Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Discussion Topic: Snyder vs. Gadson
Ethan Moore added to this discussion on December 9, 2014

I begrudgingly agreed with the way the match was officiated (Mr. Golden set me straight on Twitter). While Snyder chased Gadson around the mat and controlled positioning Gadson did stay engaged.

However, at the completion of that match I was confident that Snyder was the better wrestler. I believe he out-wrestled Gadson. He did control the ties and he did control positions. He just didn't get the one TD, which Gadson scrambled out of.

I find myself a little chesty this week seeing lots of Gadson love; Flo Wrestler of the Week and now ranked first. I am seeing this through scarlet and gray goggles, but Snyder out-wrestled him.

Whining completed. Sorry for the rant if you disagree.

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Jack Muni added to this discussion on December 9, 2014

I just saw the match on Flo and also thought Kyle out wrestled him. I was waiting for the stall call at the end, but it never came. Seemed like Gadson had one TD, the throw by, which he tried a second time and Snyder didn't get caught. But he did have that window of opportunity at the end when he had his leg, but like Dance did to NaTo in the dual meet, he dove for that leg and passed it. Let's see what Kyle can do with Cox this weekend.

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on December 10, 2014

How a match is reffed in Vegas in December is not how it will be reffed at NCAA's in March. Watched the match and thought another stall call was a possibility but those are the breaks. In fairness to Gadson, he scored the only TD.

► Add to the Discussion