Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2

Discussion Topic: Can Bo Beat Dieringer?
Mark Niemann added to this discussion on March 31, 2015

Should have just asked me. Joel Walker was a beast!!!!!!!!!!

State champ for the Golden Bears. Injuries did him in I do believe. He coached I. The Central Ohio for a short stint. Good dude. Graduated in 1996 I think. Perhaps 97.

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Liam Bateman added to this discussion on March 31, 2015

Absolutely Bo beats Ringer next time they wrestle, which i'm assuming will be at the all star match. Bo with a good toe and the experience of wrestling him once should do the trick. I'm hoping that they will enact a Jordan rule that will award him points everytime someone yelps while being stretched out. It IS imminent that they will be going over and sharing their nethers with the crowd, hopefully they will address it and score it as such, fingers crossed. Ringer won't be going anywhere, Crutchmer is to good and cant cut or beat Boyd, I wouldn't want him going anywhere anyway, why rob the fans of the best match up since Stieber Oliver?
Go Bucks!

Michael Rodriguez added to this discussion on March 31, 2015

Quote from Justin Hayes's post:

"

Quote from Doug Brandt's post:

"

Quote from Justin Hayes's post:

"When I watched the match, I felt like I was watching the Discovery Channel episode where the mighty T-Rex ran into the Spinosaurus (a slightly larger/tougher version of the T-Rex) for the first time."

Was there ever a "mighty TD-Rex?" I think I saw one in 1993."

I ran into a guy today with cauliflower ear. Being the shy, insular person I am, the conversation went like this:
"Boxing or Wrestling?"
"Wrestling."
"Where?"
"Upper Arlington and Ohio State."
"What's your name?"
"Joel Walker."
"Do you know Rex?" (No additional identifiers necessary)
"Yeah, I know Rex pretty well..."
(End of conversation on that matter as we went about the business at hand; I made my way to a computer and verified he was legit.)

This is just how I roll. ; )"

Joel Walker=really good guy...also great wrestler/coach

As for the topic, I think the only reason Ohio State fans think Jordan can beat Dieringer is because Jordan wrestles for Ohio State. If it was the other day at around, Ohio State fans would give Jordan roughly the same chance as they gave Port of beating Stieber. No disrespect to Jordan, who is incredible and will win an NCAA titles before he's done, but Dieringer is just that good.

With that in mind, any chance he takes an Olympic red-shirt?

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on March 31, 2015

I did not think Nate Tomasello would ever beat Thomas Gilman. When they wrestled in the dual, Gilman dominated. He moved Nate backwards the whole time and Nate never touched Gilman's leg.

At Big Tens, Nate beat him.

I didn't think Kyle Snyder would beat J'Den Cox. I just figured that Cox was too fast, strong and explosive. I watched Cox take down Burak like he was a JV to beat him at national duals. I figured Cox could do the same to Snyder if he wanted to.

Snyder beat him in the NCAA semis.

Bo Jordan spent most of the season relying too much on his power. He doesn't chain wrestle as much as I'd like to see. His setups (except for that beautiful ankle pick) are pretty basic. His defense is awesome; his offense is plain Jane. And he needs to get more active on bottom.

Wait until he starts getting really good. He'll beat everyone. Including Dieringer.

Justin Hayes added to this discussion on April 1, 2015

Quote from Mark Niemann's post:

"Should have just asked me. Joel Walker was a beast!!!!!!!!!!"

Hesitant to do so in light of the Protection Order history; still concerned about you being the legal trailblazer for a "Class Action Protection Order" precedent in the fall...

Rex Holman added to this discussion on April 1, 2015

I'll speak for Joel--- great guy. I know him enough to say that wrestling is/was very important to him (like most people who take the time to post on OWN.) He grew up in the same type of environment that I did. He had the talent to be a DI All-American. State Champion, Junior National AA. Physically built the way you need to beat built. He pinned Mike Powell (successful HS coach), an AA at IU, during his college career in a dual.
Solid dude.

Doug Brandt added to this discussion on April 1, 2015

Remember meeting his parents at a local restaurant. His father was a wrestling referee. Very nice people.

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2