Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Discussion Topic: Logan 2nd, J.D. 5th in Baku
Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on November 27, 2015

http://www.teamusa.org/USA-Wrestling/Features/2015/November/27/Stieber-wins-silver-Bradley-bronze-at-Golden-Grand-Prix-Finals

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Ethan Moore added to this discussion on November 27, 2015

Great work by Logan, seems like full time FS training is already paying off.

Taylor 5th at 86KG, I think he went 1-2 and was tech'd in the finals. I for one am excited about him going up, but time will tell if it was wise.

Jack Muni added to this discussion on November 28, 2015

What I find intriguing about Logan's FS wrestling is that he struggles beating Americans Oliver & Kennedy (Logan pinned the guy who beat Kennedy) but seems to give the foreign guys fits. He was silver medalist at Junior Worlds and beat #1 Open Sat, and beat the World Champ at this tournament??? He seems the best USA wrestler vs the other countries, but can't win a spot on the team.

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on November 28, 2015

Jack: No question that Logan is a "gamer." My guess is that if you asked the USA Wrestling Olympic coaches/staff, they'd all tell you privately that they'd love to have Logan as our Olympic rep. Why? Two reasons--he is always ready to compete and he scores. JO has more talent but doesn't seem to have the same level of mental toughness. Metcalf can't score against upper echelon comp. Just my opinions...take with grain of biased salt.

Justin Hayes added to this discussion on November 28, 2015

Stieber (semi):

http://www.flowrestling.org/videos/806850#.Vloc6zhdHIU

Stieber (final):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6Bp58Cp3l0

J.D.:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qd4h0Zkea8Y

Last edited by Justin Hayes on November 28, 2015; edited 2 times in total

Niemann...look!

https://www.youtube.com/user/denis09francuz/videos

Quote from Hank Kornblut's post:

"Jack: No question that Logan is a "gamer." My guess is that if you asked the USA Wrestling Olympic coaches/staff, they'd all tell you privately that they'd love to have Logan as our Olympic rep. Why? Two reasons--he is always ready to compete and he scores. JO has more talent but doesn't seem to have the same level of mental toughness. Metcalf can't score against upper echelon comp. Just my opinions...take with grain of biased salt."

I like the opinions, SAC.

Also agree with Rex's contention that Logan should never wrestle anything but freestyle again.

Jack Muni added to this discussion on November 28, 2015

I have to admit, I still get confused as to the scoring of points for back exposures in these FS matches, especially when the aggressor gives them up during a TD. I see Logan is using that "chest lock" move to score points, along with his leg attacks now.

Michael Rodriguez added to this discussion on November 28, 2015

I love Stieber, but Metcalf is clearly the man for now...and in my opinion Pico is the future at the weight. I see Stieber making a World Team or two, but by 2020 Pico will pass them all by.

Brian Nicola added to this discussion on November 28, 2015

Is it a foregone conclusion that Pico stays at 65K?

Chris Thomas added to this discussion on November 29, 2015

I wouldn't count Logan out for the 2016 Olympic team. He is closing the gap rapidly and he can score points against anyone. Anything he has aspired to achieve in the sport of wrestling he has gotten. My major concern or question is if he's strong enough physically for 65kg yet to beat Metcalf?

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on November 29, 2015

Quote from Chris Thomas's post:

"I wouldn't count Logan out for the 2016 Olympic team. He is closing the gap rapidly and he can score points against anyone. Anything he has aspired to achieve in the sport of wrestling he has gotten. My major concern or question is if he's strong enough physically for 65kg yet to beat Metcalf?"

Chris: Everyone at the weight has the same problem. It's a deep weight. Metcalf, Russell, Oliver, Stieber, Molinaro, kennedy and Pico plus a bunch more solid guys. Key is to win the US Open and secure the #1 seed.

Logan is clearly wrestling much better right now than he was prior to being able to focus on free. The depth of the weight,however, makes it really difficult.

► Add to the Discussion