Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 12, 13, 14  Next

Discussion Topic: Where-O, where-o is our old friend Dano?
Mark Niemann added to this discussion on August 28, 2015

Dwight: Are you saying you trust Tom Ryan & Co. to make this level of coaching decision???

I'm with Hank - having fun. Happy Friday, y'all.

ps: Hank - I'm so pumped for HS football that if I had the availability I would drive up to Mister Brisket eat one sandwich and return with one for Fred Feeney (who was in Foxcatcher). Fred is working the game that I will be attending tonight. No brisket sandwich in hand but perhaps I'll bring some tomatoes. :-)

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Dwight LeRoy added to this discussion on August 28, 2015

Quote from Mark Niemann's post:

"Dwight: Are you saying you trust Tom Ryan & Co. to make this level of coaching decision???

I'm with Hank - having fun. Happy Friday, y'all.

ps: Hank - I'm so pumped for HS football that if I had the availability I would drive up to Mister Brisket eat one sandwich and return with one for Fred Feeney (who was in Foxcatcher). Fred is working the game that I will be attending tonight. No brisket sandwich in hand but perhaps I'll bring some tomatoes. :-)"

I don't know about trust since I don't know Tom Ryan, more like evaluating, lol.

Curt Heinrichs added to this discussion on August 28, 2015

Quote from Mark Niemann's post:

"

ps: Hank - I'm so pumped for HS football that if I had the availability I would drive up to Mister Brisket eat one sandwich and return with one for Fred Feeney (who was in Foxcatcher). Fred is working the game that I will be attending tonight. No brisket sandwich in hand but perhaps I'll bring some tomatoes. :-)"

Fred taught the ref class that I took while at Ohio State. Great guy. He obviously knows the sport of wrestling better than most can hope.

Jason Russell added to this discussion on August 28, 2015

thanks for the love Bob, hopefully we can bring Hall in. If not hey...I might still have some eligibility left.

Bob Preusse added to this discussion on August 28, 2015

#Dano obtains probable Iowa lineup from former NCAA champ there, how does it stack up to ohio st and penn st ?

125 Gilman AA
133 Clark 2xAA
141 ?
149 Sorenson AA
157 Grothus ?
165 Paddock
174 Meyer
184 Brooks
197 Burak 2xAA
280 Stoll

a very reliable source provides lineup, with his opinion--- i think he is optimistic-- 125, Ron Good says never has a wt returned so many AAs counting previous years too, i'd say neither Tomosello nor Megaludis can count on top 2. Nolf top 4, what about Micah?
what do readers think?:
125 - Megaludis - top 2
133 - Conaway - rd of 12
141 - Gulibon - low AA
149 - Retherford - top 2
157 - Nolf - top 4
165 - Shakur Rasheed (Sleeper AA)
174 - Nickal - low AA or rd of 12
184 - McCutheon - rd of 12
197 - McIntosh - top 2
285 - Nevills - low AA

Chris Shepherd added to this discussion on August 31, 2015

After losing out on Suriano and Lee (presumably) does anyone else feel like Hall could be a can't miss kid for this next class? Pletcher was a solid "get" but that still leaves us lacking a true 125 if Nato bumps in the seasons ahead. So that need will have to be addressed elsewhere. But Hall seems to be the headliner we're missing from the mix.

Bob Preusse added to this discussion on August 31, 2015

Quote from Chris Shepherd's post:

"After losing out on Suriano and Lee (presumably) does anyone else feel like Hall could be a can't miss kid for this next class? Pletcher was a solid "get" but that still leaves us lacking a true 125 if Nato bumps in the seasons ahead. So that need will have to be addressed elsewhere. But Hall seems to be the headliner we're missing from the mix."

will be a fight to the end for Hall, NEB strong position with Burroughs-- Penn St long shot but not out of it, so they must be feared --ohio st very legit but not the fave like i previously believed. Minn would seem out of it but Hall has friends there and JRob just got extension.

there could be "weeping & gnashing of teeth"

Drew Taylor added to this discussion on August 31, 2015

If Ohio State isn't the favorite to land Hall, who is?

Bob Preusse added to this discussion on August 31, 2015

i'm hearing NEB has moved up to co-fave with ohio st. Burroughs factor looms large.

penn st is considered a "long-shot", if Cael would pull this off he is deity material. Minn has some of Hall's friends from Apple Valley but is long shot too.

Chris Shepherd added to this discussion on September 1, 2015

Quote from Bob Preusse's post:

"i'm hearing NEB has moved up to co-fave with ohio st. Burroughs factor looms large.

penn st is considered a "long-shot", if Cael would pull this off he is deity material. Minn has some of Hall's friends from Apple Valley but is long shot too."

I understand the draw of Burroughs, but Nebraska kind of surprises me in the co-favorite role. From a team perspective, Nebraska wouldn't be considered one of the teams that will be contending for a NC in the years ahead. Penn State, I get it. Iowa, I get it. Minnesota, I get it. Arizon State, I get it. Nebraska??? I find it a hard sell to believe Hall doesn't care about being a part of something bigger. If OSU is in the co-favorite seat right now with Nebraska I'd have to admit that is a good feeling...not that Coach Ryan should take it lightly.

Bob Preusse added to this discussion on September 1, 2015

Hall is Burroughs workout partner in Vegas pre-worlds, add it up.

Ethan Moore added to this discussion on September 1, 2015

Chris - when you consider the lure of something bigger, think of Hall's Olympic/FS goals.

The chance to work with Burroughs/Green has to be attractive, and I would say Manning has shown a strong ability to prepare his athletes for the next level.

For me Nebraska exists just outside of the top 5 power programs.

Mark Niemann added to this discussion on September 1, 2015

Quote from Ethan Moore's post:

"Chris - when you consider the lure of something bigger, think of Hall's Olympic/FS goals.

The chance to work with Burroughs/Green has to be attractive, and I would say Manning has shown a strong ability to prepare his athletes for the next level.

For me Nebraska exists just outside of the top 5 power programs."

And what is Ohio-RTC and SWEET Lou Rosselli? Chopped liver!?!?! ;-)

Ethan Moore added to this discussion on September 1, 2015

Ohio RTC a great option, maybe the best option - but certainly you can understand the allure of working with Burroughs/Green.

Justin Hayes added to this discussion on September 1, 2015

Quote from Ethan Moore's post:

"Ohio RTC a great option, maybe the best option - but certainly you can understand the allure of working with Burroughs/Green."

What if one of them unexpected leaves or is injured?

Does Ohio RTC training center have more options/partners?

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 12, 13, 14  Next