Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Page 1, 2  Next

Discussion Topic: Finally able to get in on this Forum Promise to not start to much trouble LOL!!!!!
Gregory Martin added to this discussion on January 13, 2015

Proud to see such passionate fans in Ohio and glad that my family is now apart of Buckeye Nation!!!!! I don't know what post it was on a few days ago however someone was speaking about my son Myles as far as Mark Martin and Kenny Courts so I will speak on the topic Myles is a very competitive yet humble kid and will be looking to learn as much from these guys as anybody as well as being a great teammate however as his dad I and can assure you that he will be willing to work just as hard if not harder as anybody in the room because thats who he is!!!!

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Discussion Topic: Finally able to get in on this Forum Promise to not start to much trouble LOL!!!!!
Mark Niemann added to this discussion on January 13, 2015

Welcome, Mr. Martin.

I do believe the quote was "Myles won't be able to touch Mark Martin or Kenny Courts."

I'm not sure who said it, but, in my mind, going from high school to college is always a transition for kids. No shame in that. Very few are able to step right in and make immediate impacts in their line-up, for their team, or in their conference.

But, if Myles Martin is able to jump right in and begin making the necessary adjustments, I think I speak for us all...GO FOR IT!!!!!!!

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on January 13, 2015

Mark: I have no idea what idiot said that but he's the same idiot who now has the keys to the administration panel of this website. I hope you enjoy posting on Yappi.

Sincerely....

Mark Niemann added to this discussion on January 13, 2015

Quote from Hank Kornblut's post:

"Mark: I have no idea what idiot said that but he's the same idiot who now has the keys to the administration panel of this website. I hope you enjoy posting on Yappi.

Sincerely...."

I never called anyone an "idiot". :-D

But, to the point, Myles might be closer than just touching those two, but I know by re-reading this forum, we've swung and missed on more than our fair share! Revisit the Palmer/Jameson/Paddock/Garcia days. (Not 100% college meltdowns, but things just didn't go like we envisioned them.)

I realize its a big jump and by no means do I expect Myles to be completely ready by the time he graduates in May What Im simply saying is Myles has always been willing to work hard and will do what is necessary for Ohio State The not touching part is a little much however because although mainly freestyle I have seen Myles go with plenty of college guys already even though thats no where near the grind of a college season in the BIG 10 I just hope he learns as much as as he can learn from the savy veterans on the team including Courts and Martin and be ready when its time to answer the bell

Roe Fox added to this discussion on January 13, 2015

Gregory:

After the Iowa match I surmised at 174 or 184 we might not have the WT3 problems with Myles because in the 6 or 7 matches I have watched on-line he Goes after top-notch comp and seems to have a big gas tank, along with his obvious skills.

Any idea what his optimum weight class projects to? I know it isn't going to be 197. Also, I'm not inferring he will displace any current starter. Just wondering. I'm sure he is respectful of the upper classmen.

Congrats on getting him into a great school with a great man as coach.

Lou Demas added to this discussion on January 13, 2015

Gregory,
Take this for what it is worth people on forums are going to say good and about your kid. Most of time it is from people who know very little about what's really going on. My advice to you is to read the good post and the bad post and take them to what they're worth.You are going to Love your son no matter what anyone post,so I think it is best not to get into posting about your own kid because it can get to personal and won't change anything.
Sounds like are great kid though and I wish him the best.

Thanks Mr Demas and I will definitely take your advice and stay away from that kind of dialogue Mr Fox As far as Myles weight class in college I would only be guessing but I will tell you he has wrestled 152 160 170 and 182 through Highschool without cutting weight so That would be up to him and Coach Ryan

Brady Hiatt added to this discussion on January 14, 2015

Lou and Greg --

I think there is a difference between this forum and others -- I've yet to read any "cheap shot" type posts that are the norm on others forums because here your real name is attached. Criticism, yes. Cheap shots, no. So when reading, understand where (I'm reasonably comfortable stating this) the posters are coming from.

Lou -- been fun to watch your son. I coached against him his freshman year when MP wrestled Mechanicsburg at the state duals. Was also able to spend some time with him when we brought him home (if memory serves correctly we got to briefly meet) from a PSU camp I believe after his 10th or 11th grade year. Both interactions were very positive.

Hoping this season ends with AA status for Josh and a team title for the Bucks.

Lou Demas added to this discussion on January 14, 2015

Brady,

Thanks, if I remember correctly we met right off the 36/sunbury.

This is the best forum out there, that I read , with the poster putting a great deal of thought in their post. That is why I said, forums in general. However, I feel it's best not comment on your own kids. First, It's always going to be hard to be objective and even if you are it will just come off as you are sticking up for your kid. More of a lose/lose situtation for a parent in my opinion.
I say just be happy if your kid is in school and doing what he loves to do.

Hope to run into you again!

Brady Hiatt added to this discussion on January 15, 2015

Quote from Lou Demas's post:

"Brady,

Thanks, if I remember correctly we met right off the 36/sunbury.

This is the best forum out there, that I read , with the poster putting a great deal of thought in their post. That is why I said, forums in general. However, I feel it's best not comment on your own kids. First, It's always going to be hard to be objective and even if you are it will just come off as you are sticking up for your kid. More of a lose/lose situtation for a parent in my opinion.
I say just be happy if your kid is in school and doing what he loves to do.

Hope to run into you again!"

Yes, that's correct.

Your advice is solid.

Hopefully we run into each other at the Schott at either the B1G's or the HS State Tournament.

Mark Niemann added to this discussion on January 15, 2015

B1Gs are at St. John.

Brady Hiatt added to this discussion on January 15, 2015

I stand corrected. Thanks.

Gregory Martin added to this discussion on January 15, 2015

Thanks Mr Demas and I get your point however I will say this I don't mind coming off as that's just me sticking up for my kid because if I don't who will? Yes I realize its hard to be objective when its your own kid etc etc but Im riding with ALL my kids and I got their backs until I hit the grave but I will take your advice and try to stay away from certain dialogue I don't mind constructive criticim because I believe thats what drives us as people however if I have to defend my son ever I will without hesitation Thats who I am

Ethan Moore added to this discussion on January 15, 2015

Look - not to be too dramatic, but this is the best wrestling forum in the country.

Dan's idea to have every person be accountable by using your name has lead to the best wrestling conversation, period. As a fan of the HBO show The Wire, I've always wondered if Marlo Stanfield is a real person, but maybe the fictional drug dealer is a wrestling enthusiast. Or someone found a loophole.

I respect and admire that posters on this site are willing to state opinions, even if they are critical. Not sure if I've ever seen anything malicious; it has always been well constructed and coming from a positive place.

When you have fans, there will be critical analysis. The alternative is no fans.

I also believe that OWN members are educated wrestling fans with either competitive or coaching experience. So few ignorant posts, if any.

In short - I love OWN. Etc.

► Add to the Discussion

Page 1, 2  Next