Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Page 1, 2  Next

Discussion Topic: New Topic of Great Importance
Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on August 20, 2015

I get people stopping at Mister Brisket all the time to talk wrestling because of this forum. Sadly, my memory fades and I forget who stopped by. So, I'm starting a "Thanks for coming in" topic so I can acknowledge those who made it here.

Most recent: Ryan Keaton. Doesn't post a lot but is a forum member. Really enjoyed meeting him. Definite wrestling junkie like most of us.

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Chris Shepherd added to this discussion on August 20, 2015

Hank,
What's the address for Mr. Brisket? Being a southwestner we have Izzy's down here in our neck of the woods. But I'm dying to have a world famous reuben from Mr. Brisket the next time I'm up your way. How does it compare?
-Shep

I've never been to Izzy's.

I like Reubens but I don't love them. Nor are they my best sandwich IMO.

I love a juicy brisket sandwich. I put Lava sauce on it which is thousand Island with some Siracha mixed in.

I also like a mix of turkey and pastrami w/cole slaw and swiss. Especially good if it's grilled.

I also have great hot dogs which I split and grill. Then I put pastrami on top of the dog along with some kraut and hot mustard.

Bob Preusse added to this discussion on August 20, 2015

Quote from Hank Kornblut's post:

"

I also have great hot dogs which I split and grill. Then I put pastrami on top of the dog along with some kraut and hot mustard."

now u r talking

Mark Niemann added to this discussion on August 20, 2015

Mark Niemann - I have been multiple times and will - good Lord willing and the creek don't rise - be back!

#PickleSpear

Ben Golden added to this discussion on August 20, 2015

Quote from Chris Shepherd's post:

"Hank,
What's the address for Mr. Brisket? Being a southwestner we have Izzy's down here in our neck of the woods. But I'm dying to have a world famous reuben from Mr. Brisket the next time I'm up your way. How does it compare?
-Shep"

Chris... I hope you aren't using Izzy's as any sort of benchmark. When I moved to Cincinnati 4ish years ago, I heard about this place. Being a Reuben connoisseur, I was eager to check it out. When I was served a cold, ungrilled sandwich, I was sorely disappointed.

Hank runs a respectable shop. Please do not compare his Reubens to those abominations.

Chris Shepherd added to this discussion on August 20, 2015

Quote from Ben Golden's post:

"

Quote from Chris Shepherd's post:

"Hank,
-Shep"

Chris... I hope you aren't using Izzy's as any sort of benchmark. When I moved to Cincinnati 4ish years ago, I heard about this place. Being a Reuben connoisseur, I was eager to check it out. When I was served a cold, ungrilled sandwich, I was sorely disappointed.

Hank runs a respectable shop. Please do not compare his Reubens to those abominations."

lol I don't get mine cold. I demand a hot reuben. They serve it however you order it. With that said, I'm looking forward to one that isn't an abomination :)

Last edited by Chris Shepherd on August 20, 2015; edited 1 time in total

Chris (and other southwest Ohio posters),

Be on the look out for a barbecue spot called Velvet Smoke BBQ. Should be opening in a few months. Guy who runs it is a reformed architect named Matt Schneider. He has an excellent rep in BBQ circles. He's gotten some briskets from me and seems to really be on top of his game. Excited to head down to Cinci and try it once it opens.

Shel Harper added to this discussion on August 20, 2015

Hank. . .you're cruel. I sit here just before suppertime reading these mouth-watering posts and wondering why I'm even considering any non-brisket fare. Goldies in Strongsville has one big advantage: they're 5 minutes away. But there'll come a day when I journey to your neck of the woods, facing the possibility that life will never be the same again.

no one speaks of the PICKLE, the pickle is integral to the deli experience-- wimpy limp pickles are unsat, many delis have them though. The overlooked part of the sand, but not by me.

i make a sand at home, w/best pickel ever, Claussen kosher garlic dill half slices -- goes right on sand, not on side.

Found in Refrig section of grocery, always CHILLED-- the condiment aisle is where u find those limp Vlasics that adorn most cupboards, but not the Clausen masterpiece.

The chilled Claussen is a stiff unapologetic kosher garlic dill that complements any deli sand. You will be proud to serve it to your guests.

Roe Fox added to this discussion on August 20, 2015

Bob: didn't you write before you were from Akron? Lou & Hy's. The greatest. Whole kosher pickles in gallon glass jars on every table. Health violations, I'm sure. Great Reuben's, better cheesecake. Closed 25 years ago. It's now a CVS. Ugh.

I'm heading to Monsiour Brisket soon.

Roe,
grad Buchtel 1961, i was a poor uninitiated lad during my Akron days-- never been to Lou & Hys, was not exposed to the finer things. In Cleveland i came of age.

where was Lou & Hys, West Market/Fairlawn area? i think i rcall the name however i was never there.

Buy a jar of Don Hermann whole pickles (green). Leave the jar unopened and let it sit for at least a month. Open. Eat your aged dill pickle. That's good.

Ryan Keaton added to this discussion on August 21, 2015

It was nice to meet you too Hank, and the corned beef sandwich truly was the best I've ever had. I'm heading to Sandusky right now with a stop in Cleveland to follow. The best thing the customer there and I have in common is our love for food! With that said if all works out I will see you for lunch.

Roe Fox added to this discussion on August 21, 2015

Quote from Bob Preusse's post:

"Roe,
grad Buchtel 1961, i was a poor uninitiated lad during my Akron days-- never been to Lou & Hys, was not exposed to the finer things. In Cleveland i came of age.

where was Lou & Hys, West Market/Fairlawn area? i think i rcall the name however i was never there."

Not upscale at all. Where Frank hits West Market on north side of street. Great delis are for the masses, not the elite.

► Add to the Discussion

Page 1, 2  Next