Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Discussion Topic: KYLE SNYDER IS BACK BABY!!!!!!!
Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on January 6, 2016

Quote from Bruce Andrews's post:

"

Quote from Liam Bateman's post:

".... let's support a ballsy move instead of playing a game of chicken little."

That is a fairly pejorative statement to make about Michael's reasoned contribution to this discussion."

Not to mention I think Michael's right.

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Casey Talbott added to this discussion on January 6, 2016

I value Michael's opinion as well.
But in this instance, I think he's gone too far.
Specifically, this is his quote:

"Now if Martin is an All American and Bo Jordan upsets Derringer to win the 165-pound title and Snyder rolls through the heavyweight division and on to Olympic glory, along with Ohio State winning back-to-back titles then I will be totally wrong. But if that doesn't happen (all of it), then I'm right on this one."

So he's saying that unless each and all of these goals are realized, then the involved moves should be deemed failures. I don't think that's a fair way to evaluate what I'm certain were difficult, but reasoned, decisions.

Brady Hiatt added to this discussion on January 6, 2016

"RIGHT" -- is a matter of perspective.

John Smith believes how he runs practices is the right way. Tom Brands believes how he runs practices is the right way. Are they both RIGHT? Yes.

Michael and Hank's perspective on this is right - even if all accomplish their desired goals.

Kyle, Myles, and Bo's decision's are right - even if they all don't accomplish their desired goals.

I tend to fall in the, "it's their decision so go get it boys" mentality. Would I make the same decisions -- I honestly don't know as I'm not in those circumstances, but I think I would though I can see clear rationale what Michael and Hank are saying.

Mark Cummings added to this discussion on January 6, 2016

I'm excited to see the Bucks wrestle the remainder of the year. I don't necessarily think Coach Ryan has "champion's fever". Martin and Synder coming out of redshirt is a direct indication of how Hunter is progressing. I'm looking forward to seeing Bo and Isaac wrestle again at the Big Tens at 165. My concern is more about getting points at 184 and 197 than anything else.

Liam Bateman added to this discussion on January 7, 2016

Quote from Bruce Andrews's post:

"

Quote from Liam Bateman's post:

".... let's support a ballsy move instead of playing a game of chicken little."

That is a fairly pejorative statement to make about Michael's reasoned contribution to this discussion."

Was more of a general statement, great word though!

Chris Shepherd added to this discussion on January 7, 2016

Quote from Brady Hiatt's post:

""RIGHT" -- is a matter of perspective.

John Smith believes how he runs practices is the right way. Tom Brands believes how he runs practices is the right way. Are they both RIGHT? Yes.

Michael and Hank's perspective on this is right - even if all accomplish their desired goals.

Kyle, Myles, and Bo's decision's are right - even if they all don't accomplish their desired goals.

I tend to fall in the, "it's their decision so go get it boys" mentality. Would I make the same decisions -- I honestly don't know as I'm not in those circumstances, but I think I would though I can see clear rationale what Michael and Hank are saying."

So much wisdom on this site! I don't always agree with everything posted here. Then again, I don't have to agree with it to recognize value in the opinions of others. There are even times where I hold one opinion on a given subject and the posts of others have educated me on a different perspective to the point where my opinion has changed. Love the dot net!

Rex Holman added to this discussion on January 7, 2016

I like the move in the context of attempting to win a team championship.

I don't think Snyder will miss a beat on his transition to/fro collegiate and freestyle. His style is perfect for heavyweight. Plus, he will only be wrestling a couple of time during the collegiate season. Gwiz and Coon are big obstacles that I do not want to see on top of him in referees position. That being said, I don't think it is that big a deal.

It looks like MyMar is a legitimate contender to AA and with a few adjustments along the way becomes much stronger.

I want to see a healthy Bo wrestle Dieringer. Could he he dominate 174? maybe but I don't think it is that clear cut as coaches have seen a lot of him and top tier guys are going to have better strategy and stay away from his strengths.

I hope Hunter comes back healthy as he is the big question mark to me. His style of wrestling jeopardizes his joints. Hopefully he has changed some things because you eventually get hurt the same way if you don't make changes.

Anyway, OSU is back in the team hunt with the changes to the line up, otherwise not so much.

Bob Preusse added to this discussion on January 7, 2016

Quote from Rex Holman's post:

" I don't think Snyder will miss a beat on his transition to/fro collegiate and freestyle.

That being said, I don't think it is that big a deal.

It looks like MyMar is a legitimate contender to AA and with a few adjustments along the way becomes much stronger.

I want to see a healthy Bo wrestle Dieringer. Could he he dominate 174? maybe but I don't think it is that clear cut as coaches have seen a lot of him and top tier guys are going to have better strategy and stay away from his strengths. "

lol its never so until Rex says it is -- -- per Rex, "That being said, I don't think it is that big a deal."

however in this case of coouuurrrsse, its each guys choice. If made another choice-- OR let others make it for him --maybe he would have regrets years later. But when u make own choice well u own it for better or worse. Enough 2nd guessing, let chips fall where they may.

as Yogi Berra said, "When i came to a fork in the road i took it." Thus defines our lives.

Rex Holman added to this discussion on January 7, 2016

Just want to make sure my comments don't get misinterpreted and if they do well that's fine too.

Snyder going back and forth between styles is not likely to harm and thus, likely no big deal.

Winning a team title is huge.

Bob Preusse added to this discussion on January 7, 2016

was clear to me

Brady Hiatt added to this discussion on January 8, 2016

Crystal.

Freddy Carr added to this discussion on April 11, 2016

Congrats to Kyle!

Chris Shepherd added to this discussion on April 11, 2016

Congrats to Kyle and the entire OSU/ORTC community! This is a huge feather in their caps, for sure. Question is, does it fully put it to bed that the right decision was made for Kyle, OSU, ORTC, and the US Olympic team? IMHO, it really does. Performance has suffered a bit and I think it could be argued his motor is where it's at as a result of the training he went through in the collegiate room this season. Thoughts?

Jim Kessen added to this discussion on April 11, 2016

Quote from Chris Shepherd's post:

"Congrats to Kyle and the entire OSU/ORTC community! This is a huge feather in their caps, for sure. Question is, does it fully put it to bed that the right decision was made for Kyle, OSU, ORTC, and the US Olympic team? IMHO, it really does. Performance has suffered a bit and I think it could be argued his motor is where it's at as a result of the training he went through in the collegiate room this season. Thoughts?"

I agree with you it should be put to bed. However you know someone will be the first people on here saying I told you so if he doesn't win gold.

Bob Preusse added to this discussion on April 11, 2016

of course decisions to come out of RS were right, both decisions, spectacularly right... were right regardless of outcomes because the wrestlers themselves agreed to it, bought into it 100%. The final outcomes only put exclamation points !!! on the matter.

the debate spawned a line never to be forgotten wherever ow.netters gather - direct from the Senator McCarthy era - when a certain poster not usually prone to histrionics asked, "Am i accused of being a Communist?"

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next