think it will be close, however I could be wrong."

1 hour 15 minutes and we get to enjoy it play out. Wish I could go down tonight. Just saw the arena picture on FB. Such a visceral scene. Makes me want to hit the mat :-) Greatest sport EVER!

Mike Taylor added to this discussion on November 13, 2014

Not getting to watch Josh at the MSU open, I'm not sure how he looks as compared to the Josh we enjoyed watching 2 seasons ago. I'd suspect there is still a substantial amount of rust that must be knocked off before we see him return to form, but I'm certain that will come quickly.
I'm a big Ohio homer but I could sit back and watch matches of both Josh and Ian for days. Those 2 have styles that are so enjoyable to watch. I really wish I were there. However, I suspect this will be the first of a couple meetings between these two this year. Either way, Ohio has produced 2 very exciting wrestlers to watch and I'm rooting for them both this year.

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on November 13, 2014

Josh looked good at the MSU Open. He's not a big scorer...he's more a match manager along the lines of Heflin. But he got a critical penalty point vs a tough Murphy and made it stand up. He's quite capable of giving Miller a good match; beating him is something else but it wouldn't be that big a shock.

Having said that...I love Miller and am rooting for both wrestlers to have big seasons.

Ian knocking himself out doesn't count! They will get to go at it again this year I'm sure. Right call by the ref!

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on November 13, 2014

Think back to when Miller dropped Tessari on his head in a dual...and the ref did nothing.

Jamie Teel added to this discussion on November 13, 2014

It's not a referee's decision....if an athlete is deemed to have lost consciousness he is done.

Jack Muni added to this discussion on November 14, 2014

Hank, I was having flashbacks of the Tessari match, I thought Josh was in for the same treatment, in stead, the tables got turned. I couldn't see how Ian got injured from my perspective in the stands??

► Add to the Discussion

Page 1, 2  Next