Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Discussion Topic: Ohio State Recruiting going forward
Brady Hiatt added to this discussion on January 28, 2016

Quote from Pat Altvater's post:

"I went to OSU from 1976 to 1980, my tuition was $275 my first quarter, and a whopping $325."

That is what some Chemistry and Calc books cost now.

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Sean Koran added to this discussion on January 28, 2016

Quote from Bob Preusse's post:

"talked to Ryan at length at Mich st dual, for recruiting 2 wts are emphasized right now, 125 and 184.

(Note to Ohio kids/coaches, Mich St needs help, started 5 walkons Roger Chandler told me, he has needs, of course Roger an ohio guy himself. He should have $ to spend i think. He told me 125, 174, 184.)

(Note to Steve Lester: Roger Chandler another WEST PARK guy, he told me Ascension church 140th & Puritas. u were right Walz old Brooklyn, but West Prk list goes on & on, Zach Thompson from that 130th area too, St Vincent DePaul.)"

@BobP - with Myles presumably going up to 184 for the next three years, 74 would seem to be a bigger need. Does OSU see White moving up to 74 after Bo graduates?

Pat Altvater added to this discussion on January 28, 2016

Quote from Sean Koran's post:

"

@BobP - with Myles presumably going up to 184 for the next three years, 74 would seem to be a bigger need. Does OSU see White moving up to 74 after Bo graduates?"

Doesn't White @ 165, and Bo moving up next year to 174 make more sense. - Bo has already proven that he can dominate 174 (even while he was still weighing in at 165).

Sean Koran added to this discussion on January 28, 2016

Sorry, Pat. I probably wasn't clear. I assume the next two years the lineup will be 165 White 174 Bo 184 Myles. That leaves a hole at 174 for 18-19, unless White moves up.

Bob Preusse added to this discussion on January 28, 2016

"

"talked to Ryan at length at Mich st dual, for recruiting 2 wts are emphasized right now, 125 and 184."

@BobP - with Myles presumably going up to 184 for the next three years, 74 would seem to be a bigger need. Does OSU see White moving up to 74 after Bo graduates?"

Sean, i get your point and in fact wondered myself re 184, however Ryan told me sunday at Mich st dual 125 & 184, i later emailed him to re-verify and he again said 125 & 184.

Bob Preusse added to this discussion on January 28, 2016

Tom replied "Yes" to my question yesterday:

Sent: Wednesday, January 27, 2016 10:21 AM
To: Ryan, Thomas
Subject: (no subject)

these any help? its a 184 u want? not 174?

uncommitted juniors:

college 125

Austin DeSanto, Exeter PA

Colton Cummings, Lowell IN

college 184:

Brandon Kui, DePaul Catholic NJ

Jacob Warner, Washington IL

Ron Hreha added to this discussion on January 28, 2016

"

"

"talked to Ryan at length at Mich st dual, for recruiting 2 wts are emphasized right now, 125 and 184."

Sean, i get your point and in fact wondered myself re 184, however Ryan told me sunday at Mich st dual 125 & 184, i later emailed him to re-verify and he again said 125 & 184."

This implies Myles still has to grow into a 174lber. Is he considered thin for the weight? Does he have body fat to lose and muscle to add?

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on January 29, 2016

Next year's lineup:

125: Micah Jordan--time for him to suck it up and make an "old school" cut. 40 lbs a week is what guys did in the 60's.

133: Bo Jordan--Let's face it. He made 165 easily. His Dad was around this weight in college so presumably he can make it too.

141: Kyle Snyder--Who cares about freestyle and those Yuuurrrroooppppeeeeoooonssss. All we've gotten out of him so far is 2nd place so show some guts.

149: Mark Martin--He's gonna get another year of eligibility due to the fact he's dealt with lots of injuries. He needs to lift harder and slim down to his size from 8th grade.

157: Tom Rowlands--Another guy who secretly has a year of eligibility. He's been working on this cut since his graduation. Tom's tough. He'll get there.

165: Logan Stieber and Lance Palmer--Bucks have raised funds to cut each in half and sew them together. Since the two of them combined creates a new person, first it has to get a high school diploma. Then the most devastating top wrestler in history takes the mat.

You guys get the gist....

Bruce Andrews added to this discussion on January 29, 2016

Very good analysis.

Do you think the current lightweights should start bulking up now in order to fill the upper weights next year?

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on January 29, 2016

Quote from Bruce Andrews's post:

"Very good analysis.

Do you think the current lightweights should start bulking up now in order to fill the upper weights next year?"

Gonna bring back Nick Roberts and sew him onto Ken Courts back. The two of them will go 174. Running out of material....

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5