Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Discussion Topic: Super 32
Rich Brunetti added to this discussion on November 2, 2015

Watching the Super 32 and especially the loaded 126 bracket, I was very impressed with a kid from OH named Tariq Wilson. I'm from PA and hadn't seen too much of him before. He had some great leg attacks and a nice frame which seems to a filled out a bit since last year - at least on video. He was really taking it to Mitch Moore when he got lazy on his knees late, got headlocked and pinned with short time.

Is this kid committed anywhere? Seems he might be a nice under the radar commit for somebody.

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Bob Preusse added to this discussion on November 3, 2015

good tip Rich -- Tariq Wilson, Steubenville, state runnerup last year div 2 to Tyler Warner, record 49-1 at 120, a senior will be in Ironman.

Brady Hiatt added to this discussion on November 3, 2015

Quote from Bob Preusse's post:

"good tip Rich -- Tariq Wilson, Steubenville, state runnerup last year div 2 to Tyler Warner, record 49-1 at 120, a senior will be in Ironman."

...and had beaten Tyler Warner in the district finals the previous weekend.

Rich Brunetti added to this discussion on November 3, 2015

"good tip Rich -- Tariq Wilson, Steubenville, state runnerup last year div 2 to Tyler Warner, record 49-1 at 120, a senior will be in Ironman."

Thanks, Bob. While I have you on here, got any tips on how we can get some OH teams at ETR? Ed and I have been beating the drum in your state for a couple of years now - almost got one this year but it fell through. We've been adding yearly and now have teams from PA, NJ, DE, MD, VA, NY, WV, MA & a bunch of prep kids. Next year we will have at least 1 (possibly 2) teams from FL. Still can't seem to get one from our neighbors yet - I know we are on the eastern side of the state, but we are very hospitable and outsiders seem to comment that we're extremely well run!

We'll have 6 top 40 teams this year plus a good number of nationally ranked individuals (probably 40+ this year). We're not the Ironman, but we do well for our 32 man bracket size. Would really like to see one or two teams come in from our neighboring state to see kids they normally wouldn't see.

Bob Preusse added to this discussion on November 3, 2015

Quote from Rich Brunetti's post:

"[Thanks, Bob. While I have you on here, got any tips on how we can get some OH teams at ETR? Ed and I have been beating the drum in your state for a couple of years now -

We'll have 6 top 40 teams this year plus a good number of nationally ranked individuals (probably 40+ this year). "

lol, u had me for sec with ETR-- yes Escape from the Rock hosted by, i think, Council Rock South PA, one of the nations better tourn.

too late for this year but give us next years dates, dates usually determine if a team considers entering, and contact info. Post again next Spring on here.

Rich Brunetti added to this discussion on November 3, 2015

"

Quote from Rich Brunetti's post:

"[Thanks, Bob. While I have you on here, got any tips on how we can get some OH teams at ETR? Ed and I have been beating the drum in your state for a couple of years now -

We'll have 6 top 40 teams this year plus a good number of nationally ranked individuals (probably 40+ this year). "

lol, u had me for sec with ETR-- yes Escape from the Rock hosted by, i think, Council Rock South PA, one of the nations better tourn.

too late for this year but give us next years dates, dates usually determine if a team considers entering, and contact info. Post again next Spring on here."

Thanks. Next year's dates are Saturday, January 14th & Sunday, January 15th (16th is MLK day). Will post again in early spring as per your advice.

Yup, it's at CR South. We've been at Ironman before, but haven't had the chance to return since our school district imposed their own travel restrictions on ALL sports. That actually was the impetus of the growth of ETR - can't go to them, may as well bring them to us. Shame, because this year we probably have a half dozen kids who could compete very well there.

► Add to the Discussion