Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Discussion Topic: Where-O, where-o is our old friend Dano?
Drew Taylor added to this discussion on September 1, 2015

Justin, I like where your head is at.

If police get suspicious, I'll be your alibi.

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Chris Shepherd added to this discussion on September 2, 2015

I understand the draw with Burroughs/Green for future FS training towards Olympic success. But this isn't a FS team he's joining. It's an NCAA Div. I folkstyle team. And the draw of Nebraska compared to OSU is not comparable when it comes to competing for NCAA Team Championships in the present. I get Burroughs is a mentor for him...so go train with him when you're preparing for FS! It just seems that's a better option for the lad to have his cake and eat it too. Committing to a college is not necessarily committing to the relative RTC for a lifetime is my point.

J.P. Barner added to this discussion on September 2, 2015

Remember, we are hoping to land Lee because he works out with Logan.

Time will tell. We're in good hands with Ryan.

Chris Shepherd added to this discussion on September 2, 2015

Quote from J.P. Barner's post:

"Remember, we are hoping to land Lee because he works out with Logan.

Time will tell. We're in good hands with Ryan."

Perhaps. But there are other factors that could contribute to that scenario. Having Nato, JRod, JDJ, and Pletcher would be added bonuses for Lee. As would have lightweight coaches Lou Rosselli and J Jaggers. With the Hall/Nebraska situation there's not all those added bonuses. It's seemingly a one trick pony. Just seems a little baffling to me still.

Mark Niemann added to this discussion on September 2, 2015

Quote from Drew Taylor's post:

"Justin, I like where your head is at.

If police get suspicious, I'll be your alibi."

I know nuhsing; I see nuhsing!

Roe Fox added to this discussion on September 2, 2015

Quote from Chris Shepherd's post:

"I understand the draw with Burroughs/Green for future FS training towards Olympic success. But this isn't a FS team he's joining. It's an NCAA Div. I folkstyle team. And the draw of Nebraska compared to OSU is not comparable when it comes to competing for NCAA Team Championships in the present. I get Burroughs is a mentor for him...so go train with him when you're preparing for FS! It just seems that's a better option for the lad to have his cake and eat it too. Committing to a college is not necessarily committing to the relative RTC for a lifetime is my point."

And there is also the education thing.n a TOSU degree is very valuable these days compared to many other schools.

Chris Shepherd added to this discussion on September 8, 2015

And did anyone else notice he's a pretty solid OSU Football fan? :) Bodes well for the home team!

Mark Niemann added to this discussion on September 8, 2015

Quote from Chris Shepherd's post:

"And did anyone else notice he's a pretty solid OSU Football fan? :) Bodes well for the home team!"

I received a text photo/screen shot of one of his tweets. I was the Debbie downer by stating it was the only college football game on that night. But still...he WAS watching.

And how about Braxton!?!?!?! Very nice game.

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on September 8, 2015

I'd love to see Mark Hall in Columbus and feel it probably comes down to tOSU, Nebraska and PSU. But if I were putting money on it, I'd bet Nebraska. Hope I'm wrong. Good luck to Coach Ryan and company.

Bob Preusse added to this discussion on September 10, 2015

Quote from Hank Kornblut's post:

" it probably comes down to tOSU, Nebraska and PSU. "

#Dano: Hank on the $$$$ here.

#Dano: if ohio st loses Hall, loss of Marinelli looms gigantically huge.

Hank & i agree ohio st success based on geting ohio's very best guys, with occasional exceptions Snyder, and i think Myles Martin, KeShawn Hayes.

Courts, Nick Roberts, Haines - Pletcher remains to be seen-- but our ventures into PA have so far not brought riches to ohio st.

Key words here are "yet" and "so far", while the words offers hope they also represent reality up to now.

Bob Preusse added to this discussion on September 10, 2015

#Dano: Hank on the $$$$ here.

*** ADDED comment: Hall recently unofficial visit to Penn St so they have moved up to challenge NEB & Ohio St-- Cael has LOOOOONG reach, scary. Like trying to recruit against Urban Meyer & Nick Saban.

ohio st can win but this is a 3-way Heavyweight title match.

Dwight LeRoy added to this discussion on September 10, 2015

Quote from Bob Preusse's post:

"#Dano: Hank on the $$$$ here.

*** ADDED comment: Hall recently unofficial visit to Penn St so they have moved up to challenge NEB & Ohio St-- Cael has LOOOOONG reach, scary. Like trying to recruit against Urban Meyer & Nick Saban.

ohio st can win but this is a 3-way Heavyweight title match."

Hall also mentioned that he's taking another visit (official) to PSU. I'm going to assume that Kyle Synder will host Hall when he visits tOSU since they have a history and hopefully things go well. If tOSU happens to be Hall's first visit, then that's a good sign.

Bob Preusse added to this discussion on September 11, 2015

coaches prefer to get the last visit from a recruit-- ohio st gets Hall Oct 17 for Penn st game.

Brady Hiatt added to this discussion on September 11, 2015

"coaches prefer to get the last visit from a recruit-- ohio st gets Hall Oct 17 for Penn st game."

Very true - PSU came very close to stealing BoJo this way -- so having last visit bodes well for tOSU.

Dwight LeRoy added to this discussion on September 11, 2015

Quote from Brady Hiatt's post:

"

"coaches prefer to get the last visit from a recruit-- ohio st gets Hall Oct 17 for Penn st game."

Very true - PSU came very close to stealing BoJo this way -- so having last visit bodes well for tOSU."

I'll have to disagree with the premise that coaches would like to have the last visit. To me, logically, that makes no sense. If I'm a recruit and I visit XYZ University and love the campus, wrestlers and etc, the subsequent visits are going to have to really impress me.

Coaches say all the time, they want to get said recruit on campus as soon as possible. There's not alot of time between the first day of class their senior year and early signing day. Alot of the student athletes don't take all 5 visits because it's an exhausting experience for them as well as their family.

If you step back and think about it, if your a student athlete and your university is getting the last visit, doesn't that show the level of interest from the student athlete at that point in time?

I would NEVER want to be the last visit because when the 5th one comes around, the athlete's are thinking, let's get this over with. You've heard the same pitch 4 times prior, you've visited the same types of academic facilities 4 times prior & etc. The only thing your really going to see at this point is the wrestling facilities and they better be on point.

PSU is going to be close to "stealing" alot of student athletes because of recent history and facilities.

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next