Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2

Discussion Topic: Ivan Yariguin International Grand Prix- January 29-31, 2016
Chris Thomas added to this discussion on January 31, 2016

The Russian Kyle lost to was absolutely huge 3-0. I can only wonder what kind of difficulties he will face against some of the larger 285's at the national tournament?

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Jack Muni added to this discussion on January 31, 2016

Chris, I was thinking the same thing. That Russian looked way bigger than Kyle & Varner, and they are pretty big dudes. Kinda mage me question the weigh in process, but being they were in Russia, who knows?

Jim Kessen added to this discussion on January 31, 2016

Quote from Chris Thomas's post:

"The Russian Kyle lost to was absolutely huge 3-0. I can only wonder what kind of difficulties he will face against some of the larger 285's at the national tournament?"

I'm not to worried. For one the Russian is 29 years so he is more mature and no 285. is built with that much muscle. I would compare Snyder to Ty Walz body wise and he has no issues with the big boys.

Chris Shepherd added to this discussion on January 31, 2016

With all of this talk surrounding Snyder losing it keeps coming up about the Russians and their dominance at the world level. But nowhere am I seeing it mentioned that they most likely will NOT even be competing this Olympic cycle due to sanctions from all of the competitive doping crap they've pulled for years and years across all sports. And if you think they haven't pulled it in wrestling you're fooling yourselves.

Chris Shepherd added to this discussion on January 31, 2016

Admittedly, their wrestling dominance has continued right through the controversy and the wrestling community continues to have their heads in the sand about it. Why is there not outrage in wrestling circles over the cheating that is abundantly obvious??? Are people uneducated about what blood doping is and how it could be a competitive edge in our sport?

Bob Preusse added to this discussion on February 1, 2016

Quote from Casey Talbott's post:

"

Quote from Mark Niemann's post:

"What about this event earns the title "toughest tournament in the world"?"

Should come with an asterisk, "Excluding the Ironman". :-)"

the Yariguin is toughest no doubt. Siberia u kiding, in January? probably held on the former site of one of Stalin's concentration camps, yikes! Wrestlers housed in gulags. Makes me shudder.

here's what makes Ironman so tough, 2 gyms, people have fainted in main gym it gets so hot, mats too close together in main gym a spectator might get kicked in face. Jeff Buxton hated our refs (actually ALL refs). Buxton told me it was his favorite tourn because of "all the obstacles" -- so we aint in Siberia but we're pretty darn tough, lol.

Chris Thomas added to this discussion on February 2, 2016

Quote from Chris Shepherd's post:

"Admittedly, their wrestling dominance has continued right through the controversy and the wrestling community continues to have their heads in the sand about it. Why is there not outrage in wrestling circles over the cheating that is abundantly obvious??? Are people uneducated about what blood doping is and how it could be a competitive edge in our sport?"

I think people are educated on the issue of doping in America it has been a big part of our culture as well. On the Olympic level track & field and cycling has had some of the biggest sporting scandals in American history. It was prevalent in MLB for over a decade. Let's not pretend this only happens in Russia. I'm not going to accuse an athlete of doping until a dirty urine test has been established.

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2