Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2

Discussion Topic: Wrestling Lag Time Topic: Famous (or Infamous) People
Liam Bateman added to this discussion on April 18, 2015

During the democratic convention in cleveland, while serving at Lola Bistro, I waited on a group that included Matt Dillon, Sarah michelle Geller, Joey Pants, Michael Stipe, Timothy Hutton and a few other B lists. Timothy Hutton left me with this joke:
A grasshopper walks into the bar, the bartender looks at him and says, "I've a got a drink named after you!", the grasshopper replies, "you've got a drink named Harold?" Boom.

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Mike Taylor added to this discussion on April 20, 2015

I've shaken hands with the great General Tommy Franks, chatted with the lead singer of the country group Blackhawk (particularly big during the mid to late 90's), walked past Wynonna and Ashley Judd (and their families), met Kirk Ferentz (his son wrestled for Iowa City High who was in our conference and he never missed a match), had Billy Baldwin nearly walk into my car while I was in Hawaii doing my 2 week Navy Reserve duty (I noticed him because he was wearing his Binghamton Wrestling shirt), and met R. Lee Ermy while I was on the USS Nimitz (Gunnery Sgt on Full Metal Jacket).

Bob Preusse added to this discussion on April 21, 2015

[quote="Liam Bateman"]During the democratic convention in cleveland, while serving at Lola Bistro, I waited on a group that included Matt Dillon, Sarah michelle Geller, Joey Pants, Michael Stipe, Timothy Hutton and a few other B lists. /quote]

Buffy the Vampire Slayer no B lister --btw what Dem convention in cleveland?

Steve Lester added to this discussion on April 21, 2015

I guess the most famous (or infamous) person I chatted with was Jose Canseco. This was at a downtown watering hole in the last year of the old muni stadium (92 or 93?). I didn't let on that I knew him, and he finally asked me if I was a baseball fan.

I said "sure". He looked at me, a touch doubtful, and then asked what was my favorite team.

I said the 86 Indians. He laughed and said "what, they finish in last place?". I said no. They led the league in hitting by 10 points and had all-stars at every position except catcher. We then proceeded to run down that line-up, with Jose nodding his head. He had another Oakland player with him and some cute little blond sitting between them. PERHAPS, the wife of the other player.

Of course 10 years later, the Indians came up with an even better lineup.

Liam Bateman added to this discussion on April 23, 2015

[quote="Bob Preusse"]

Quote from Liam Bateman's post:

"During the democratic convention in cleveland, while serving at Lola Bistro, I waited on a group that included Matt Dillon, Sarah michelle Geller, Joey Pants, Michael Stipe, Timothy Hutton and a few other B lists. /quote]

Buffy the Vampire Slayer no B lister --btw what Dem convention in cleveland?"

It was something with the Democratic National Commitee fundraiser. Howard Dean was in town as well being the chair at the time but I didn't see him at Lola.

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2