Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Discussion Topic: The Season Is Approaching: What Are You Looking Forward To (College Edition)?
Justin Hayes added to this discussion on September 24, 2015

I should confess to the dot.net family that as a direct result of this forum last season, I unexpectedly transitioned to favoring (slightly) NCAA wrestling over high school.

I attribute this to a) too generic an understanding (with some pridefully wrong assumptions) of college wrestling and b) a "degrees of separation" emotional connection to the current Buckeye team (such as recollecting lil' Bo Jordan toddling around at about four years of age at camp).

In random, non-calculating bullet points:

125 looks stacked; NaTo inspired me and I so badly want him to win again.

I'm STILL sorry, Kenny. Please forgive me for my critical spirit. (Roosevelt's "The Man in the Arena" still haunts me.)

Love me some IMar. #ThuggyFresh (Shout out to my boy, Shep!)

Snyder carries himself in a way that you hope your son would.

How will Micah do?

PSU is a canny team; not happy about Cael snaking some of our guys... :)

If Hunter wins, I will cry.

Rex's insights.

Hiatt's NCAA "Pick'em!"

#GranTorino

New additions to the "Wrestler's Anonymous: Introduction" thread...

Niemann...Go!

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Discussion Topic: The Season Is Approaching: What Are You Looking Forward To (College Edition)?
Mark Niemann added to this discussion on September 24, 2015

I have one date circled on my calendar: November 13th, 2015.

That is the Virginia rolls into town. I expect a big crowd with it being a Friday night and it is early in the HS wrestling season. (competition doesn't start until Dec.)

I'm also excited to see NaTo wrestle. I recently watched his SF and finals match from NCAA. Two things on that: 1) during his first three matches (I was in attendance at NCAAs) I noticed his use of a head inside single leg. I saw him hit - and score with - it more in those three matches than the previous three months. And it came in handy for those last two matches. Ha! Got'eeeeeem! 2) His timing on his FHL-to-high-crotch is IMPECCABLE!!! A moment sooner or later, he'd fight more to finish. Unreal.

Additionally, Kenny "ALL-AMERICAN" Courts. Bruh. Can't wait!

I want to see JDJ in the finals. Forget "just" AAing. I hear he's almost perfect the defense to an underhook by cartwheeling to two!

I'm excited to have ASU visiting.

Ohio University is pre-season #15 as a team. I'd love to see them get to the top 10!

And finally, I'm excited to have this forum back to concersing about wrestling again. A reunion of sorts. Now...who is our drunk uncle??? ;-)

Justin Hayes added to this discussion on September 24, 2015

Next?

SAC Hank?

Gran Torino, what should we be looking forward to?

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on September 25, 2015

Looking forward to the new rules changes where wrestlers get four back points instead of three for a turn....not. What a dumb rule. Reinforcing my belief that old white guys with crew cuts still make our decisions.

Ok:

1) Can Ian Miller win an NCAA title?
2) How will Bucks lineup shake out? Who redshirts? Who wrestles? 141? 149? 174 (if BoJo at 165)? 197? 285?
3) Thomas Haines? Big recruit a few years ago....is he part of the plan?
4) Will Hunter be healthy and back to form?
5) Are the Bobcats going to back up their ranking?
6) CSU is coming off best season under Stehura and just got saved from ax. Will we see an immediate impact with Josh Moore in their room? Will the team continue to trend upward?

Tim McIntyre added to this discussion on September 25, 2015

I cant wait to see my son wrestle in college (admittedly not tOSU for little old Muskingum university)

I want to see the Bucks Repeat (big 10 NCAA Champs)

NATO (my favorite wrestle in D1 needs another championship)

Justin Hayes added to this discussion on September 25, 2015

Ian or Imar...who would win?

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on September 26, 2015

Quote from Justin Hayes's post:

"Ian or Imar...who would win?"

Imar was one of the best competitors in the nation last year regardless of weight class. He's head and shoulders above the field all things being equal. But I remember how amazing Dustin Schlatter looked as a true frosh en route to his title. At that time, no one would have expected him not to win another. But opponents make adjustments and injuries take a toll. Bottom line--it's a new season.

Ethan Moore added to this discussion on September 26, 2015

Question I've been pondering: If Dieringer moves up to 74, does Kent move Miller to 65? At that point Bo would be the clear favorite at 65, and (although FS) we saw Ian handle Bo. The question becomes - who would you rather wrestle in the finals, Bo or IMar?

I have no clue of Ian's walking weight, etc. But this is something that should be considered.

Ian Miller for me is the most exciting wrestler in college. Would love to be watching him on Saturday night.

Cory Surles added to this discussion on September 26, 2015

1. Can nato repeat?? (Toughest weight) to me

2. Will dijulius step up?? We need a top 5 finish from him. I love that he always smiling..would love even more to see him smile on the podium.

3. Who is the 141??? Will ke-Shawn redshirt? Hoping for hunter at this weight because he immediately becomes the favorite.

4.149 will be a dog fight for the title sorenson, Retherford, tsirstis, collica...of course a healthy hunter could win here but it will be interesting.

5. Can anyone compete with Martinez at this weight?? Think Micah shocks some people. Think he places top 6

6. Will deiringer go up?? (Praying he does) looking forward to Jordan vs Jordan 2...think we see a different Bo next time

7. 174-197 who will start at what weight??? Looking forward to seeing kollin Moore compete if forced to. Hopefully Myles get to red shirt but I could see him places at 84

8. What's the deal with Haines??? Wis he healthy?? Can he beat tav??? Heavyweight points will be the key to nationals

Other stuff

Will Snyder ever wrestle 97 again?

I think penn state is a lil over rated

I think we see a bunch of weight changes by mid December

Not expecting a national title this year but we will be within 10 points

I really really hope we get Mark Hall....a lineup of nato, pletcher, Hayes, Ryan, Jordan, Jordan, Hall, Martin, Moore, Snyder, and possibly Haines gives me goosebumps

Dwight LeRoy added to this discussion on September 27, 2015

Quote from Cory Surles's post:

"
I think we see a bunch of weight changes by mid December"

Won't we see what weight everyone is going at during the wrestle off (wink wink)?

Cory Surles added to this discussion on September 27, 2015

Quote from Dwight LeRoy's post:

"

"

Won't we see what weight everyone is going at during the wrestle off (wink wink)?"

Not necessarily by Ohio state but around the country

"

Quote from Dwight LeRoy's post:

"

"

Won't we see what weight everyone is going at during the wrestle off (wink wink)?"

Not necessarily by Ohio state but around the country"

Let me rephrase my comment, the wrestle offs should give us the ideal of what weight a wrestler would "like to compete at". Rather the wrestler can maintain the weight is a different story.

For example, if Jake Ryan wrestles off at 141# with the 3# allowance, one would think he intends on competing at 141#.

If tOSU is different, can you give more detail for those of us that our new fans of tOSU?

Bob Preusse added to this discussion on September 27, 2015

Dwight, can u give us your background, u have been active on here recently and u say u r new to ohio, just curious.

Quote from Bob Preusse's post:

"Dwight, can u give us your background, u have been active on here recently and u say u r new to ohio, just curious."

I'm new to being a tOSU fan, not new to wrestling. If someday I feel inclined to provide background information, I'll be sure to reply on Wrestling Anonymous: Introductions Are In Order! thread.

Justin Hayes added to this discussion on September 27, 2015

Hey, Niemann, wouldn't this be awesome?!? : )

"In a spectacular twist of sovereignty as unforeseen circumstances played out in late February, the anticipated front running teams faltered going into the NCAAs.

They possessed neither the manpower (injuries, legal woes, and personal struggles) nor firepower (their stars underperformed) to hedge the Ohio State Buckeyes, who maximized every last team point opportunity, working like men whose children were at home starving.

Coach Ryan was overheard exhorting his tribe on Day One, 'When going through Hell... keep marching!' On Day Three, they repeated as NCAA Wrestling Champions."

► Add to the Discussion

Page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next