Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Discussion Topic: Kyle Snyder: Check$
Justin Hayes added to this discussion on November 5, 2015

I assume that this doesn't impact his tOSU eligibility, right?

http://www.teamusa.org/USA-Wrestling/Features/2015/November/05/World-champions-Burroughs-Snyder-Gray-and-Maroulis-presented-Living-the-Dream-Medal-Fund-checks

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Mark Niemann added to this discussion on November 5, 2015

I read somewhere (article on themat.com maybe)something about deferment of funds. So, if that is correct and the funds are deferred, eligibility would still be good.

And Kyle - if you're reading this - if you want to defer the funds to my account as a gift to me, I will not argue. Let me know.

Quote from Mark Niemann's post:

"I read somewhere (article on themat.com maybe)something about deferment of funds. So, if that is correct and the funds are deferred, eligibility would still be good.

And Kyle - if you're reading this - if you want to defer the funds to my account as a gift to me, I will not argue. Let me know."

#Stalking303

Pat Altvater added to this discussion on November 5, 2015

Until reading this article, I did not realize that Bruce Baumgartner was the AD at Edinboro. That helps explain how a small university can place so much emphasis on winning in wrestling.

That is probably the only school in the country where a wrestler has to be concerned about getting their butt kicked on the mat by their athletic director.

Dan Harris added to this discussion on November 5, 2015

How about the Associate Athletic Director/Sports Performance at WVU - Joe Heskett

Quote from Mark Niemann's post:

"I read somewhere (article on themat.com maybe)something about deferment of funds. So, if that is correct and the funds are deferred, eligibility would still be good."

I figured they had it on lock down, just curious how it worked.

Brady Hiatt added to this discussion on November 5, 2015

Quote from Pat Altvater's post:

"Until reading this article, I did not realize that Bruce Baumgartner was the AD at Edinboro. That helps explain how a small university can place so much emphasis on winning in wrestling.

That is probably the only school in the country where a wrestler has to be concerned about getting their butt kicked on the mat by their athletic director."

and this one.

http://www.wvusports.com/staffDirectory.cfm?func=view&staffID=2409

Dan beat me to it.

Doug Brandt added to this discussion on November 7, 2015

Can someone ask Tom Ryan whether or not Kyle Snyder's $50,000 can be put in a trust and not affect his collegiate eligibility?

Justin Hayes added to this discussion on November 18, 2015

Will we see Snyder back at tOSU next season?

Steve Lester added to this discussion on November 18, 2015

Quote from Doug Brandt's post:

"Can someone ask Tom Ryan whether or not Kyle Snyder's $50,000 can be put in a trust and not affect his collegiate eligibility?"

I believe that USA Wrestling administers this prize fund. Questions about Kyle Snyder's situation, on their message board, have not been answered by site administrators, intentionally or unintentionally. In the course of conversation a third party suggested fans should contact Ohio State athletics for information.

However, the particulars might be considered private information, thus both USA Wrestling and Ohio State would not give information directly.

I'd love to see an overview of any understanding between the Olympic committee, USA Wrestling, and the NCAA. Specifically is the Living the Dream Fund an official subset of Olympic Gold (which is addressed in NCAA bylaws)?

► Add to the Discussion