Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Discussion Topic: Bucks vs Maryland today
John Ice added to this discussion on January 25, 2015

Should not be close

http://www.umterps.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=29700&ATCLID=209860213

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Bruce Andrews added to this discussion on January 25, 2015

This will be my first opportunity to see tOSU at a dual meet. I'm thankful that the U of Maryland joined the big ten.

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on January 25, 2015

Didn't see any way to watch on line. Anyone find a way to do it?

JDJ vs Alexander. Alex. is good.

JDJ surged in the third and won 10-2. Logan won by pin.
NaTo had a TF. Here comes Languis.

Jim Fox added to this discussion on January 25, 2015

Why no Josh this weekend? Hurt? Sick?

John DiJulius added to this discussion on January 25, 2015

I thought it wasn't starting till 2 pm. Thanks for the update.

Jack Muni added to this discussion on January 25, 2015

Quote from Jim Fox's post:

"Why no Josh this weekend? Hurt? Sick?"

Are we snake-bit or what? How many other Big Ten teams are wrestling without 4 of their starters?

Bruce Andrews added to this discussion on January 25, 2015

It was enjoyable to see the match live, even though Robin Ficker was his usual self.

Johnni DiJulius was hit with a very well executed cement mixer early in the first period. Fortunately he was flexible enough to wiggle his way out of it and then things went well for him the rest of the match, even though Alexander put up a good fight.

Snyder was piling up points in the third period and got a little sloppy, whereupon the Maryland wrestler headlocked him to his back. It was very close to a pin but Snyder fought out of it.

Stieber had some difficulty in the first period with Brown, who kept on slipping out of his pinning holds but eventually Brown wore down.

Jordan spladled his opponent and set-up the move in a very deliberate way. Everyone in the stands could see it coming about 10 seconds ahead of time.

Spencer Myers, the Maryland heavyweight, is made in the mold of Tony Nelson but has thick bandages/braces on both knees and wasn't very mobile.

The rest of the matches pretty much went as expected with good efforts by all the wrestlers.

Jack Muni added to this discussion on January 25, 2015

Bruce, did Logan get him with the arm bar & half nelson? Did OSU have any supporters in the stands beside yourself?

Jeff Reid added to this discussion on January 26, 2015

Quote from Jack Muni's post:

"Bruce, did Logan get him with the arm bar & half nelson? Did OSU have any supporters in the stands beside yourself?"

Jack, he actually tried the arm bar half a few times in the first period and the kid rolled out with escapes twice. The kid he wrestled is a good athlete. I am trying to recall how he pinned the kid, but I cannot remember. To answer your other question, the crowd was about half and half. Lots of Buckeye fans in the crowd. There was probably a big Kyle Snyder contingent and Courts hometown is only a few hours from DC, so I am sure his family and friends made the trip.

Bruce Andrews added to this discussion on January 26, 2015

Jack,

Unfortunately I did not see the technique Stieber used since I was leaning over to tell my son why Logan had been awarded 3 points with an earlier move. I heard the mat get slapped by the referee and looked up to see that Brown was pinned.

There was a good crowd of around 1000 people, I would estimate. When a crowd is that size it usually consists of wrestlers or family and friends of wrestlers so the crowd was knowledgeable and respectful. Its only when you get the crowds larger than 3000 or so where a large percentage of the attendees are fan(atics) who are just there to root for their home school but know very little about wrestling.

There was a good contingent of supporters from Ohio State just judging from the apparel people had on.

One funny thing that Robin Ficker did during the Stieber match, when Stieber was on top and turning Brown at will, was to start shouting at the top of his lungs "the top man is stalling". Everyone in the crowd laughed.

► Add to the Discussion