Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Discussion Topic: 1/19/15 Dual Impact Index presented by the National Collegiate Open
Britt Malinsky added to this discussion on January 20, 2015

https://setonhallpirate.wordpress.com/2015/01/20/january-19th-2015-dual-impact-index-presented-by-the-national-collegiate-open/

Ohio State rankings:

Dual-Results: 5th
125: Tomasello 6th
133: DiJulius 3rd
141: L. Stieber 1st, Marandino 76th
149: Ryan (18th), Languis 49th
157: Demas 4th, M. Jordan (10th), Languis (24th), Burcher (64th), DeCarlo (72nd)
165: B. Jordan 1st, Kresevic (52nd)
174: Martin 13th, Harris (54th), Prezzia (56th), Bresciani (62nd)
184: Courts 20th, Rozema (56th), Fox (58th)
197: Snyder 3rd, O'Hara (68th)
285: Tavanello 7th
p4p: L. Stieber 1st, B. Jordan 2nd, DiJulius 29th, Demas 36th, Tomasello 43rd, Snyder 44th, Tavanello 82nd
Tournament-Strength: 2nd
Dual-Component: 2nd
Roster-Component: 2nd

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Discussion Topic: 1/19/15 Dual Impact Index presented by the National Collegiate Open
Pat Altvater added to this discussion on January 20, 2015

I have always liked this ranking system put together by 'Seton Hall Pirate', who blogs on several national forum sites, and occasionally does big tournament blogs for InterMat.

I like this because it is a computer based system that heavily weights the strength of competition in his formula.

It is interesting to me that OSU has 6 wrestlers in his top pound-for-pound wrestlers. That is pretty significant. - That means we have a darn good duals team, not to mention a pretty powerful tournament team.

Bruce Andrews added to this discussion on January 20, 2015

Isn't Britt Seton Hall Pirate?

Mark Niemann added to this discussion on January 20, 2015

Quote from Bruce Andrews's post:

"Isn't Britt Seton Hall Pirate?"

Yes

Britt Malinsky added to this discussion on January 21, 2015

Yessir, as Mark Niemann said.

Pat Altvater added to this discussion on January 21, 2015

Quote from Britt Malinsky's post:

"

Yessir, as Mark Niemann said."

My apologies, Britt! - I did not know that!

I am a fan of your rankings! I usually look at the others, and then compare them to yours. - No other ranking can factor in the strength of competition as your method does.

I remember that last year you were trying to 'alter' the formula to lessen the impact of larger scores against lesser opponents (much like Sagarin did for the old BCS rankings), but I recall the early numbers became a bit odd, but that over the course of the season they started to level out. Was that system kept and refined, or did you go back to the old formula?

Britt Malinsky added to this discussion on January 21, 2015

Quote from Pat Altvater's post:

"

"

I am a fan of your rankings! I usually look at the others, and then compare them to yours. - No other ranking can factor in the strength of competition as your method does.

I remember that last year you were trying to 'alter' the formula to lessen the impact of larger scores against lesser opponents (much like Sagarin did for the old BCS rankings), but I recall the early numbers became a bit odd, but that over the course of the season they started to level out. Was that system kept and refined, or did you go back to the old formula?"

I went back to the old formula.

Pat Altvater added to this discussion on January 21, 2015

"

Quote from Pat Altvater's post:

"

"

I remember that last year you were trying to 'alter' the formula to lessen the impact of larger scores against lesser opponents (much like Sagarin did for the old BCS rankings), but I recall the early numbers became a bit odd, but that over the course of the season they started to level out. Was that system kept and refined, or did you go back to the old formula?"

I went back to the old formula."

GOOD DECISION!

► Add to the Discussion