Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Page 1, 2  Next

Discussion Topic: OH-
Steve Lester added to this discussion on January 13, 2015

IO

Coach Meyer, and his team, shows how to come back from a so-so start to the season.

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on January 13, 2015

Congrats to the Buckeyes. I'm thrilled for the entire state. It's a great accomplishment. Being a Clevelander, I'm esp. proud of the job done by Cardale Jones. Put this guy in Browns gear now.

John DiJulius added to this discussion on January 13, 2015

The first of multiple National Championships the Ohio State Buckeyes will win in 2015!

Mark Niemann added to this discussion on January 13, 2015

Quote from John DiJulius's post:

"The first of multiple National Championships the Ohio State Buckeyes will win in 2015!"

Agreed. The Ohio State Fencing team will have to ward off some stiff competition from teams like PSU and Princeton, but I think they can do it.

Ben Golden added to this discussion on January 13, 2015

Quote from Hank Kornblut's post:

"Congrats to the Buckeyes. I'm thrilled for the entire state. It's a great accomplishment. Being a Clevelander, I'm esp. proud of the job done by Cardale Jones. Put this guy in Browns gear now."

This wouldn't surprise me, and I'm sure Cardale would fall right in with the tradition of the long line of Browns QBs before him.

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on January 13, 2015

Ben: You're dirty.

The message is that if the football players can do it...........

Quote from Ben Golden's post:

"

"Congrats to the Buckeyes. I'm thrilled for the entire state. It's a great accomplishment. Being a Clevelander, I'm esp. proud of the job done by Cardale Jones. Put this guy in Browns gear now."

This wouldn't surprise me, and I'm sure Cardale would fall right in with the tradition of the long line of Browns QBs before him."

ESPN was full of "Cardale's future in the NFL" this morning, with Stephen A Smith declaring him a first rounder THIS year. Unreal.

Some folks are claiming Braxton Miller will not be drafted as a QB. If that's the case how about converting him to wide receiver NOW for the coming Ohio State season. I personally think Jones has won the starting spot, anyway, over both Braxton and JT.

Bob Preusse added to this discussion on January 14, 2015

Reported by a news outlet, Ohio State's official national championship celebration will be held on Saturday January 24 in Ohio Stadium. Players and coaches will be honored during the event, which will be free of charge and open to the public. Details regarding time or anything else on the agenda have not yet been released.

i recall the last time, Jan 2003 to honor that championship team, i was in Columbus for NWCA duals-- it was THE coldest day of the winter single digits and i think it was reported 56,000 in the stadium.

i recall Archie Griffin leaning against the wall on the floor of St Johns arena watching the wrestling before he headed over.

Tommy Ellis added to this discussion on January 15, 2015

i recall Archie Griffin leaning against the wall on the floor of St Johns arena watching the wrestling before he headed over.[/quote]
Archie has been around this for a while.I remember wrestling at a DeSales tournament when I was little and Got a auotograph from Archie,Pete,and Cornelius that day.Very memorable for me because I also cracked my collarbone in a match with a Disaboto...

Pat Altvater added to this discussion on January 15, 2015

Now they've done it!

Next year they're going to be expected to run the table again! - NO MORE MR. UNDERDOG!

What is the odds that we are picked to lose 4 games next year. - NOT A CHANCE!

Congratulations to the football team and everyone affiliated with OSU, and especially Urban, the players, and the fans.

I don't think that we will have to wait 13 years for the next championship!

Roe Fox added to this discussion on January 15, 2015

Quote from Steve Lester's post:

"

Quote from Ben Golden's post:

"

This wouldn't surprise me, and I'm sure Cardale would fall right in with the tradition of the long line of Browns QBs before him."

ESPN was full of "Cardale's future in the NFL" this morning, with Stephen A Smith declaring him a first rounder THIS year. Unreal.

Some folks are claiming Braxton Miller will not be drafted as a QB. If that's the case how about converting him to wide receiver NOW for the coming Ohio State season. I personally think Jones has won the starting spot, anyway, over both Braxton and JT."

Steve: what an absolutely incredible position for the team to be in. Braxton is a two-time Big Ten offense of player of the year. JT just got done setting virtually every passing record at Ohio State and some for the Bg10. And Cardale just won the championship.

If I were to guess--and we will know by five today--Cardale goes Pro, JT and Braxton compete for the starting job with JT getting it and Braxton running the wildcat\wide receiver hybrid.

Or Joe Burrows comes in as a true freshman wins the Heisman. I wouldn't put anything past of this team.

Mark Niemann added to this discussion on January 15, 2015

What level of effect does this (winning a football national title) have wrestling recruiting? 0% 10%, 25%???

Bob Preusse added to this discussion on January 15, 2015

Quote from Pat Altvater's post:

" I don't think that we will have to wait 13 years for the next championship!"

actually 11 years wait between 2002 to 2014 -- maybe not that long this time but before the 2002 team we waited 34 years-- thats Thirty Four -- alot of outstanding ohio st team who couldnt do it, always stumbled. No one has failed to hold on to No. 1 in the polls more than ohio st.

this team wasnt supposed to do it, like 2002 wasnt, like 1968 the previous "super sophs" team wasnt on the radar either. Predicted champ ohio st teams havent been able to win it in the last 50 years.

Next year will be a "predicted No. 1", maybe next year will be different but ive seen how hard these titles are to win, u need some LUCK no matter how good u are. Hope we do it, 2 in a row is rare, i'd like to live to see it. ...s/BobP

Pat Altvater added to this discussion on January 15, 2015

Quote from Bob Preusse's post:

"

Quote from Pat Altvater's post:

" I don't think that we will have to wait 13 years for the next championship!"

actually 11 years wait between 2002 to 2014 -- maybe not that long this time but before the 2002 team we waited 34 years-- thats Thirty Four -- alot of outstanding ohio st team who couldnt do it, always stumbled. No one has failed to hold on to No. 1 in the polls more than ohio st.

this team wasnt supposed to do it, like 2002 wasnt, like 1968 the previous "super sophs" team wasnt on the radar either. Predicted champ ohio st teams havent been able to win it in the last 50 years.

Next year will be a "predicted No. 1", maybe next year will be different but ive seen how hard these titles are to win, u need some LUCK no matter how good u are. Hope we do it, 2 in a row is rare, i'd like to live to see it. ...s/BobP"

I agree with you Bob!

But this team is very young, and very talented.

Urban refrained from praising this team early in the year because he thought they were a year away. - We won it a year early. Now the team is molded with Urban's recruits, and after the NC win, they are a known quantity on both sides of the ball, and they are not losing very much to graduation this year. - After next year there is a whole horde of red-shirt sophmores and juniors that are going to want to test the NFL market. - This, 2015 team, is the target year to excel. I don't want to call this year a fluke, because they played very well. But the roster, coaching, and talent is there now to peak. 2016 will be another rebuilding year. - Talk about depth, I've never seen a team with the depth at QB, at any level, that this team has. First to third string, there is no drop-off. 2 of the 3 QB's have been All-Big Ten and the third one won them the NC, and their RB will be a Pre-season All-America. With Lee, Perry, and McMillan the LB spot is a big plus for the team. We will break in one new cornerback, but both Reeves and Conley have experience to challenge for that position. The biggest void is the DL, and there are young bodies ready to step in there also.

The early half of this season was dedicated to teaching a new offensive line, educating a red-shirt freshman quarterback, and installing a new defensive strategy to the defensive back 7. The hard work is done.

I know that defeat is always possible, but with great returning talent, and a SUPERB MOTIVATING HEAD COACH, the future looks very bright!

► Add to the Discussion

Page 1, 2  Next