Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2

Discussion Topic: Tosu @ Eastern Michigan Open
Jim Kessen added to this discussion on November 8, 2015

Could Bo be sick and that is why the low weight. During the Flow interview he made it seem like the cut to 165 was doable but wouldn't be easy and would take some time. Now he a couple of weeks later he is at 164 and could that be an error on track? I don't understand why he would weigh in at 164 and wrestle 174 why not go 165?

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Bob Preusse added to this discussion on November 8, 2015

KeShawn Hayes beating Div II runnerup Labry is big. And, Kollin Moore beat Ashland three-time All-American Joe Brandt in the semi's.

the future is bright, but ohio st really needs a future 165.

Dwight LeRoy added to this discussion on November 8, 2015

Quote from Bob Preusse's post:

"KeShawn Hayes beating Div II runnerup Labry is big. And, Kollin Moore beat Ashland three-time All-American Joe Brandt in the semi's.

the future is bright, but ohio st really needs a future 165."

Yes, good win for Ke-Shawn. Labry finished 2015 2nd, 2014 3rd, 2013 4th at the NCAA DIV II Championship.

Myles Martin was challenged in the finals and came away with the win against Nate Jackson IU. Nate Jackson was a 2015 NCAA DIV I Qualifier going 3-2.

Kollin Moore's opponent Joe Brandt finished 7th in 2012 & 2013, 2014 finished 5th NCAA DIV II Championship and redshirted last year.

Pat Altvater added to this discussion on November 8, 2015

Quote from James Kessen's post:

"Could Bo be sick and that is why the low weight. During the Flow interview he made it seem like the cut to 165 was doable but wouldn't be easy and would take some time. Now he a couple of weeks later he is at 164 and could that be an error on track? I don't understand why he would weigh in at 164 and wrestle 174 why not go 165?"

While I cannot pretend to know exactly what the coach is thinking here, it makes sense to me to have Bo weigh-in at 165. Tom has stated that he wanted to see how Myles wrestled at 174, and he won his class at EMU. Justin K. and Seth Williams didn't do all that well at 165. Now, Bo has already made weight at 165 and wouldn't have a delay to drop weight, so it makes sense to me. If they want to drop Bo down to 165 for the dual meet this week, or the MSU Open next weekend, then they are ready to go. After next weekend Myles could potentially have 10 Div. 1 matches in, and Tom would have a good enough sample to determine how well Myles is adapting to this level of competition. - Just a thought!

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on November 9, 2015

Noticed that Bo MFF'd out after two wins.

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on November 9, 2015

Tom Haines had a nice tournament. I believe this is the first time he has competed in an event as a Buckeye. Good to see him perform well.

Joe Kinzel added to this discussion on November 9, 2015

I think this Buckeyes team has the potential to be a lot better than people think.

125- Tomasello - top 3
133- DiJulius - top 8
141- M. Jordan - top 6
149- Stieber - top 3
157- Ryan - 2or3 wins
165- B. Jordan - top 3
174- Myles Martin - round of 12
184- Courts - top 8
197- Mark Martin - top 8
285- Tavanello - top 8

You have 3 guys who could win it. If DiJulius, Tavenello, and Mark Martin have the kind of years they are capable of it could be very interesting.

Pat Altvater added to this discussion on November 9, 2015

Quote from Hank Kornblut's post:

"Noticed that Bo MFF'd out after two wins."

I think that was by plan. - Looking at the brackets, Myles was a #2 seed and Bo wasn't a #1. - I think that the plan was to just get Bo a couple of matches to get loosened up and save him for next week. - No heavy wear and tear. - He doesn't have much to prove at this point to get a decent ranking. - Many of the other guys have to earn it through these early tournament.

I have seen it every year, that it is nice to get the young guys 9 or 10 wins before the Cliff Keen so that they can get decent seeds there and have a good shot to go deep in that tournament.

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2