Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Discussion Topic: Signing off!!
Gregory Martin added to this discussion on February 1, 2016

Go Bucks!!

Last edited by Gregory Martin on February 1, 2016; edited 2 times in total

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Brian Nicola added to this discussion on February 1, 2016

Thanks, Coach...check back in after four years and Myles hopefully has a few NCAA titles. Good luck on the ride.

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on February 1, 2016

It's very hard to be a parent and talk about your child and his team on a forum. I thought you were always classy about it. Certainly myself--and I think all the regular participants on this forum--are huge fans of your son. He shows spectacular potential and we're excited to watch him every time he takes the mat. Your decision makes sense. Feel free to contact any of us privately if you ever want to talk without having your words made pubic.

Brad Proudfoot added to this discussion on February 1, 2016

Quote from Hank Kornblut's post:

"It's very hard to be a parent and talk about your child and his team on a forum. I thought you were always classy about it. Certainly myself--and I think all the regular participants on this forum--are huge fans of your son. He shows spectacular potential and we're excited to watch him every time he takes the mat. Your decision makes sense. Feel free to contact any of us privately if you ever want to talk without having your words made pubic."

Hank took the words out of my mouth. Best to you Mr. Martin.

Mark Niemann added to this discussion on February 1, 2016

Quote from Hank Kornblut's post:

"Feel free to contact any of us privately if you ever want to talk without having your words made pubic."

As you state Mr. Martin - it is a shame that others would pull from this forum in order to post on another - good, bad, or otherwise. I hope you can take up Hank on the above invitation.

Same for Mr. Nicola's request.

I would say this is a wise move on your part given the desire by others to copy and paste. Hope to see you in Cleveland in 2018. Until then...

Rick Wasmer added to this discussion on February 1, 2016

Thanks for all of your contributions to the forum, I hope you'll reconsider. I know we are all thrilled that your son will be wrestling for the Buckeyes the rest of his college career!

Jake Burcher added to this discussion on February 1, 2016

Very well said Mr Martin. I for one truly enjoy watching your son wrestle and can tell you have done a fantastic job of raising him as he seems to be a fine young man. Looking forward to watching him the next few years. Glad he is a Buckeye!

Bob Preusse added to this discussion on February 1, 2016

my 2 cents Gregory, i advise don't give up your option to "correct the record" on here.

Contrary to one suggestion, no one should "speak for you on here". If its truth and NEEDS to be said we should hear it from you. U might never post again or rarely but keep the option available, u might need it.

i have no son in the sport however to an extent i understand your dilemma-- i've been bloodied by the most vicious trolls & aliases on the internet, not on here but on other forums since the beginning of forums going back 15 or so years. ....Haha, the old TheMat.com high school forum was a briar patch, a veritable pack of wolves hunting for prey.

Who cares? i'm still standing and now my skin is as thick as an elephants, LOL. If its truth & need to be said, air it out. Keep your option open. ...s/BobP

Michael Rodriguez added to this discussion on February 1, 2016

Bottom line, it's about what's best for your kids. If you think posting on here is having/could have a negative impact on them, then it's a no brainer.

You'll be missed. It's rare to find someone that is objective about their team and their child. I've always felt like you were both. Good luck to you and your son this season and in the future.

Gregory Martin added to this discussion on February 1, 2016

Thanks for all your well wishes and it's just something I think is best for me and my family and nothing against any of you guys I always try to see the good in everyone which maybe a flaw of mine I'm far from a perfect man I have definitely made mistakes along the way but I rather not be apart of lies etc on message boards just because I speak my mind on one Any one of you that ever need to reach out to me I can always be reached at greggmack@comcast.net or if your ever any in South Jersey don't hesitate to reach out So long Buckeye Nation!! Enjoy the rest of the season!!

Rick Wasmer added to this discussion on February 1, 2016

Go Bucks!

Doug Brandt added to this discussion on February 1, 2016

Come back anytime, Gregory; you are always welcome here.

All the best to your son, too. I can tell that with a dad like you, he's got to be on the right path.

Steve Lester added to this discussion on February 1, 2016

I'm with Bob P. on this. Keep your options open.

I appreciated your posts and felt this was the right forum.

I think it would be proper for whoever stole your thoughts to man up, register by name on this forum, and apologize to you.

Justin Hayes added to this discussion on February 1, 2016

Mr. Martin, I think this is a wise choice on your part.

Jesus taught that out of the heart, the mouth speaks.

And the keyboard magnifies what is in the heart and 10,000 of human history have shown it isn't good.

With the advent of the Internet, we not only have a veritable Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil at everyone's figure tips, but fools now have a built in audience, a microphone 1,000x more powerful than could righteously be justified, and a mechanism to maim, slash, and kill with anonymity, from a great distance, with no accountability.

Chris Shepherd added to this discussion on February 1, 2016

One of the biggest reasons I've always enjoyed this forum is the lack of anonymity. Cowards hide behind the cloak of anonymity. I'll echo the sentiments of all here and say I'm super excited about the fact your son will be a Buckeye for the next 3+ years. I've been excited for him to be here since the day the announcement was made. From all accounts you and your son are both first class. Sad to see you go but understand the reasoning. Best of luck and please stop back when his career is complete.

► Add to the Discussion