Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Discussion Topic: University Nationals Freestyle in Akron
Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on May 30, 2015

61K: Anthony Tutolo (Kent) will wrestle Earl Hall in the semis. Tutolo was injured early in the season and was redshirted.

70K: Colin Heffernan and Anthony Collica are in the quarters. Collica won Jr Nationals (I think). Heffernan is doing a nice job in college.

74K: Markus Scheidel and Ian Miller are in the quarters. Miller is tearing apart the comp. Scheidel, whose been solid for Columbia, was a surprise Jr national finalist as well. Was he a champ?

86K: Domenic Abounader is in the quarters.

Three Eds wrestlers on that list.

97K: Phil Wellington in the quarters.

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Ethan Moore added to this discussion on May 31, 2015

Miller is a FS genius. USA Wrestling should be salivating to get him to Colorado Springs to train full-time, if he's so inclined.

He could be a long term answer for the US at 70KG. He is the complete opposite of Marable.

As an OU fan I am excited to see Reese competing well in these tournaments. He placed in Vegas in Juniors and now has won several matches in Akron. I feel like e fills in nicely for Hightower immediately.

Bob Preusse added to this discussion on May 31, 2015

was there all day yesterday, what a great job by Chris Kalai & company to bring this event to Akron the past 10 years.

today fireworks, 2 ohio kids prevail but big news FILA cadets, wow, the "unbeatable" Spencer Lee beaten by Daton Fix of Oklahoma

http://www.flowrestling.org/coverage/252176-2015-UWW-Cadet-University-Nationals/article/31797-Cadet-World-Team-Trials-Quarterfinal-Match-Ups

Steve Lester added to this discussion on May 31, 2015

Anthony Collica wins it by taking down Sorenson then Tsirtsis.

It has been said that he took one for the Oklahoma State team this year by wrestling up a weight.

Bob Preusse added to this discussion on May 31, 2015

Quote from Steve Lester's post:

"Anthony Collica wins it by taking down Sorenson then Tsirtsis.

It has been said that he took one for the Oklahoma State team this year by wrestling up a weight."

Kindig was 149 so there was no opening there, however Collica i am told will go down from 157 to 149 next year -as u implied.

David Rourke added to this discussion on June 1, 2015

Did any OSU guys compete? I didn't see any matches with any. I get why the studs competing at the senior level weren't there or the guys recovering from injuries, but I would have expected some of the redshirts and other depth guys showing up...? Any word on Thomas Haines and his recovery?

Ben Golden added to this discussion on June 1, 2015

Quote from Bob Preusse's post:

"

Quote from Steve Lester's post:

"Anthony Collica wins it by taking down Sorenson then Tsirtsis.

It has been said that he took one for the Oklahoma State team this year by wrestling up a weight."

Kindig was 149 so there was no opening there, however Collica i am told will go down from 157 to 149 next year -as u implied."

Still, though, he had a redshirt that he could have used if the coaches would have let him--and maybe they would have.

► Add to the Discussion