Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Discussion Topic: WIN TEAM AND INDIVIDUAL RANKINGS OUT
Mike Stann added to this discussion on September 2, 2015

http://www.win-magazine.com/v2/2015/09/oklahoma-state-picked-no-1-in-wins-preseason-tpi-rankings/

If I'm correct Ohio is the only state with three schools in the top 20, for what its worth.

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Britt Malinsky added to this discussion on September 3, 2015

Quote from Mike Stann's post:

"http://www.win-magazine.com/v2/2015/09/oklahoma-state-picked-no-1-in-wins-preseason-tpi-rankings/

If I'm correct Ohio is the only state with three schools in the top 20, for what its worth."

But did you know that Cornell gets to enter two guys at 174, because it's a virtual home meet for them? Did you know that Blaise Butler transferred back to Virginia? Do you know who this Joey Rios Delgado guy is at 125? (the Oregon State staff has never heard of him)

All of that, plus the lack of guys like Jake Sueflohn, plus the fact that they didn't include redshirt freshmen (which makes no sense, as they actually have a body of work), causes me to take these rankings with a boulder of salt.

Edit to add: Apparently they wised up and changed the Oregon State 125-pounder's name to Ronnie Bresser, which is accurate. (he also is listed in some places as Ronnie Rios, but nowhere as Joey Rios Delgado)

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on September 3, 2015

Mark Martin at 174? Hunter Stieber #4 at 149 (important to always acknowledge the obvious....Hunter's outstanding if healthy. But two elbow surgeries and a lot of rust to overcome at a very deep weight....point being he should not be ranked this high preseason....we all know he's a title contender if back to form).

Bob Preusse added to this discussion on September 3, 2015

WIN very good mag overall but always the worst rankings, no attention to detail -- AWN and Dan Fickel's (of Wr USA mag) will be the best.

Mike Stann added to this discussion on September 3, 2015

Quote from Bob Preusse's post:

"WIN very good mag overall but always the worst rankings, no attention to detail -- AWN and Dan Fickel's (of Wr USA mag) will be the best."

Couldn't agree more Bob. By the way I'll be in Vegas next week. Is dano in town? I'd like to buy him a drink for all the great info he shares with us.

Bob Preusse added to this discussion on September 3, 2015

yes Dano now opening for Jay Leno at the Mirage.

Poor Polish lad from Slovenian Village neighborhood of Cleveland, immigrant father worked in steel mill. American success story, he knew what he wanted to do the first time he heard Elvis sing "Blue Suade Shoes". --Dano likes his vodka and accepts all free drinks.

Jason Russell added to this discussion on September 4, 2015

I am really hoping to see Hunter at 41.

Steve Lester added to this discussion on September 4, 2015

I posted elsewhere that Edgar Bright should be ranked, even up a weight, at 149.

However, as it is, WIN's ranked 9 Greater Clevelanders in the top 8. That's a lot of potential AAs, plus another 6 from around the state. I hope it's approximately correct!

Alas....it probably isn't.

► Add to the Discussion