Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12, 13, 14  Next

Discussion Topic: Where-O, where-o is our old friend Dano?
Nick Lecklider added to this discussion on July 14, 2015

U need to add Zeke jones to that mix. They will be in contention in 2-3 years

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Bob Preusse added to this discussion on July 14, 2015

Dano tweet me, he say "tell your friend Roe Fox that the wrestling program returning at his alma mater Western Reserve Academy in Hudson" -- will have team this year and compete in National Preps (Blair's league).

John Gordon has taken a position at WRA, and been asked to re-start the progam. Gordon one of the nations best coaches when he began the Wyoming Seminary dynasty over a decade ago in eastern PA. Gordon then left for AD job at St Christopher in Richmond Va. Now he is here, add another to a already long list of good coaches in Ohio.

Roe Fox added to this discussion on July 15, 2015

Always helps having a Head of School who wrestled there, and did it quite well. As with everywhere, turnout a big issue in temporarily suspending participation.

Bob Preusse added to this discussion on July 15, 2015

ive known John Gordon for years, very energetic enthusiastic man, has high goals, he will put a spark in the WRA program-- startup always goes slow and he is new to ohio but if i were an alum i'd be optmistic.

Bob Preusse added to this discussion on July 16, 2015

Dano tweet #its FargoTime

right now at St Eds, a hundred and fifty or so young men -and about 7 or 8 young ladies- are geting ready for the annual pilgramage to the wrestling mecca Fargo ND.

i use to go almost every summer, i don't go out anymore, its a young mans job, 9 AM to 9 PM with a couple hour lunch or nap break, nonstop wrestling 23 mats, the FargoDome. Too many good matches, rushing around to see as many as possible, its frantic and exhausting, but great fun. A veritable FEAST for the hardcore fan.

These kids have dreams, have worked and sacrificed, maybe their parents have too, they have made a commitment-- these kids rep some of the best of the nations youth. i mentioned to a coach there yesterday, "theres NCAA champion(s) here, we just don't know yet who they are". Pretty exciting stuff-- to me anyway.

Bob Preusse added to this discussion on July 17, 2015

tremendous group of coaches over at St Eds today to coach cadet/Jr freestyle, kids in good hands, great experience, learn what it takes to go to next level.

as always Jim Lehman from Lakota not well know but he is good-- Eric Burnett, Todd Haverdill, Nate Carr, Alan Fried, Maron Karchilova, Ben Stehura, Josh Zupancik, Adam Koballa.

a couple incoming frosh caught eye, D'Emilio going to Genoa, Decatur going to CVCA.

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on July 17, 2015

Will Knight is also there. Arguably the best greco coach in Ohio and knows freestyle as well. Coached Logan to a Fargo title in Greco. Logan had never before competed in Greco.

Greco teams already left -- havent seen Will Knight there, i stopped by wednesday & today-- he may have left for fargo early today with Greco teams.

other Greco coaches besides WillK, long time fargo vets who show up every year to coach incl Jim Speelman from Ashland, Kullman from Minerva and Church from Worthington Kilbourne. Speelman i believe was on all-Marine Corps team when he was young, now a nationally rated Greco ref too.

its a "calling" for many of these guys to show up every year and donate part of their summer to the sport. Cant forget URBAS who orchestrates the nuts & bolts and Chris KALAI Ohio USA prez, its all alot of work.

Dano tweet: #think Pletcher, & soon

Drew Taylor added to this discussion on July 18, 2015

Bob: Would landing Pletcher preclude OSU from also getting Suriano?

Give me any combination of Mark Hall and Pletcher/Suriano and this recruiting class will have been excellent.

Bob Preusse added to this discussion on July 18, 2015

Quote from Drew Taylor's post:

"Bob: Would landing Pletcher preclude OSU from also getting Suriano?"

i think buckeyes take Suriano regardless who else they can get, same for Lee next year. my best estimate as of today, suriano odds are penn state, pletcher ohio st, Lee possibly a buckeye next year, yes true..

Dano tweets: #Logan gonna be the new volunteer asst coach at ohio st --- so he will be around for years, Spencer Lee luvs Logan, Lee works out with Logan,

**Micic could be in play too still, depending on terms of the release Nwstn gave him, thats as yet unknown. micic is a 125, which ohio st would covet.

--its all pretty complicated right now.

Last edited by Bob Preusse on July 18, 2015; edited 2 times in total

Drew Taylor added to this discussion on July 18, 2015

Bob: Does Logan coming on staff as volunteer assistant mean Ross Thatcher is leaving?

The Bucks are now loaded with light to mid weight coaches — Rosselli, Stieber, Jaggers and Ryan.

I guess that leaves the big boys to get coached by J.D. and Tervel in OTC practices.

Bob Preusse added to this discussion on July 20, 2015

for followers of Notre Dame College, 2 years ago NCAA champs-- i saw Frank Romano saturday night at the annual Mike Milkovich party. He very optimistic.

Dano Fickel tells me that outside of Div I, ND has THE best recruiting class in nation. Frank and asst Anthony Ralph continue to bring em in, hes got 3 & 4 timers coming from several states incl Missouri and Georgia.

Frank shows it can be done.

Last edited by Bob Preusse on July 20, 2015; edited 1 time in total

Ben Golden added to this discussion on July 20, 2015

Bob are you talking about Lake Erie or Notre Dame?

Bob Preusse added to this discussion on July 20, 2015

Notre Dame, ooooops

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12, 13, 14  Next