Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Page 1, 2  Next

Discussion Topic: NBA Playoffs 2015
Mark Niemann added to this discussion on June 8, 2015

Well. Let's talk about it.

Series tied 1-1. The Cavs earn the split out in Cali, and quite possibly could be up 2-0...or down 0-2. But, as it stands, they are tied with two games at home on Tuesday & Thursday. (The last three games are Cali, Cleveland, Cali.) As cursed as people think the sports teams are in that city, the Cavs are in good shape series-wise and that is without K-Love AND Irving. Delly has stepped up big; JR Smith needs to watch himself but did contribute off the bench a bit.

How do you see these next two home games going?

Can the Cavs lack of depth sustain this level of play (especially with only two-day turn arounds for games 2, 3, and 4?

What kind of play does Cleveland need in order to go up 3-1? Stated otherwise - is the LBJ isolation game the route to go?

Is last night's win (the first NBA Finals win in Cavs history) the spark that propels the team to etch their names in history for the town?

(For Josh Lowe) The officiating was baffling to me. That is all.

If LBJ & Co. pull out a third win (especially at home in game 6) I say they travel roughly 20 minutes east on Carnegie/Cedar and celebrate in style! Brisket & pastrami for all!!!!!!!

How do you see things going down over the next five games?

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Jim Behrens added to this discussion on June 8, 2015

Mark,
You are aware that this is basketball, right?
IMO, the only way those courts should be viewed is when they have a wrestling mat covering them.
Second, why would you ask Josh about officiating? He knows as much about officiating as I do about the top ranked teams/kids in the country. That is not meant as a knock, just a statement. I deal with Josh quite a bit and while I am sure he has an opinion (really?), it is just that.
BTW, I really believe officials in all sports try to do the very best job they can, with the exception of NBA officials. it always seemed to me that they call whatever the league office wants them to call. Again, that is an opinion.

Steve Lester added to this discussion on June 8, 2015

I'm still POed about Delly's treatment by national announcers during the Atlanta series.

Now the past two games against Golden State, you watch Andrew Bogut intentionally pulling arms, two hands to the back pushes, hard high above the shoulder fouls, none of which Delly does, and Matthew is still being labelled, in some nationl conversations, as the dirty player? LMAO.

That game two win last night took an incredible effort by the Cavaliers team. Can they do it again? They are so short-handed. I think tomorrow night's game is the series.

Brady Hiatt added to this discussion on June 8, 2015

Niemann banished for 15 days due to blasphemy in starting this thread. #deadtome

Steve Lester added to this discussion on June 8, 2015

#lackofslack

Jim: Point of note: I did not ask Josh about officiating. I stated my opinion concerning a few seemingly obvious calls. Namely, LBJ travelling. I merely referenced him due to his twitter game.

Brady: This is quite possibly one of the greatest things to occur in Cleveland in the last 20 years.

EDIT: I should qualify my previous remark. Obviously this (one of the greatest things to occur in Cleveland) is within the context of professional sports. I mean, let's face it - Hank supplying meat to the greater metropolitan area is THEEEEE single greatest achievement across the board. ...duh.

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on June 8, 2015

Many national writers (ie: both coasts) have played up the scenario that this Golden State team is possibly one of the all time greats and that Steph Curry is the next "superpower" in the NBA (think Kobe, Lebron, MJ).

1) Golden State is not even close to being an all time great. They're avg by NBA finals standards and clearly shaken by the pressure of playing in a finals against a badass opponent.

2) Curry is a slick "one time state champ" type of wrestler. Lebron is Logan Stieber or David Taylor (take your pick). Kenny Smith called Curry "the best player in the league" the other day. He's just Kyrie Irving in a different system. LBJ is so much better in an overall sense that's there's nothing to compare.

3) The media seems puzzled that Golden State is struggling as opposed to seeing the obvious: Cavs went 12-2 in the playoffs including an 8-2 record against two very good teams in Chicago and ATL. (We also had the best record in the NBA once the lineup was re-fashioned). As soon as Cleve beat those teams, it became fashionable to assume something was wrong with them as they were dominated. No one is giving Cleveland any credit for being a nasty team with more toughness than anyone else in the league and players who are selling out on every possession. If I were betting on the series, I'd take Golden State right now but only because their depth is terrific and ours is game but flawed. I also think the probability is that the series goes 7 games.

Can the Cavs win? Absolutely.

Bob Preusse added to this discussion on June 8, 2015

To paraphrase The Bard:

Stephen A Smith's but a walking shadow, a poor player
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage
And then is heard no more: it is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

Curt Heinrichs added to this discussion on June 8, 2015

Quote from Mark Niemann's post:

"

Brady: This is quite possibly one of the greatest things to occur in Cleveland in the last 20 years.

"

The Browns came back in '99, Melt opened in 2006, the Heinrichs family moved to the greater Cleveland in 2008, Avengers and some other movies were shot in Cleveland over the last few years, and Omar Vizquel did some things.

All of the above are better than a possible Cavs championship.

Don't get me wrong, I'll be happy, but let's not throw hyperbole around.

Brady Hiatt added to this discussion on June 8, 2015

If basketball is being talked about on a wrestling forum, is....wait a dad-gum second. WHY is pumpkin-pushin' being talked about on here?!?!?!

Justin Hayes added to this discussion on June 8, 2015

Niemann.

I am disappoint.

Choke yourself; use Brady's hand.

Lou Demas added to this discussion on June 8, 2015

I thought it odd when I found myself agreeing with people who normally I'm on the opposite side in the discussion on, in the FIFA thread. Then this! It clear now,I died and heaven was not my final destination!

Lou Demas added to this discussion on June 8, 2015

I thought it odd when I found myself agreeing with people who normally I'm on the opposite side in the discussion on, in the FIFA thread. Then this! It clear now,I died and heaven was not my final destination!

Quote from Lou Demas's post:

"I thought it odd when I found myself agreeing with people who normally I'm on the opposite side in the discussion on, in the FIFA thread. Then this! It clear now,I died and heaven was not my final destination!"

#PrayersFromPataskala

Curt: Solid contribution!

Bob Preusse added to this discussion on June 9, 2015

people jacked-- havent seen the citizenry this excited since Al Sharpton came to our fair city.

today waitress at Bob Evans wearing her All In shirt. She got riled when she mistook Dan Fickel wearing his Div II nationals T-shirt for a Golden state one, almost threw omlet in face, fortunately kooler heads prevailed.

havent seen this much ado since "the Heinrichs family moved to the greater Cleveland in 2008"

► Add to the Discussion

Page 1, 2  Next