Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Discussion Topic: Mark Hall
Brady Hiatt added to this discussion on November 11, 2015

I loved the campus and the atmosphere at PSU -- more so than almost any other campus I've been on. But every place not for everybody.

Hall addressed why he went to other two schools after visiting PSU -- because he didn't know if he'd feel same for that college as he did at PSU. No harm, no foul on him going to ASU or tOSU. Even if coaches at both places thought it was a severe long shot to land him, they still would have given it a shot. He is that good.

Last edited by Brady Hiatt on November 12, 2015; edited 1 time in total

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Justin Hayes added to this discussion on November 12, 2015

Quote from Dwight LeRoy's post:

"

Quote from Drew Taylor's post:

"Disagree that Hall wasted anyone's time. Tom Ryan, Zeke Jones, J Robinson and Barry Davis knew well before today that Hall wasn't going to their school. Heck, Bob P told us several weeks ago OSU was out of the running.

Mark Hall seems like a quality kid, and I'm glad he waited till signing day to announce his decision. It's good for the sport and good for Flo, which is also good for the sport. I just wish he would have chosen Ohio State, or at least a school not in the Big 10."

Drew,
tOSU coaching staff thought Hall was going to attend tOSU until sometime around tOSU's wrestle offs. Hall himself said he knew that PSU was the university for him after he left the campus which was before he visited tOSU and ASU.

I guess what some individuals are saying is that if PSU was the home for Hall, he could've canceled his other visits and committed at that time. He couldn't do that because the announcement on Flo.

At the end of the day, it'll be alright and tOSU will continue to assemble a national title team."

Dwight, love having you here, however, your intel is both timely and precise; think you may not be "Dwight"...

You have to be either Tom Ryan's "Body Man" or the janitor/maintenance personnel assigned to keeping all things tOSU wrestling clean and orderly. :)

Gregory Martin added to this discussion on November 12, 2015

Maybe I need to be a little clearer on this so my words are not taken as ALL negative because they were not to be taken in that context…. Mark Hall is obviously a fine young man and he’s definitely a hell of a wrestler so there is no denying that fact. He did his due diligence in looking at all places of interest however if I heard him correctly he said he told Cael right after his visit, that he was committing there which tells me it was held off so flo could do it live. My statement about wasting time was out of my concern for other young wrestlers looking for a home because I feel if you know where you want to go make a decision so others wrestlers who were obviously being held off until after his decision could get what they need to get financially. We all know wrestling $$ is hard to come by with 9.9 so my reason for saying that is because I love ALL kids and want to see them do well in life and get the best opportunities. To each is own but my family has a love and passion for others and that’s our values. On another note I know Breske who committed to Nebraska was very much interested in tOSU but he probably did not want to wait any longer and it’s probably others as well but he sticks out. My take if you know where you want to go and your mind is made up commit so you don’t rob others of opportunities because they are hard to come by. At least that’s what we teach our children. As far as PSU.. its obviously a great school with great facility, great fan base, great atmosphere, great coaches, great wrestlers etc however when I said my wife and myself hated it we hated it spiritually because we move by faith and not by sight! We realize everything that glitters is not GOLD. We believe conformation comes many ways and you just have to pay attention and one of the confirmations we received was talking to Mrs Ruth on several occasions so it was no surprise to us when Ed left PSU to train elsewhere. It’s all about where each kid is comfortable and what they are looking for at the end of the day and that’s all that matters but I’m glad my son chose a place for ALL the right reasons and not glitz and glamour and who cares about video games LOL!!!!

Mark Niemann added to this discussion on November 12, 2015

Quote from Justin Hayes's post:

"...
You have to be either Tom Ryan's "Body Man" or the janitor/maintenance personnel assigned to keeping all things tOSU wrestling clean and orderly. :)"

Or my star pupil in the entire "Stalking" series.

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on November 12, 2015

Mr Martin: Great post. Thank you for sharing your insight into the process. Your point about the Bucks perhaps missing on Breske because they thought Hall was coming is indeed a cautionary tale for all programs.

Jason Hayes added to this discussion on November 12, 2015

Quote from Gregory Martin's post:

"who cares about video games LOL!!!!"

Greg,

You know our boys care about video games. I recall a young man who forgot his TV but not his video console or games, lol.

I'm referring to school sponsored video game room LOL hell I might even jump on the PS4 every now and then lol to bad they don't have HS wrestling game

Jason Hayes added to this discussion on November 12, 2015

"I'm referring to school sponsored video game room LOL hell I might even jump on the PS4 every now and then lol to bad they don't have HS wrestling game"

I knew what you meant, I was just recalling the boys move in day and having fun with your comment.

Alex Creech added to this discussion on November 12, 2015

Quote from Jason Hayes's post:

"

"who cares about video games LOL!!!!"

Greg,

You know our boys care about video games. I recall a young man who forgot his TV but not his video console or games, lol."

video game w\o a tv.........that's funny.

I know Hayes that's why I was LOL so much hahahahahaba

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4