Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Discussion Topic: no one talkin' for a reason
Bob Preusse added to this discussion on November 11, 2015

Vets Day, so what-- no talk because in this country today very few serve.

http://www.cleveland.com/metro/index.ssf/2015/11/veterans_day_parade_marshal_wa.html#incart_river_home

great story in PD - what a man, a great man--

i rode a few helicopters over there, some of the most courageous were pilots -- not talking about airplane pilots where theyre miles in the air but Huey pilots & their crew who came in treetop level and landed where no one could get in, where no one sane would want to go in, just because we still had guys on the ground and Amercan soldiers don't abandon our own. ---- Navy Cross?? i think in todays atmosphere this is Medal of Honor material, no doubt. ...BobP

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Bob Preusse added to this discussion on November 11, 2015

no one talkin' ----for a reason

Brady Hiatt added to this discussion on November 11, 2015

Agree Bob. There is a reason.

Today, Veterans came in to eat lunch with our students. Was great to see the respect and appreciation they were shown by our students and staff.

Justin Hayes added to this discussion on November 12, 2015

I watched the Netflix Vietnam series, which gives an understandable panoramic account; tough stuff.

I'm thankful for your service, Bob.

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on November 12, 2015

There was a TV special Tuesday evening which featured three women connected to the armed services. One was a recovering drug addict due to PTSD. Another was married to a serviceman whose legs had been blown off. The third was currently a commissioned officer (I can't remember her circumstances but they were also extraordinary). All three were at the White House and were being interviewed by Jill Biden and Michelle Obama. All told the stories of their tribulations and how they overcame them. It was compelling TV--indeed as I watched I had the sense that it something most of us need to see. So many vets have a tough time for a myriad of reasons. To say "they deserve our support" is a cliche...but so very true.

Doug Brandt added to this discussion on November 12, 2015

Quote from Bob Preusse's post:

"Vets Day, so what-- no talk because in this country today very few serve.

http://www.cleveland.com/metro/index.ssf/2015/11/veterans_day_parade_marshal_wa.html#incart_river_home

great story in PD - what a man, a great man--

i rode a few helicopters over there, some of the most courageous were pilots -- not talking about airplane pilots where theyre miles in the air but Huey pilots & their crew who came in treetop level and landed where no one could get in, where no one sane would want to go in, just because we still had guys on the ground and Amercan soldiers don't abandon our own. ---- Navy Cross?? i think in todays atmosphere this is Medal of Honor material, no doubt. ...BobP"

Thanks for this post about Anthony Paskevich, Bob. Heroic individual, like so many others who laid it on the line to serve our country.

A spirit that is dwindling in this day in age.

I served in the Army from 1971-3 in Aschaffenburg, Germany. No combat for me. My biggest challenges were guard duty and fighting the cold weather in Grafenwoehr and Wildflecken.

Reminds me of George Gobel, who spent his stateside service in Oklahoma. "There was not one Japanese aircraft that got past Tulsa."

Bob Preusse added to this discussion on November 18, 2015

i am reminded of a quote i saw once. don't mean much today.

“It is a proud privilege to be a soldier – a good soldier … with discipline, self-respect, pride in his unit and his country, a high sense of duty and obligation to comrades and to his superiors, and a self confidence born of demonstrated ability.” General George S. Patton

Doug Brandt added to this discussion on November 18, 2015

Quote from Bob Preusse's post:

"i am reminded of a quote i saw once. don't mean much today.

“It is a proud privilege to be a soldier – a good soldier … with discipline, self-respect, pride in his unit and his country, a high sense of duty and obligation to comrades and to his superiors, and a self confidence born of demonstrated ability.” General George S. Patton"

Saw the Patton movie in Ft. Knox during Basic Training.

Pat Altvater added to this discussion on November 18, 2015

I have the utmost respect for all veterans.

I, personally did not have that experience, but I am proud of the fact that my son is a marine veteran who served a tour in the Persian Gulf, and he came home safe and sound. Since coming back he is finishing up his college career at Ohio U. and hopes to graduate in Mechanical Engineering in May.

► Add to the Discussion