Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Discussion Topic: tOSU vs. Missouri matchup ...
Tommy Ellis added to this discussion on December 9, 2014

This looks to be an awesome matchup on paper..Can we win with the guys in the lineup now? Some kids from Missouri already have some big upsets, Plus we are gonna see Cox vs. Snyder ,Waters vs. Tomasello. Will Hunter, Bo or Demas be back? Cant wait till Sunday..

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Patrick Campbell added to this discussion on December 9, 2014

I had a ticket and now can't go. Anyone aware of anywhere it will be broadcast on the interwebs? Can't find it on my usual channels... Really wanted to see 197 LIVE. :-/

Mark Niemann added to this discussion on December 9, 2014

I can pirate it. Record bits of the match here and there and then text it to you.

Rick Wasmer added to this discussion on December 9, 2014

Looks like it's going to be on Buckeye vision.

Pat Altvater added to this discussion on December 9, 2014

Quote from Mark Niemann's post:

"I can pirate it. Record bits of the match here and there and then text it to you."

'NIEMAN THE STALKING PIRATE!'

I like that nickname!

Ethan Moore added to this discussion on December 9, 2014

125: NaTo vs. #3 Waters - I like Nate here, I think Waters's style is a good match-up for Nate

133: JDJ vs. #16 Manley - toss up

141: Logan vs. #8 Mayes - TF likely

149: Languis vs. #5 Houdashelt - need to keep it to a major/minor

157: Demas vs. #12 Lavallee - toss up

165: Kresevic vs. Johnston - weak spot for Mizzou I think, could Bucks get a W here?

174: Martin vs. England - Martin wins

184: Courts vs. #9 Miklus - good chance for Courts to get a top 10 win at home.

197: Snyder vs. #3 Cox - match of the night.

285: Tavanello vs. ?

One thing about Mizzou is they attack. A great opportunity for the Bucks to practice the WT3 goal of 2014-2015.

Tommy Ellis added to this discussion on December 9, 2014

Its gonna be close ,Id have to agree with you Joshs match is pivotal as well as Randys...It would be huge for Nato and Kyle to have a signature win.. Should be fun.I hope to see a good crowd in attendance ..Good wrestling in the state this weekend.

Chris Shepherd added to this discussion on December 10, 2014

I'm not seeing a whole bunch of guaranteed winners here. Tons of toss-ups. Question is, without Hunter and Bojo in the line-up, will we see the team that wrestled VaTech or UVA?

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on December 10, 2014

Cox may be at 285. Mizzou has been altering their lineup as their 285 is not eligible til 2nd semester.

Should be a good match. Bucks have a shot to win even without their studs.

Mark Niemann added to this discussion on December 10, 2014

Quote from Hank Kornblut's post:

"Cox may be at 285. Mizzou has been altering their lineup as their 285 is not eligible til 2nd semester.

Should be a good match. Bucks have a shot to win even without their studs."

I thought about this situaation. I think Cox has wrestled 285 two or three times (and I'm pretty sure he weighed in at 197 at the same time).

If the dual is tight, and MIZZ is on the road and thinks they can win by making the shift, will the coach do it.

I think yes, but hopefully we start the dual at 285 and take away any last minute shifts.

Jason Russell added to this discussion on December 10, 2014

how much does a ticket cost and is this at st. johns?

Jason Russell added to this discussion on December 10, 2014

how much does a ticket cost and is this at st. johns?

Jason L. Jackson added to this discussion on December 10, 2014

I'm pretty sure tickets are $8.00 for general admission.

Yes, it is at St. John's.

The Jason family will be there! Can't wait!

Jason L. Jackson added to this discussion on December 11, 2014

My thoughts:

125 - Waters is the favorite over Tomasello, but this is closer to a toss up than most would admit. I give Waters a decision at this point.
3-0 Mizzou

133 - Manley has a win over DeShazier this year, but also has a loss to Sabatello. I think JDJ is the favorite, but, just like 125, it’s closer to a toss up than one would like to admit. If one school sweeps both of these weights, that could be the difference in the dual.
3-3 Tie

141 - Mayes is solid, Logan is Logan. Mayes will do everything he can to avoid the pinfall. I think he gets teched though.
8-3 Ohio State

149 - Houdashelt is a stud, but so was Carter, and he didn’t manhandle Languis. I do think Houdashelt gets the major though.
8-7 Ohio State

157 - Lavalee is solid, but does have a loss to a wrestler from St. Cloud State on his resume this year. I think Demas, taking a cue from the Ohio State football team, comes out inspired and wrestles one of his best matches and gets a solid decision.
11-7 Ohio State

165 - Johnston is an average wrestler, but I think that he is better than Kresevic. I am giving Johnston a decision. However, if Bo wrestles, he gets bonus.
11-10 Ohio State

174 - England is good, but he does have a head scratching loss to Reed from Oklahoma. I think Martin is a hair better, but this is essentially a toss up.
14-10 Ohio State

184 - Courts vs. ?, who will Mizzou send out, Micklus or Eblen. Pre-Vegas, I would have favored Courts over either. Post-Vegas, I favor both slightly over Courts. I’m saying they send out Eblen and weigh in both Micklus and Cox at 197.
14-13 Ohio State

197 - Snyder v. Micklus/Eblen/Cox. I’m going to make this easy, I favor Snyder by decision over Micklus, possible major over Eblen, and I favor Cox over Snyder, slightly. I think, if they are losing, they send out Cox here and take their chances at heavy.
16-14 Mizzou

285 - Tav v Micklus. If this is the way the dual goes, Tav needs a win to seal the dual. I think he gets it over Micklus. If Courts or Snyder wins, and Tav has Cox, Cox would need bonus to tie or win, and I think Tav either wins or keeps him to a decision.
17-16 Ohio State

There are lots of toss ups, practically the entire dual. The only clear favorites are Logan and Houdashelt, and I think the difference in their abilities (Logan>Houdashelt) could easily be the difference in the dual.

Roe Fox added to this discussion on December 11, 2014

Jason: is there really a possibility Bo goes?

Also, any chance Hunter is back? Just strange the way he has been out. I'm not one of those who thinks we need to know everything about these guys but his absence has just been so cryptic for such an integral part of the team.

► Add to the Discussion

Page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next