Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Page 1, 2, 3  Next

Discussion Topic: Would You Remain A Browns Fan?
Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on December 1, 2015

My Dad, brother and I bonded over pro sports and in particular the Browns. Win, or, more often, lose, it was our team and we rode the ups and downs of fandom. But I have never been more sick at heart than I am right now. What a horrible team and terrible organization! My mind is blown by their ineptitude and for the first time in my life, I'm questioning my allegiance. Do I have to stick with them? Or is it ok to let go? SMH...

Curious as to others thoughts.

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Ethan Moore added to this discussion on December 1, 2015

Hank - I'm with you. I don't live in Cleveland but have been a fan for years. That was beyond pathetic. What's worse is totally missing on 5 or 6 first rounders in 3 years.

But, yes, I'm still a fan. Thick and thin.

Brandon Sommers added to this discussion on December 1, 2015

It was the perfect game. The Browns played pretty well. Entertaining. But we still pulled out the loss and will get a better draft pick. Hasn't helped in the past....but hope always springs eternal in the 216.

Shel Harper added to this discussion on December 1, 2015

Hank. . .

For years I've been, and probably always will be, a fan of the Browns----Paul and Jim.

Ben Golden added to this discussion on December 1, 2015

Hank, this is who you are. Embrace it.

Now go take your medicine from the Bengals next week.

Rick Wasmer added to this discussion on December 1, 2015

No excuse, for picking Manziel ahead of Carr and Bridgewater. I knew that was a wasted pick, meanwhile, Hoyer beat New Orleans last week.

Quote from Shel Harper's post:

"Hank. . .

For years I've been, and probably always will be, a fan of the Browns----Paul and Jim."

Wise comment, Shel. The Browns have trended from lousy to horrible almost from the moment Paul Brown was forced out. Brief spike in 64 then a line moving downward with occasional upward moves--most notably the Marty years. Now, we're flatlining.

Mike Pettine and Ray Farmer are inept. And the ownership is terrible. Browns have the worst defense I've ever seen.

People forget that the Browns D-line played very well the first several games last season before being decimated by injuries. Now, they can't stop the run against a Ravens line that was cobbled together with backups and other teams cast offs.

Ben Golden added to this discussion on December 1, 2015

Quote from Hank Kornblut's post:

"

Quote from Shel Harper's post:

"Hank. . .

For years I've been, and probably always will be, a fan of the Browns----Paul and Jim."

Wise comment, Shel. The Browns have trended from lousy to horrible almost from the moment Paul Brown was forced out. Brief spike in 64 then a line moving downward with occasional upward moves--most notably the Marty years. Now, we're flatlining.

Mike Pettine and Ray Farmer are inept. And the ownership is terrible. Browns have the worst defense I've ever seen.

People forget that the Browns D-line played very well the first several games last season before being decimated by injuries. Now, they can't stop the run against a Ravens line that was cobbled together with backups and other teams cast offs."

Hank I can feel the years of emotional attachment as I read this post. I don't know whether to laugh or cry. Thanks for sharing.

Mark Niemann added to this discussion on December 1, 2015

I'm in.

As an Ohioan, my allegiances run deep for the Browns, Bengals, Reds, Indians, Blue Jackets, and yes - even the Cavaliers and Crew SC.

The Browns have more troubles than I can shake a stick at but to turn would be treasonous, not only to the Browns but the state of Ohio. And that is something I would not let me sleep at night.

Loyal to a fault, I guess.

We shall lament the Browns, together, in the spring of 2018, as we all visit Hank's brisket shop and celebrate ANOTHER wrestling National Championship!

See you then.

Chris Thomas added to this discussion on December 1, 2015

Quote from Rick Wasmer's post:

"No excuse, for picking Manziel ahead of Carr and Bridgewater. I knew that was a wasted pick, meanwhile, Hoyer beat New Orleans last week."

Rick, I feel if Carr or Bridgewater were here the results would be the same. Both QB's have more talent around them because their front office is functional. The verdict is still out on Manziel's talent on the football field. We all know his immature and struggling with alcoholism. He definitely needs a strong support system to overcome these obstacles. Hopefully, Johnny allows the Browns organization to evaluate his talent on the field one day.

Browns fan for life

Jim Behrens added to this discussion on December 1, 2015

Does being a "fan" revolve only around winning or losing?
Just asking.
Sure the Brown's organization sucks but hope is always around the corner.
The problem is that, in this town, the corner is still some distance away!

To Hank's point I would bet you will always be a Shaker fan, right?

The good news is that wrestling season is here!

Michael Rodriguez added to this discussion on December 1, 2015

I grew up in Akron and I was always a fan of the Browns as a kid...until "The Drive" and "The Fumble". At that point, at a relatively young age, I gave up on them and I've never looked back. I enjoy watching football to this day, I just don't have a team. I'm much happier this way.

Every once in a while I'll think about the teams that pushed me to give up on the Browns. They were, of course, the teams I was the biggest fan of. They were the Brian Sipe years...the Bernie Kosar years. As it turns out, those are teams fans would kill for now. It's amazing how far they've sunk. Are they the worst franchise in professional sports?

Mark Niemann added to this discussion on December 1, 2015

Quote from Michael Rodriguez's post:

"... Are they the worst franchise in professional sports?"

One would have to think the TB Bucs would have that on lock-down, no? The Cubs, perhaps???

Bob Preusse added to this discussion on December 1, 2015

Hank realize it aint the same game u and your dad & bro shared-- in the 60s i used to go to Hiram to watch Browns preseason camps, we knew the players, unless they retired they were here for the most part every year. Imagine that!!

Loyalty meant something and was a 2way street --- it wasnt a "rent-a-player" revolving door like today. (Front office is even worse!)

being a fan involves LOYALTY and theres none in pro sports from players or front office, its a sham, the NFL is an old boys network-- Mangini is fired by Jets & 2 weeks later this loser was our head coach. Butch Davis walked out on this team and got paid by the Browns for years.

i'm told theres a saying about the Browns in the NFL: "You wont win but you will get paid."

for many years now i make sure on a beautiful autumn Sunday i'm in the Metropark or at the Art Museum or taking a long walk or writing on deadline or visiting friends who wont be watching the Browns-- doing something positive where my efforts will be rewarded, where i wont feel like a sucker.

its been such a breath of fresh air to ignore the Browns and their nonsense since 1999.

Bob: Excellent point about loyalty. The NFL has become so corporate that fans mean nothing. It's all about maximizing revenue streams.

Someone asked if loyalty had anything to do with winning an losing. Answer--yes. I'm happy to root for a team/organization that doesn't always win but gives an effort. Some of my favorite wrestlers have been guys who lost to better opponents but never quit. I see no reason to continue offering my allegiance to a horrible organization that makes bad move after bad move and reeks of incompetence.

► Add to the Discussion

Page 1, 2, 3  Next