Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2

Discussion Topic: buckeyes at bill farrell
Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on November 10, 2015

Rex: Was JO's comp tougher or did Logan just wrestle really well until late in the finals? Hard to say IMO.

Logan looked much better as a freestyler than he has in a long time. It's a shame he didn't start focusing on it sooner. JO gives him fits because he has the length, power and speed to shoot straight on against Logan. Logan has to find a way not to be directly in front of Oliver when he leads.

Logan's O was terrific all weekend. I hope he didn't wait too long to focus on Free. He needs to spend some time training with top people and away from folk IMO. He needs to get really selfish. Forget the Bucks, Logan. Forget Hunter. You look like you have a shot to win the spot but it's going to take a total freestyle immersion. Or so I think...

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Discussion Topic: buckeyes at bill farrell
Rex Holman added to this discussion on November 10, 2015

Hank-

It is always a matter of who can expose your weaknesses in the context of what positions are contested.

JO's competition was relatively tougher. The guys Logan wrestled prior to the finals have nothing on him to expose his areas of weakness. JO does.

Logan can stop his double with attention to detail. He did not look prepared to defend against a world class Oliver.

Although I have been super impressed with Logan's ability to counter wrestle and stay in position. Not so much at this event (against Oliver).

This was a great learning opportunity. He made three huge mistakes. He stuttered and had a lapse of concentration and was tilted as a result. Two points. He gave up a td rather than pushout. One point. And that last thing at the end, which again was big points.

In wrestling at the elite level, that is a shit ton of points.

When I said, please, no more folkstyle. I attribute those 3 mistakes to his time in a collegiate wrestling room.

He has to rewrite some of the code in his thinking to do what the situation dictates and on top of that he has to develop better defense in the context of counters and not letting Oliver get so deep.

If he eliminates all his mistakes. He wins that match.

If he improves his position in defending and countering, he maybe gives up a takedown (while scoring three of his own). He has not got challenged with shots like that in awhile. So, I believe he is simply out of practice in defending against that length and skill that JO brings to the mat.

Add to the discussion and quote this      

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2