Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Discussion Topic: Flo's Broadcast
Mike Cook added to this discussion on February 17, 2015

Everything was great for me until the end of the first period in Logan's match then all was lost. I was banging on my laptop like there was no tomorrow!! They should somehow acknowledge their shortcoming. Fortunately they put all the matches up for viewing promptly after the fact. I have to say though that Flo has done so much for our sport of wrestling by giving us access to matches and interviews that we otherwise would not have that I am giving them a pass and chalking it up to "growing pains".

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Leo Zimmer added to this discussion on February 17, 2015

I attempted to cancel with them in the past. They charged my credit card two more times after I "canceled". Luckily for me, my credit card then expired, so their subsequent attempts were rejected.

That was well over a year ago, and still to this day, I get an email from Flo once a month to inform me that my credit card on file was declined.

I do miss the service however. I just didn't feel as though there was enough bang for the buck.

Justin Hayes added to this discussion on February 17, 2015

I've always wanted to subscribe, however, have repeatedly read for several years that a) it shuts down at the most inopportune times and b) you can't cancel without a huge hassle.

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on February 17, 2015

I have heard their customer service has improved alot. Based upon my experience today, I'd say it's true.

I would much rather watch quality wrestling than other sports so it's worth my while to invest in BTN2Go and Flo. God knows I waste 20 bucks on a lot more frivolous things all the time that don't give me anywhere near the pleasure. My advice to all of you is to invest in the sport and hope we get back quality production.

Brian Grimm added to this discussion on February 17, 2015

Quote from Hank Kornblut's post:

"I have heard their customer service has improved alot. Based upon my experience today, I'd say it's true.

I would much rather watch quality wrestling than other sports so it's worth my while to invest in BTN2Go and Flo. God knows I waste 20 bucks on a lot more frivolous things all the time that don't give me anywhere near the pleasure. My advice to all of you is to invest in the sport and hope we get back quality production."

This is the second time I've experienced a crash during a broadcast. On both occasions, I haven't even been able to log back into my account to complain to them. Like you, however, I've spent more than $20 on a lot less, such as a Browns or Cavs ticket. I'll stick with them until an alternative is available.

Mark Niemann added to this discussion on February 17, 2015

Over the last 5 years, I have not spent $20 on anything Nike.

Really looking forward to purchasing some Rudis gear for InsideTheCircle.

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on February 17, 2015

Brian: I went to the flo website today and clicked the link for support at the top. From there, I was able to complain. I received a quick response.

I think it's important to complain. Otherwise, why improve your service?

Brian Grimm added to this discussion on February 18, 2015

"Brian: I went to the flo website today and clicked the link for support at the top. From there, I was able to complain. I received a quick response.

I think it's important to complain. Otherwise, why improve your service?"

I've attempted to do so 3 times, still no response...

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on February 18, 2015

This link?

http://www.flowrestling.org/page/Contact-Form

Brian Grimm added to this discussion on February 19, 2015

"This link?

http://www.flowrestling.org/page/Contact-Form"

That's the one. No response. I'm actually sending them a letter through the USPS to get assistance...

Whenever I try to reset my password, it generates an error message that the email address was not found. I receive the newsletter at that address, have logged in with it before, and am still being billed.

Bizarre.

Mark Niemann added to this discussion on February 19, 2015

Quote from Brian Grimm's post:

"
That's the one. No response. I'm actually sending them a letter through the USPS to get assistance...

Whenever I try to reset my password, it generates an error message that the email address was not found. I receive the newsletter at that address, have logged in with it before, and am still being billed.

Bizarre."

In my mind, these are the types of things that cannot happen if one is trying to be a legitimate company.

Brian Grimm added to this discussion on February 19, 2015

Quote from Mark Niemann's post:

"

Quote from Brian Grimm's post:

"

Bizarre."

In my mind, these are the types of things that cannot happen if one is trying to be a legitimate company."

Their ears must be burning. I finally received a response.

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on February 19, 2015

Perhaps they've been overwhelmed by complaints?

One can only hope.

Chris Thomas added to this discussion on February 19, 2015

I think flo has good attentions (exposing wrestling). I have been a member for two years. The problem is the BTN holds the rights to all of the big duals in conference( Which they did a horrendous job selecting this year). I think the wrestling community needs to get on the same page as a whole.

Brandon Gambucci added to this discussion on February 19, 2015

I worked (interned) at Flo a few summers ago. I can absolutely vouch that they are all working their butts off, morning to night for not a lot of pay. Not that its a valid excuse for their seemingly sub-par service, but like its been mentioned, they're suffering big time from growing pains. They're passionate and care about wrestling, but running a business is hard. I just hope they can figure it out how to do it well, soon.

Unfortunately for wrestling, there's just not a lot of money in it. I think its more of a wrestling culture thing than anything else. Wrestlers are all tight-nit and tend to offer wrestling related things for free or low-cost. I mean heck, I buy more chipotle in a week than I do pay for wrestling coverage in a month (regardless of how much improvement is needed in Flo's service and business model). Anyways, they're good people who love the sport so I'll support them, I only wish they could figure out a way to run the business better.

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next