Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Discussion Topic: Ohio state next year
Nick Lecklider added to this discussion on January 27, 2016

125...Tomasello..I think the buckeyes need him to make this weight one last year to maximize points at ncaas. don't think Rodriquez scores many points at ncaas
133..pletcher..can he make this weight? I think he will be ready
141...hayes expect him to aa right away..been impressive
149...m Jordan
157 j ryan...is tom not going to recruit his sons weight class.. he has beaten some fringe top 20 guys in close matches but still think this weight needs recruited
165..isiah white come in right away?
174...b Jordan
184...myles martin
197...kollin moore..think this weight needs recruited
285...Snyder

So now here are the questions...will Isiah white and pletcher redshirt?..i don't think so...tom wants championships..i think 157 and 197 will be the weak spots..both have potential but still unproven..need those recruited hardest along with 125 so tomasello goes up his senior year... who are we going after..
Would love romero, vough, and lee(longshot)..who else is on the radar..looked at potential 125 pounder and just don't see too many..feedback?

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Joe Kinzel added to this discussion on January 28, 2016

197 - Kollin Moore is going to be solid. I'm happy he had the chance to redshirt this year. I would not be surprised if he becomes a multiple time AA. The kid is that special.

Pat Altvater added to this discussion on January 28, 2016

I also think that Jake is developing fine. As a red-shirt freshman he is 11-1, with the loss to a very tough IMAR. He has 3-1/2 years to wrestle for OSU and is off to a very good start. - You can't 'dis' the kid cause he got beat by IMAR, and he has beat everyone else that he has faced to date.

Does he need to continue to develop? - Sure he does, but he's in the best room in the country with the chance to wrestle Micah, Bo, Burcher, Jaggers, Logan, Hunter, Humphries, may be even Bo, on a daily basis. He is well grounded and well coached. - I think it's the perfect position for a RS freshman who is 11-1 to grow into. I doubt that motivation to work hard is a problem for him!

I understand that he is young, but the sky is the limit!

Sean Koran added to this discussion on January 28, 2016

If OSU was able to land someone who is far superior to Jake at 157 (or perhaps 165 down the road) I'm sure they would. I assume a huge benefit to having Jake in the lineup is that he costs $0.

Pat Altvater added to this discussion on January 28, 2016

Quote from Sean Koran's post:

"If OSU was able to land someone who is far superior to Jake at 157 (or perhaps 165 down the road) I'm sure they would. I assume a huge benefit to having Jake in the lineup is that he costs $0."

First of all, there aren't that many studs out there that are going to come immediately and do better than 11-1, with the only loss to IMAR.

Secondly, if you find one, he's going to want some big bucks, which is a valuable commodity at this point, and I am not sure the team needs to commit dollars to unseat a red-shirt freshman who is 11-1, regardless of what his name is.

Thirdly, I see a work ethic in Jake. He wasn't the highest recruited kid on the team (he wasn't even a state champion), yet he has worked hard to earn a starting spot. He was so-so as a gray-shirt 2 years ago which didn't raise expectations at the time, and now he is 11-1 as a starter. He will work and continue to grow. - Just give him a chance.

If I recall history correctly, Tom probably wasn't the most gifted wrestler when he started in college, but he worked hard and ascended to the top of the NCAA ranks. It may be a bit presumptive to expect that same tenacity and hard work ethic from his son, but who knows. - We can wish! - And time will tell.

But for now, I would say that Jake's development is spot on! - Probably way ahead of where I expected that he would be by this time of the year. But, again, with the guys he's wrestling with in practice every day, a huge growth curve might be expected.

Bob Preusse added to this discussion on January 28, 2016

isaiah white just might be 157 --- so NOW the pieces start fitting together don't they, the 184 thing?

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on January 28, 2016

Quote from Bob Preusse's post:

"isaiah white just might be 157 --- so NOW the pieces start fitting together don't they, the 184 thing?"

Bo stays at 165?

Pat Altvater added to this discussion on January 29, 2016

If your two presumptions were right, that would push Jake out of the lineup?

I would think more logical alignment would be:
125 - Nato
133 - Pletcher or Rodrigues
141 - Hayes
149 - Micah
155 - Jake
165 - White
174 - BoJo
184 - MyMar
197 - Kollin Moore
285 - Kyle S,

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on January 29, 2016

Regarding the Bucks looking for 184....maybe they've got someone in their hip pocket that they really want? The Blair kid Singletary comes to mind. Just idle speculation.

Bob Preusse added to this discussion on January 29, 2016

Quote from Hank Kornblut's post:

"Regarding the Bucks looking for 184....maybe they've got someone in their hip pocket that they really want? The Blair kid Singletary comes to mind. Just idle speculation."

singletary 195-- i mentioned the name pg 5 previous thread, Ironman runnerup

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on January 29, 2016

I think next year's lineup will feature Bo at 174 and MyMar at 184. If Bucks are seeking a 184 it could be to add depth.

Nick Lecklider added to this discussion on March 19, 2016

Only losing three points to graduation. Adding in pletcher white and Keshawn Hayes off redshirt. Hopefully kollin Moore develops well also. Micah should definitely score more points next year as well. Penn state loses A lot of points but mark hall and Soriano will be big scorers. Micah and Bo need to learn to wrestle better from bottom. Bottom wrestling is what was the difference from him being in the finals as to not even being an all American. Myles Martin is good in all three position. That is why he is in finals. He gets out right away and has a great ability to ride. No redshirting next year as I think Ohio state has a legitimate shot. Pletcher has a good top bottom game which will translate well to college. He has been wrestling up a weight class all year and not cutting weight. He will be ready to go at 133. Isiah white has a ton of credentials also. Just needs to be able to maintain his academics and he will have a great future. Tom Ryan has maybe spoiled me with thinking all these freshman can all American right away.

Jack Muni added to this discussion on March 19, 2016

On paper, I think next years team will be the best OSU team ever. I feel it will be a better tournament team, with every weight class capable of scoring points. Stay healthy guys.

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on March 19, 2016

My prediction:

125: Nate (J-Rod)
133: Nate? (J-Rod or Pletcher)
141: Hayes
149: Micah
157: Jake or Burcher
165: White
174: Bo
184: Myles
197: Moore
285: Snyder

I like the number of potential AA prospects while there should be some increased depth. Wouldn't shock me to see Tomasello move up even though he'd be a very short 133. If he does, someone will have to shrink. I'm guessing Rodriguez unless Bucks can find a quality recruit for 125 at this late juncture.

Alex Creech added to this discussion on March 19, 2016

if pletcher doesn't have to lose any weight to go 132 to wrestle Red, would it be safe to assume it wouldn't be that big a cut to 125? Also assuming he doesn't get bigger in the next 8 months.

► Add to the Discussion

Page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next